Holiday Thoughts

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Troy »

1) The only holiday culture fight that matters is the War on Thanksgiving! Every time someone puts up their decorations and lights before they've eaten their turkey, the fucking corporations win. Thanksgiving, when done correctly with friends you enjoy the company of, and not family that you can't stand, is the best of all holidays. Pushing it aside so you can sell a few more garbage presents is just the worst.

2) Who the fuck actually gets a CAR for Christmas? Why do these stupid commercials exist? Maybe the 1%ers of 1%ers throw Mercedes around like that. Those people don't watch NFL games anyway. These commercials are ridiculous.
Last edited by Troy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by GORDON »

I tend to agree with the "1 holiday at a time" mentality.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Leisher »

1) I'm a Christmas person, but I agree. We do our lights the weekend after Thanksgiving. (Really after THE Game that weekend.) It's also when I will start playing Christmas music on the radio. None until then.

2) Spoiled kids of ultra rich parents who are never home and feel guilty about it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Vince »

Was in WalMart with the wife the weekend after Halloween. Santa was there. Even the lady at the checkout was complaining about it. I remember when he made his season debut in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by TheCatt »

1 - Fuck you. We put up our tree right after Halloween, and it's glorious. And, allowed us to take pictures for our holiday card. Thanksgiving is just a speed bump on the way to all the glory that is Christmas. We don't do outdoor stuff until post-Thanksgiving though.

2 - No one I've ever known.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Leisher »

People do get them and some hate it.

Seriously some kids are completely ruined by their parents. They have zero chance to exist without mommy or daddy's money.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by TheCatt »

Parents eat tainted candy.

So the kids didn't eat it, and no one else is reporting any illness. I'm suspicious so far.
GORDON
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by GORDON »

Suspicious. Peeps don't usually give drugs away, if nothing else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by TheCatt »

Happy Black Friday week everyone!
GORDON
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by GORDON »

My mind is deep in west Texas, this morning, editing.

Happy overeating holiday!

I've been procrastinating on grocery shopping like an idiot, and it's going to be fun doing it tomorrow on Black Friday.
Troy

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Troy »

Still doubling down on not giving cars for Christmas and staunchly defending Thanksgiving from Christmas encroachment.
Cakedaddy

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Cakedaddy »

When you have family that thinks not being home for the holidays is a good idea, which then forces the holidays early. . . you kind of have to start early. We are celebrating Christmas the weekend of the 15th because my parents are cheap and selfish. If we don't start with the decorations and stuff early, it makes for a sucky holiday.

I would totally buy my wife a car for Christmas, if her lease was up on Christmas.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Still doubling down on not giving cars for Christmas and staunchly defending Thanksgiving from Christmas encroachment.
Merry Christmas!

We already have a tree up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Leisher »

Happy Watching Bad Football Games To Avoid Talking To Family Day!

Our Christmas tree has been up for over a week! My wife is going all out this year as our youngest are 9 and this is the last year they'll believe in certain things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by TheCatt »

Pretty sure all my major shopping is already done there were so many pre-Thanksgiving sales in the past week.
Leisher
Site Admin

Holiday Thoughts

Post by Leisher »

Three Thanksgiving dinners in 5 days. I'm fatter, and my mom continues to be a better cook than everyone else by a lot.