Do you ever feel like people around you move in slow motion?

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Because I just walked for miles around Vegas and I want to rest for one fucking second.
Yeah, this.

Stand to the right, walk to the left. If you're standing two abreast you are wrong, just as you are wrong if you're incapable of driving the posted speed, on the road.

Other people exist. You have no right to impede/imprison them with your infirmity.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I smell double standards.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Your nose is broken.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Standing to one side doesn't work. Escalators aren't that wide. Especially if either of you are carrying something. No one ever pays attention to people behind them and will block the escalator because they assume everyone just stands there, like they do. If your endurance is such that you need that 15 seconds of rest, then you are too old to be on one and should use the elevator. Any time I have passed on an escalator, I get looked at like I'm inconveniencing them or I'm rude for 'being in such a hurry'.

Again. You have options if you need 15 seconds of rest. The elevator. Stop blocking the escalators with your laziness or lack of endurance. Just because you don't think you are blocking because you stand on one side, you are. Ever walk through a doorway two abreast? No. Because it's too narrow. You always yield or are yielded to. Escalators are the same width. I challenge you to walk out a door at the same time someone else is walking in. They will look at you like you're an asshole, or they will stop and step back out of the way. Personal space becomes and issue at 36".
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't think I've ever seen an escalator where one side wasn't for standing, and the left for walking.

And I've seen an escalator or two in my day.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm in Boston right now, and I walk ~2.2 miles to/from work each day... I will say that people up here generally do a really good job of walking/moving.

Driving, on the other hand...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Racist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

GORDON wrote: I don't think I've ever seen an escalator where one side wasn't for standing, and the left for walking.

Are you referring to the stairs that are sometimes next to escalators? Escalators aren't wide enough to two 'lanes'.

You are defending your right to stand on an escalator with the fervor of a senior citizen claiming that he's not driving as slow as you think he is or in other people's way. "Pass me"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Racist.
Again, most of the people here are white, so not racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Escalators aren't wide enough to two 'lanes'.
The ones at the airport are. At least most airports I go to.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:
GORDON wrote: I don't think I've ever seen an escalator where one side wasn't for standing, and the left for walking.

Are you referring to the stairs that are sometimes next to escalators? Escalators aren't wide enough to two 'lanes'.

You are defending your right to stand on an escalator with the fervor of a senior citizen claiming that he's not driving as slow as you think he is or in other people's way. "Pass me"
I have literally never seen a 1-lane escalator. Not even sure why someone would build one.

But I guess you're correct... In your world.of single.lane pedestrian conveyances, a single lane road would be quite frustrating for some.

Except there isn't a posted speed.limit for.pedestrians. but whatever. Keep flailing and trying to be correct.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wait... Holy crap.... I think the escalator argument just changed the whole world, now nobody is ever going to get pissed at elderly drivers unable to drive fast,.ever again! So many comedians are.going to be out of.work!

Let the healing begin.

And also let's get the engineers working on widening all those escalators.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"GODDAM SLOW PEOPLE.ON ESCALATORS"

is going to.be the hot.new meme. You should copyright it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I have literally never seen a 1-lane escalator. Not even sure why someone would build one.
Do you mean escalator or people mover? I've certainly seen 1-lane escalators.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
That was actually a funny reply to Cake, not you. However, lots of posts flowed in after I hit submit, and for some reason didn't get the "other posts have been made" warning.

But while we're here, your statement is racist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: your statement is racist.
Again... can't be.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Why don't you just come burn a cross in my yard!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think Gordon is losing it. . .

Never said it justifies. I'm calling hypocrisy. Both old people, and people standing on an escalator are blocking people. Both don't care/realize/think they are. You are one of them complaining about the other.

Define double lane. What's the width? The max width per some googling is 40 inches wide. That's not two lanes. That's a doorway. Is a single doorway designed for two lane traffic? Two people exiting at the same time get stuck. Something comedians have done for years as well. Two people meet at a doorway at the same time, one will yield letting the other through first. They don't go at the same time. 36-40" is too narrow for two lane traffic.

Someone standing on an escalator with a package (most escalators are someplace where people are carrying things. Mall, airport, etc. Yes, there are exceptions (can't think of any)) will block enough of the escalator that someone can't pass, or it's inconvenient to pass them. You have to excuse yourself. They have to gather their things to make room, etc. The passer becomes the asshole instead of the person who should have taken the elevator.

But I guess, no, because Gordon does it, it's acceptable and, I guess, as the passer, I'm the asshole. Comma.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

it was a retarded comparison from the beginning.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
That was actually a funny reply to Cake, not you. However, lots of posts flowed in after I hit submit, and for some reason didn't get the "other posts have been made" warning.
You posted it over a day after I did. . . You typed "Racist" as a response and sat on it for a day before hitting submit?! At least you don't jump to judgement! You REALLY wanted to make sure you meant it before posting.