Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Should this be the catch all thread for all the rape allegations being thrown around now?

Model says David Blaine raped her.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Should this be the catch all thread for all the rape allegations being thrown around now?

I don't know what the answer is, but people need to report this stuff WHEN IT HAPPENS
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Should this be the catch all thread for all the rape allegations being thrown around now?

I don't know what the answer is, but people need to report this stuff WHEN IT HAPPENS
Yeah but their careers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Actress accuses George H. W. Bush of sexual harassment.

While he was in a wheelchair, doing a photo shoot, and with his wife right there. G.H.W.B has apologized if he offended her with his humor. The actress has since delete the tweet and won't return CNN's calls.

I'm guessing it's because she didn't realize he's got a movement disorder, which would explain the touching she might have thought was intentionally inappropriate.

Also, if someone touches you inappropriately, why are we waiting four years to say anything without a shred of proof? And why are we saying something on Twitter instead of to the police.

I believe #MeToo (I was sexually harassed too) has become #MeToo (I want attention too).
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

People recognize that he's an old man and she's getting crucified on the internet and this will probably cost her her career.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/ ... of_sexual/
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Do you think somewhere Bill Clinton is sweating?
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

CNN wants you to know about all the men who have been accused of sexual harassment in the wake of Weinstein.

They also cutely add "(incomplete)" in the title of this list on their home page. Isn't it nice that you can have your reputation absolutely destroyed just by someone making an accusation and there's nothing you can do about it?

CNN also wants you to know that women online get harassed.

I really wish I could find that study, I believe UCLA conducted, that proved sexual harassment had a lot to do with how the women perceived the man. If he was old and ugly, it was sexual harassment. If he was young and attractive, the EXACT same words and actions used on the SAME women, were not perceived as harassment.

I am 100% against a man or woman using their power or position to force someone into doing something they don't want to do, but this has become a witch hunt. I would bet my life that at least 1 of Weinstein's accusers slept with him willingly because she knew it would advance her career. However, nobody wants to talk about that angle. We have to pretend gold diggers don't exist.

MSN is breaking the news of a fourth actress accusing Weinstein of rape, but I can't post it as their website is complete dogshit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

I wonder if there is going to be a backlash to all the "me too." If men who never did before will end up resenting women, in general, waiting for some normal interaction to be misconstrued.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I wonder if there is going to be a backlash to all the "me too." If men who never did before will end up resenting women, in general, waiting for some normal interaction to be misconstrued.
As someone who has ALWAYS respected women, who is married, and has three daughters, I'd say I'm a good indication that "yes", there will be a backlash.

I ALWAYS told a woman before sleeping with her where it was going. I was never in relationships so I couldn't cheat. I had a way of getting a girl to break things off with me even so they'd feel empowered about it. I've never visited a prostitute. And I always stuck my hands in the couch at titty bars, on the rare occasions I was there, and didn't break any of the rules that a lot of the guys I know break. (Seriously, I have stories...)

Yet here I am, being all bitter about the half truth that's being pitched to us as the whole truth. "Men are pigs and women are victims."

Fuck that bullshit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

And you can't even say, "Hey, uh.... not all men...." because then you get slammed for being a misogynist, not understanding what these women are going through.

Over the last few years I've been contemplating the idea that 90% of people walk around all day, every day, afraid. This is why you see so many overly-emotional, angry people. Covering the fear of the unknown, and why so many people look back on their lives and wonder why they hesitated, because they no longer remember the fear.

Now apply that to women being afraid of every other human who is bigger than her....
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I really wish I could find that study, I believe UCLA conducted, that proved sexual harassment had a lot to do with how the women perceived the man. If he was old and ugly, it was sexual harassment. If he was young and attractive, the EXACT same words and actions used on the SAME women, were not perceived as harassment
You don't need a study, that's just life. Remember, it's "unwanted" sexual attention.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

SNL nailed it over 10 years ago. Their guidelines for men to not be sued for sexual harrassment were:

1. Be attractive.
2. Don't be unattractive.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... 1966?snl=1

I wonder if Tina Fey and Amy Pohler wish they could take that video back, now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Kilmer being accused of physical abuse.

The best part is that IF she's telling the truth, he and/or the studio can now sue her for damages.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Kilmer being accused of physical abuse.

The best part is that IF she's telling the truth, he and/or the studio can now sue her for damages.
The film’s casting director, Risa Bramon Garcia, reportedly disagrees with O’Heaney’s account of the audition. Bramon Garcia told Buzzfeed that O’Heaney and all other actresses were warned that they would be reading a volatile scene that could result in physical contact.
Fuck you. Next.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Keep reading though. She says she filed a police report and settled with the company for $26K.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

99.99999% of people who take a punch don't get shit. She got money for an accident, in exchange for a nondisclosure, which she now violated. I'm sure she gave the cash back this morning before running to the press, though.

Fuck her.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Oh, I agree fuck her. Just pointing out that back then she at least went to the police.

I also believe she's delusional if she thinks this version of events is what happened. No way does that happen in a room full of people, in a professional setting, while it's being filmed (auditions are filmed), and by a person that's a complete stranger.

I believe the truth is probably somewhere between her version of events and the casting agents'.