Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Doesn't even have to be Creepy.

A woman could genuinely have a beautiful and romantic night with a guy completely choose to have sex with him, and then a year later get in a fight with him, and then choose that he raped her because now she wouldn't sleep with him. Granted a court wouldn't agree with her, but a large segment of our society would.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by GORDON »

Woman are as strong as men but they are also china dolls and words cause them physical pain and years of emotional trauma.

Some women.

So be careful and treat them differently from real people, because #metoo will getcha
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Equality is super important too.

Until the check comes.
Or a stranger is in the house.
Or the ship is sinking.
Etc.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Also, I'm noticing that all the jewelry commercials are telling me to buy stuff for women. None show a woman getting a man something crazy expensive.
Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Also, I'm noticing that all the jewelry commercials are telling me to buy stuff for women. None show a woman getting a man something crazy expensive.
There is one. It has gay and interracial couples too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote:
Leisher wrote: Also, I'm noticing that all the jewelry commercials are telling me to buy stuff for women. None show a woman getting a man something crazy expensive.
There is one. It has gay and interracial couples too.
Gay couples don't count unless the effeminate one was buying for the macho one.

Not sure what race has to do with anything? Unless you want to discuss how underrepresented Asians are or white men with black women?
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

Point was that the commercial showed one of everything.

Speaking of underrepresented Asians. . . told the wife the other day that Crazy Rich Asians is on the list of required movies to watch and love for all white people as part of our mandatory cultural diversity training.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Point was that the commercial showed one of everything.
Great, 1 in a 1000. Equality! :D

Now find us the sitcom where the dad is responsible, organized, sane, and logical while the mom is an overgrown child that's always horny.
Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: Point was that the commercial showed one of everything.
Great, 1 in a 1000. Equality! :D

Now find us the sitcom where the dad is responsible, organized, sane, and logical while the mom is an overgrown child that's always horny.
Married with Children?
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

You mean the sitcom that was actively boycotted because of its portrayal of women, which directly led to its popularity?

Peg fits, but Al doesn't match the required criteria.
Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

I disagree with your assessment of Al. Sure, he wasn't a doctor, so they weren't rich. But, he had a strong work ethic. Hated his job, but went every day. Did everything he could to make sure his family had what they needed. Protected them. If you dissed a Bundy, you were doing to pay. Very much knew the value of a dollar and tried to teach his family. Although it was a struggle, he maintained his sanity and again, tried to teach his family important lessons constantly. Put Al with people who weren't complete failures and massive leaches and he is mush happier and would be a more apparent fit to what you were looking for. But when his entire family worked against him, non-stop, it's harder to see how he was the perfect fit to what you were describing.

Compare that to Rosanne. Again, not a doctor, but the dads are pretty similar. Dan was hard working, cares for the family. Teaches good life lessons. He just didn't have a family that was actively trying to sabotage everything he did and suck as much out of him as humanly possible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I disagree with your assessment of Al.
You can disagree, but that doesn't make you right.

End of the day, Al was a joke. The kid with the bright future who threw it all away for sex. His wife and kids didn't respect him. He busted his ass to nowhere and got nothing for it. He was routinely portrayed as a bumbling idiot, but had a big heart and would indeed defend his family. But doesn't that prove he was an idiot? Defending those who didn't give two shits about him? And he always lost. Maybe one episode ended where he won the day?

I never watched Roseanne. John Goodman was the only person in the cast I could remotely stand in RL, and the few moments I was exposed to the show proved I couldn't stand any of their characters. But let's say he was what you say, it's funny that of all the people on the show, he's the one they killed off. (This is pre-comeback where he was miraculously resurrected.)
Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: You can disagree, but that doesn't make you right.
You are correct. I don't need to disagree with you to be right. I just am.

Then you need to add winner, respected, good and well adjusted children to you list of criteria. Basically, you want Cosby with a horny fuck up of a wife.

Al meets your original criteria:
Responsible - Takes care of his family the best he can.
Organized - He's very structured. Work everyday. Take care of the house and car. Maintain friendships.
Sane - Has a solid understanding of life, how it works, hard work, etc.
Logical - Understands the value of a dollar and hard work.

You take points away because he takes care of his family even though they are mean to him? How many points does he get back if he just leaves them to fend for themselves!? The fact that things never/rarely went his way (I can remember more than one episode where Al won the day. Even if it was only in his eyes) doesn't prove he didn't fit the original criteria. Winner wasn't in the list.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

1. Do your actual job instead of debating MWC. Need those forms.
2. You're severely stretching the criteria about as far as they'll stretch to try and fit Al in there. And there is no "official criteria" based upon a hastily typed response. Don't be ridiculous.

In fact, my point remains proven because you're struggling to prove that men aren't constantly portrayed negatively in ads and TV shows. Just arguing for even a single example where the guy is "decent" when you have hundreds of shows to choose from proves the point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 1. Do your actual job instead of debating MWC. Need those forms.
2. You're severely stretching the criteria about as far as they'll stretch to try and fit Al in there. And there is no "official criteria" based upon a hastily typed response. Don't be ridiculous.

In fact, my point remains proven because you're struggling to prove that men aren't constantly portrayed negatively in ads and TV shows. Just arguing for even a single example where the guy is "decent" when you have hundreds of shows to choose from proves the point.
Just shows we're strong enough to take a joke.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

Submitted the second request for the docs. First was last week when we set things up. I should have stayed on top of it to make sure it got done. Will have them by the end of day tomorrow.

You said "Name one show that blah blah blah". I did. I'm not trying to prove that men aren't constantly portrayed negatively. I was simply giving you what you asked for.

The other day, I'm listening to NPR. They are reporting on some attack somewhere. How it was horrible that women and children were being killed. My thought was, "It's ok that men were? What about equality? Shouldn't we just be talking about the children?"
GORDON
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by GORDON »

"Asteroid Destroys Earth. Women and Minorities Hardest Hit."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Just shows we're strong enough to take a joke.
"Catt calls women weak, forced to quit his job"
Cakedaddy wrote: Submitted the second request for the docs. First was last week when we set things up. I should have stayed on top of it to make sure it got done. Will have them by the end of day tomorrow.
Got an email this morning that you're good to go.
Cakedaddy wrote: I did.
You named a show, but it doesn't fit what I'm looking for, and honestly, a lot of what you said could apply to shows that are absolutely brutal to men. "They care about their family". "They work hard." Yada yada yada. I want a strong male character who is portrayed as the glue who holds everything together, while his direct counterpart is a women who is a complete moron only concerned with sex.
Cakedaddy wrote: The other day, I'm listening to NPR. They are reporting on some attack somewhere. How it was horrible that women and children were being killed. My thought was, "It's ok that men were? What about equality? Shouldn't we just be talking about the children?"
Right? And this is my point. I'm 100% for equality, but equality doesn't mean raising one up while pushing another down. And if you want equality you need to let other things go. Maybe men shouldn't be expected to pay for dates? Maybe the daughter's family shouldn't pay for the wedding? Maybe you should stay and die in the fire so the man can escape? Maybe you go downstairs and investigate that noise while the man sits in bed?

There are a lot of women who just want to be treated as equals. I'm with them.

There are a lot of "woke" women who want this movement to put them above men and they also still expect to be treated like princesses and the weaker sex, even though we have to pretend they can do anything a man can do. They can go fuck themselves.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Well, if I have to quit, I may as well go down in flames

It's not me, it's someone else.