Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: House of Cards, explicitly still talking about House of Cards here.
I know, but I can't comment farther than that because I've never seen it.

I can just go on what I hear about it, which is by "everyone" I know. Gordon's comment echoes that.

If I wanted to watch a biased Hollywood show about politics I'd watch CNN or Fox.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

I havent heard anyone talking about it in the past year or so. I think it was already dying. Being sick at home and watching half of season 5 yesterday reinforced that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

I believe you, but the timing is still a dead giveaway.

"Yeah, we're cancelling that show."
"Does this have to do with the allegations he tried something with a 14 year old?"
"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

At the very least, the announcement being made now was because of this scandal.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I'm not saying it's not driven by the accusations, and certainly the announcement itself could have been driven by it. Seems like a lot of lives to impact for one guy's issues, though, so I'd hope they'd look at getting rid of him, if anything, if it were really driven by him. Although, he is one of the two main people, so who knows if it could survive without him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

House of Cards Season 6 Production Postponed

But, this did not cause the end, they re-state: http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/house-of-c ... in-spacey/
News of the political drama’s impending swan song comes less than 24 hours after actor Anthony Rapp accused House of Cards leading man Kevin Spacey of making a sexual advance at him when he was 14. Multiple sources confirm, however, that the decision to bring HoC to an end was made months ago and was not in response to the allegations. (A Netlix rep confirms this.)
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: House of Cards Season 6 Production Postponed

But, this did not cause the end, they re-state: http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/house-of-c ... in-spacey/
News of the political drama’s impending swan song comes less than 24 hours after actor Anthony Rapp accused House of Cards leading man Kevin Spacey of making a sexual advance at him when he was 14. Multiple sources confirm, however, that the decision to bring HoC to an end was made months ago and was not in response to the allegations. (A Netlix rep confirms this.)
That's nice. Unfortunately, it's incorrect. Whoever wrote that is getting facts confused.

CNN has the story and the actual statement about the decision.
Netflix and Media Rights Capital, which produces the series, confirmed the move in a joint statement issued Tuesday.
"MRC and Netflix have decided to suspend production on 'House of Cards' season six, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew," the statement read.
Also...
Production on Season 6 had been taking place in the Baltimore area for about two weeks, a spokesperson for the Maryland Department of Commerce told CNN.
On Monday, Netflix and MRC said they were "deeply troubled " by the allegation against Spacey, and said representatives from both companies had been sent to set to ensure the cast and crew "feel safe and supported."
Production was in progress for two weeks! That means shooting had begun.

Here's where your CNET source got confused:
Netflix announced on Monday that Season 6 of "House of Cards" would be the show's last.
The decision to end the series, according to multiple sources close to production, was made months prior to the allegation against Spacey.
They didn't decide months ago to end the show and they just announced it. They decided months ago that this would be their final season. The decision to halt production is because of Spacey's confession. That's not free. It, literally, puts a lot of people out of work and means Netflix will be eating the cost of everything to date with no product to show for it.

And yes, all because of the Spacey allegations and confession.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Jeremy Piven is the latest actor to be accused of sexual assault.

Bonus points to the woman for channeling South Park's Member Berries...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's nice. Unfortunately, it's incorrect. Whoever wrote that is getting facts confused.
Your article says the exact same thing
Netflix announced on Monday that Season 6 of "House of Cards" would be the show's last.
The decision to end the series, according to multiple sources close to production, was made months prior to the allegation against Spacey.
We all agree the production postponement was due to Spacey.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: We all agree the production postponement was due to Spacey.
Do we?
TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Netflix does. House of Cards is over.
Eh,
The decision to end the show and the allegations facing Spacey were "two separate things," according to the source.
Although, this has reminded me that I forgot to watch Season 5...
Your original assertion seemed to indicate you did not believe this to be the case. Or did I misinterpret these two quotes?
TheCatt wrote: Your article says the exact same thing
Perhaps, but you did not present the information like I did. You presented it in a way that supported your assertion, while leaving out the stuff that supported mine. Example:
TheCatt wrote: But, this did not cause the end, they re-state:
Although, re-reading this multiple times, I think we're debating similar things, but not the same thing. I think we're both correct. I'm arguing Netflix stopped the show because of the allegations. You're arguing Netflix cancelled the show previously because Season Six was already announced as the final season?

Back to the show itself, Netflix needs to just let it be dead at 5 seasons. I've got to think the audience for a show featuring a guy who admitted to trying to fuck a 14 year old is probably pretty small.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Although, re-reading this multiple times, I think we're debating similar things, but not the same thing. I think we're both correct. I'm arguing Netflix stopped the show because of the allegations. You're arguing Netflix cancelled the show previously because Season Six was already announced as the final season?
1 - Yes, production on the current season was stopped due to allegations, I agree.

2 - Yes, I am arguing that Season 6 was already going to be the last, prior to the allegations. They just announced it due to the incident, but it was already decided. Given where Season 5 is, I can believe it. It's getting to be like GoT post-book content. Lacking.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Yes, I am arguing that Season 6 was already going to be the last, prior to the allegations.
Yeah, that's where we were talking about two different things. I just knew they stopped production because of the allegations. I had no idea how many seasons they had or when any end was coming.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Woe be unto any rich man who a few years ago was considered harmless, but sexually aggressive.

I've heard all women hate sexually aggressive men and that approach never works, so I don't know why men have been that way since the beginning of time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Seth MacFarlane keeps nailing predictions with jokes.
GORDON wrote: I've heard all women hate sexually aggressive men and that approach never works, so I don't know why men have been that way since the beginning of time.
Right? You'll be told that there's a difference between being sexual aggressive in a good way and a bad way. The difference lies in what the woman wants from the man in each situation. (Because only their opinion matters when it comes to sex and attraction apparently...) So today a woman might enjoy your sexual advances, but if you piss her off tomorrow you'll be arrested.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

DAmmnn... was this stuff really known?
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

I think as an insider, Seth has plenty of access to all the well-known secrets.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Poor Data.
Uh...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Poor Data.
Uh...
For some reason years ago I confused Brett Ratner with Brent Spiner, so I'm just going with it.