Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Think we're headed toward a new Puritanism?
Or, maybe, a world where women are less harassed.
Wow you really care about the issue way more than me. Nice.
Da fuq?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

He pleaded not guilty in Brooklyn Criminal Court on Friday. The sex abuse and forcibly touching charges are misdemeanors, while harassment is a lesser charge classified as a violation, according to a court official.

Dr. Frieden was hosting a get-together at his home when the incident occurred, according to a senior law-enforcement official. Dr. Frieden squeezed the unidentified woman’s buttocks “on the way out the door” as people were exiting, added the official, who didn’t know if there were any other witnesses.
sex abuse?
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

The Vatican and the pope knew about the abuses and a cover up.

Yes, there are calls for the pope to resign.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

I moved and renamed this thread, formerly titled "Harvey Weinstein", because it's far beyond just Hollywood sex scandals at this point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

"I can't specifically speak to Pope Francis," Attorney General Josh Shapiro told NBC's "Today" show Tuesday. But "we have evidence that the Vatican had knowledge of the cover-up."
Shapiro did not specify what evidence he has that would suggest the Vatican knew of a cover-up.
Vatican spokesman Greg Burke told CNN Tuesday that the Vatican would need to learn more details about the evidence before commenting.
Why? Got something to hide?

And he doesn't say Francis knew, explicitly, but you think he would.

Time for some heads to roll, Vatican (if true).
Vince

Sex Scandals

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:Time for some heads to roll, Vatican (if true).
Agreed, but the press is now seeing this as a conservative movement against a pro-gay (or at least neutral gay) pope. So they're starting to play up the conservative vs progressive and downplay actual pedophilia.

Trump isn't the reason people hate the press.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Trump isn't the reason people hate the press.
The MSM is the only organization whose approval ratings rival Congress.

In other news, Louis CK returned to stand up. People on the Twitters are losing their fucking minds with outrage. It's been over a year, he confessed, but that's not enough. Nobody, not a single fucking person, can detail exactly what penance he must pay before being allowed to join society again, but they're all outraged anyway.

Let's follow this logic:
-Gay people are born that way and can't help who they're attracted to. (I agree.)
-Pedophiles can be reformed and should be allowed out of prison. (This is a direct contradiction to the above sentence.)
-A comedian who jerks off in front of women should never be allowed to perform again. (Because he cannot be reformed unlike someone who rapes children...?)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah... this shit is complicated. Maybe all the people he directly assaulted/offended should be able to vote on it? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Maybe all the people he directly assaulted/offended should be able to vote on it?
I don't think you can say "assault" for him. He didn't touch anyone. And if I'm being honest, I'm unsure how someone can jerk off to completion in front of you and against your will. Walk away. Close your eyes. Point at it and laugh...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Maybe all the people he directly assaulted/offended should be able to vote on it?
I don't think you can say "assault" for him. He didn't touch anyone. And if I'm being honest, I'm unsure how someone can jerk off to completion in front of you and against your will. Walk away. Close your eyes. Point at it and laugh...
I think a lot of people just don't know how to react to shocking things. Or situations where someone with a lot of power over them is asking them to do things, etc.

At any rate. Maybe the victims (better?) could get together and vote. Then they'd issue him a certificate, and everyone could just shut the fuck up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Maybe the victims (better?) could get together and vote. Then they'd issue him a certificate, and everyone could just shut the fuck up.
I laughed because we both know the victims could go on TV, say they weren't really offended and they fully support him resuming his career and people would shit on them or say they're victims and don't know what they're saying.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Maybe the victims (better?) could get together and vote. Then they'd issue him a certificate, and everyone could just shut the fuck up.
I laughed because we both know the victims could go on TV, say they weren't really offended and they fully support him resuming his career and people would shit on them or say they're victims and don't know what they're saying.
I feel like viewpoints need to have context. Like "2% of idiots on twitter are condemning the victims for saying Louis CK can get back on with his life"... then they could be ignored like they deserve.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I feel like viewpoints need to have context.
They do, but it's usually a long term waiting game.

Let's see if his career comes back. If it does, the Twitter folks were wrong. If it doesn't, they're the majority.
Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

Why are people who were assaulted 'survivors'? Were their lives in danger? Did they almost die? Violent rape situation, sure. They survived. A doc who was handsy or someone jerked off in front of you. . .not a survivor. You are a victim.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Why are people who were assaulted 'survivors'? Were their lives in danger? Did they almost die? Violent rape situation, sure. They survived. A doc who was handsy or someone jerked off in front of you. . .not a survivor. You are a victim.
I mean, technically, that person survived that event. I survived eating breakfast... But I get your point.
Vince

Sex Scandals

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:I survived eating breakfast... But I get your point.
Depending on the breakfast, that might be something.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:I survived eating breakfast... But I get your point.
Depending on the breakfast, that might be something.
bacon + eggs, every day. So depends on what the health people are saying now.
Vince

Sex Scandals

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »