75%
Blue Pill
25%

Total votes: 4

Leisher
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: Nope, there's a LOT of do-over I would do.
I think we all have that same initial thought.
TheCatt wrote: It'd be weird though, since I'm guessing that even if I re-met my wife, etc, we wouldn't have the same kids we have today, etc. Too much would have changed.
That's the big one. You kill your kids when you take that do over. You get to live this new life with the guilt of knowing you wiped your kids out of existence.

As for 9/11...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Which pill do you take?

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:The re-do would be jarring. But... to Vince's point, I'm uncertain on afterlife's existence, so another 25 years of life? I'd probably take that. It'd be weird though, since I'm guessing that even if I re-met my wife, etc, we wouldn't have the same kids we have today, etc. Too much would have changed.
I think about the Butterfly Effect movies. They were getting do-overs, but but getting a different outcome didn't mean a better outcome.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

I think I'd still choose the do-over, even as much as I enjoy my life and love my family.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by GORDON »

Not sure if I can wipe my kid. Figuratively.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Not sure if I can wipe my kid. Figuratively.
Essentially murdering my kids is my hang up as well.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Which pill do you take?

Post by thibodeaux »

This timeline would still exist, I'd just have my consciousness in a different one. It's all good.
Vince

Which pill do you take?

Post by Vince »

thibodeaux wrote: This timeline would still exist, I'd just have my consciousness in a different one. It's all good.
So you wouldn't be a quantum murderer. Just a quantum deadbeat dad ;-)
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
thibodeaux

Which pill do you take?

Post by thibodeaux »

Vince wrote:
thibodeaux wrote: This timeline would still exist, I'd just have my consciousness in a different one. It's all good.
There's already an infinite number of Me in other timelines; I can't be responsible for ALL of them
Leisher
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote:
Vince wrote:
There's already an infinite number of Me in other timelines; I can't be responsible for ALL of them
Is your real first name Rick?