thibodeaux

Harvey Weinstein

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Now detailsare coming out about HoC
Kevin Spacey made the set of Netflix's "House of Cards" into a "toxic" work environment through a pattern of sexual harassment, eight people who currently work on the show or worked on it in the past tell CNN. One former employee told CNN that Spacey sexually assaulted him.

The former production assistant, whose account has never previously been disclosed, told CNN that Spacey sexually assaulted him during one of the show's early seasons. All eight people, each of whom spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity for fear of professional repercussions for speaking out, described Spacey's behavior as "predatory," saying it included nonconsensual touching and crude comments and targeted production staffers who were typically young and male.

The production assistant did not report the incident to any managers of the series or the police, but he did tell a coworker at the time.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

So where does this end?

Every man in the world accused?

People will get bored of it?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Given the # of men in the world, very few have been accused, imho.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

VERY FEW.

However, since there are feminists who believe all sex is rape, Gordon's point is also legit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

So...is Spacey's career over?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So...is Spacey's career over?
I've got to think yes, at least for several years.
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

Yeah, I think Spacey is done. Netflix went from "We're going to end the series after this season" to "We're suspending production now". They are also canning a movie called "Gore" that Spacey had filmed for them and was in post production.

I'm really amazed at how quickly this thing blew up.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

The amazing thing to me is always the # of people who never said anything. So far I think we're up to 9 people who never said anything about Spacey, just from this show + the guy who started it all.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

It's almost like they knew how the game way played even back then, and decided that trading sexual favors for financial success was a trade they were willing to make.

Not saying it's right.

But they were (mostly) all grownups at the time, and no one was holding guns to their heads.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: It's almost like they knew how the game way played even back then, and decided that trading sexual favors for financial success was a trade they were willing to make.
Some of these people were just production assistants (gophers). They weren't casting couch material, there was no shot at fame. Or, maybe they thought there was, dunno.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

I.dont think anyone gets into the business as a.peon with the plan to always be a peon.

Again, the people who abuse their positions like this are scum. But that being said, they were all grown-ups (mostly).
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: It's almost like they knew how the game way played even back then, and decided that trading sexual favors for financial success was a trade they were willing to make.

Not saying it's right.

But they were (mostly) all grownups at the time, and no one was holding guns to their heads.
I feel like the sexual favors for money and fame scandal hasn’t happened yet and probably never will. People won’t admit they are were they are because they gave or received sexual favors.

These stories are about people abusing their position, not offering things for sex.

Netflix cuts ties with Spacey.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

How is "abusing their position" not completely about trading sex for money? These victims weren't afraid of losing their lives they were afraid of losing their careers.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

"I will sleep with you if you give me this role."
"Suck my dick if you want this part."

There is a difference.

I do find this scandal interesting because Weinstein has been in films a long time. There is no "type" among the girls coming out and accusing him. Point being, he went for ALL women, not just one type. So what about the women who aren't accusing him? Makes you wonder how many were ok with his advances. How many don't mind trading their bodies for money and fame. How many more are too embarrassed to say anything about it.

If I told you, right now, that if you fucked Roseanne Barr or watched her flick her bean and it meant you would be in a movie and potentially make life changing money for not only yourself, but for your loved ones, would you do it?

How often do these types of scandals happen in Europe where they're not so uptight about sex? Weird how lefties want to copy all aspects of their society, except for that...
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: "I will sleep with you if you give me this role."
"Suck my dick if you want this part."

There is a difference.
I'll give you that there's a difference, but the difference is in who initiated the transaction. It was still between two consenting adults (usually). If a woman doesn't like it, then she should say no and IMMEDIATELY come out with it, not wait 30 years until they can't wring any more money out of the business on their own.

I know that's a cynical view.

But I just still see it as... if you aren't able to make grownup decisions, then you aren't a grownup and shouldn't be allowed out because you make bad decisions.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Here's the thing: Who initiated it is impossible to determine unless the offer is in writing or there's video/audio of the agreement. So that point is moot and why none of these allegations should result in prosecution without an admission of guilt or witnesses.

Rape is a heinous crime, but as a society we need to stop pretending that every accusation is 100% factual. We also need to stop allowing public pronouncements of rape. Either file a police report or you can't claim it. If you do, you risk charges yourself. Just being accused of rape destroys lives, and we shouldn't allow people to throw it around as often as they do.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Shit, I'll bet that nearly every accusation is true.

Doesn't mean that it wasn't two consenting adults negotiating a contract.