Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

That was his house of cards character. Is this his way of saying his character is coming back? I stopped watching the show when it became WAY over the top with the story.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

I honestly have no clue what he's trying to say, I cannot tell if it's all about his character, allusions to real life, or what.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Sex Scandals

Post by Cakedaddy »

Rereading the title of the video "Let me be Frank". Is he actually asking for his job back? Appealing to the people who watched the show and liked his character. Trying to get them to rally and petition for his return?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Rereading the title of the video "Let me be Frank". Is he actually asking for his job back? Appealing to the people who watched the show and liked his character. Trying to get them to rally and petition for his return?
At face value, that certainly seems to be his message.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Disney exec who was ousted due to sexual harassment allegations finds a new job.

And, of course, women are livid that he has a new job.

Listen, I get what he did was wrong, but should he never be employed again? What EXACTLY do you want his punishment to be?

They mention that Skydance should have hired "underrepresented people" for the job. You mean "not white males", right? Because you've seen all their resumes and know the business well enough to declare there are good candidates out there? Better than a guy who lead "THE" animation studio since forever?

Not defending the guy's actions, but actual discussions need to take place regarding proper punishments and replacing people with QUALIFIED candidates, and how that doesn't necessarily mean a change in skin tone or genitalia.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by GORDON »

They want ritual suicide. Nothing less.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

I mean, show me where that statement is wrong.

They want the person to never find employment again. They want them to be non-productive members of society.

Let's not even talk about the fate of anyone they support.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

The Bryan Singer article has finally come out.

Lots of pedo stuff.

This should be a career ender.
GORDON
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by GORDON »

Protected for so long by other Hollywood pedos.

Power and money, using the young and vulnerable.

It's The Circle.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The Bryan Singer article has finally come out.

Lots of pedo stuff.

This should be a career ender.
I can't believe Data was such a monster.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Protected for so long by other Hollywood pedos.

It's The Circle.
Ha! I, literally, just came here to tell you there's lots of material in this article about how these predators function as a group.
GORDON
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: Protected for so long by other Hollywood pedos.

It's The Circle.
Ha! I, literally, just came here to tell you there's lots of material in this article about how these predators function as a group.
There are way too many times for the last couple years.... something fucked up hits the news, and I want to point and say SEE? NOT FAR FETCHED AT ALL.

Those women imprisoned in Cleveland for years escaped right after my beta readers were looking at the first draft of book 1. That girl in WI (MN?) who recently escaped the sex dungeon. Stories about wide-spread sex trafficking in Michigan, "hundreds" of underage girls, rescued. "The Circle" happens every day, all day, all over the world.

But it makes people "uncomfortable," no one wants to know how these girls get sucked into these prisons, so their stories probably won't be told. But I tried. :) Conscience clear.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

This is sex scandal adjacent, and explains why a lot of this behavior exists:
Big time liberal Alan Alda gives an interview.

Here's the cringy part:
Some actors like Mira Sorvino and Colin Firth have expressed regret about working with Woody Allen. How do you feel about it?

I'd work with him again if he wanted me. I'm not qualified to judge him. I don't know all the facts. I don't know if he's guilty or innocent. But you can be uncertain — that's what I go on. I just don't have enough information to convince me I shouldn't work with him. And he's an enormously talented guy.
I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but Allen's marriage to his adopted daughter, the accusations from others, his NY Times OpEd from the 70s that described women as a subspecies and property, etc. all point to someone a sane person would want to avoid.

I made sure to point out Alda's political leanings because of the next question and answer:
You played a Republican presidential candidate in The West Wing and a Republican senator in The Aviator. Why are you always playing Republicans? Typecasting?

(Laughs.) The funny thing about playing the guy on The West Wing is how many people have asked me if it was hard to do: "Is it hard playing a Republican?" Nobody has ever asked me that question about playing a mass murderer.
Kind of shows you where the mind set is of people in his life/circles. Pedos/serial killers>Republicans.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

339 arrests in Cali involving sex trafficking. (Including kids, of course.)

Shouldn't the death penalty be on the table for sex traffickers?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 339 arrests in Cali involving sex trafficking. (Including kids, of course.)

Shouldn't the death penalty be on the table for sex traffickers?
Some of the victims found by law enforcement were as young as 13 while other cases involved children as young as 6
Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by TheCatt »

Nuns abused by Catholic priests
Pope Francis has admitted that clerics have sexually abused nuns, and in one case they were kept as sex slaves.

He said in that case his predecessor, Pope Benedict, was forced to shut down an entire congregation of nuns who were being abused by priests.

He said the Church was attempting to address the problem but said it was "still going on".
"Pope Benedict had the courage to dissolve a female congregation which was at a certain level, because this slavery of women had entered it - slavery, even to the point of sexual slavery - on the part of clerics or the founder."

Alessandro Gisotti of the Vatican press office later told CBS News that the order in question had been based in France.

Pope Francis said sexual abuse of nuns was an ongoing problem but happened largely in "certain congregations, predominantly new ones".

Last November, the Catholic Church's global organisation for nuns denounced the "culture of silence and secrecy" that prevented them from speaking out.

Just days ago the Vatican's women's magazine, Women Church World, condemned the abuse, saying in some cases nuns were forced to abort priests' children - something Catholicism forbids.

The magazine said the #MeToo movement meant more women were now coming forward with their stories.
Vince

Sex Scandals

Post by Vince »

Catholic church has gone soft. The nuns from 75 years ago often held the priests in a state of fear. They were God's Marine Corps.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »