75%
Blue Pill
25%

Total votes: 4

Leisher
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

Red Pill Question -> Like is it 1992? Or is it still 2017, and I'm 18?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Red Pill Question -> Like is it 1992? Or is it still 2017, and I'm 18?
I also need clarification.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Which pill do you take?

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Red Pill Question -> Like is it 1992? Or is it still 2017, and I'm 18?
And do I still know the stuff I know? Bc I could prob make the 20MM in the stock market...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote:
And do I still know the stuff I know? Bc I could prob make the 20MM in the stock market...
This is exactly where I was headed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote:
But... do you stop 9/11?
Leisher
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by Leisher »

Here are the conditions:
1. It is 1992 because it does say "complete redo".
2. You know everything you do now.
3. You can affect the future with your actions in the past. Point being, everything you watched play out before will occur the same way, unless you somehow change the time line.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

I've got a pretty solid memory of the stock market from 99 through 17. I cannot recall much of 92 through 99, though my memory is that it was mostly good, maybe starting in 94?

I'd be soooo rich.
GORDON
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by GORDON »

All you have to know is "Apple," then "Google."

25 years younger.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: All you have to know is "Apple," then "Google."

25 years younger.
Shorting the dotcom boom in '00 helps :)
thibodeaux

Which pill do you take?

Post by thibodeaux »

Given we get to take our current knowledge with us, I can't imagine anybody choosing blue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Given we get to take our current knowledge with us, I can't imagine anybody choosing blue.
Someone did.
thibodeaux

Which pill do you take?

Post by thibodeaux »

Must be somebody in their 20s :p
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
thibodeaux wrote:
But... do you stop 9/11?
So.... Do you stop 9/11?
GORDON
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
thibodeaux wrote:
But... do you stop 9/11?
So.... Do you stop 9/11?
Realistically, what could you do? I guess with your stock market millions you would be able to contact someone who would talk to you.

I would stop 9/11, but I think bin laden would just do something else, then, because even if you convince the government to uncover the 9/11 plot they wouldn't understand the magnitude of what was stopped, and wouldn't go after the guy.

SO maybe I wouldn't stop 9/11. I don't want to be where OBL strikes next.
Vince

Which pill do you take?

Post by Vince »

I chose blue, but assumed we weren't going back in time. Only getting younger.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: Given we get to take our current knowledge with us, I can't imagine anybody choosing blue.
I don't think everyone is completely thinking through the options. Given the circumstances of most people here, I would think both options suck.
thibodeaux

Which pill do you take?

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote:
I don't think everyone is completely thinking through the options. Given the circumstances of most people here, I would think both options suck.
Nope, there's a LOT of do-over I would do.

And as for 9/11...not sure how I could stop it, other than some kind of "12 Monkeys" scenario where I wind up dead for my troubles.
Vince

Which pill do you take?

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
I agree. I'm pretty content with my life. The road I took got me here. More money would be nice, but overall I'm happy. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I'm the only one here that believes in the afterlife. That might also weigh into why I'm okay with less time.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Which pill do you take?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
The re-do would be jarring. But... to Vince's point, I'm uncertain on afterlife's existence, so another 25 years of life? I'd probably take that. It'd be weird though, since I'm guessing that even if I re-met my wife, etc, we wouldn't have the same kids we have today, etc. Too much would have changed.