Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

But much, MUCH closer to the version of the casting agents.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Harvey Weinstein

Post by thibodeaux »

These stories keep coming. Now there's a journalist guy:
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/ ... uct-244120

Some of these...I dunno. It almost sounds like the Satanic hysteria we had back in the 80s. I'm sure the guy was probably a creep but jeez.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Kevin Spacey accused and outed.

What Kevin Spacey hopes people are saying right now:
"Fuck that guy who outed Spacey. But good for Spacey to come out and admit it. Now he can move on!"

What people should be saying:
"He tried to fuck a 14 year old? Gay or straight, that's NOT ok."

According to the article, Wanda Sykes called him out on it exactly what I'm pointing out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

The latter has been the post-media twitter response. That being said, we don't know he tried to F the guy. All we know is he tried to make out with him, and that didn't even work.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

It's sexual assault of a minor even without penetration.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: It's sexual assault of a minor even without penetration.
Yes. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I suspect he'll be given a pass. Roman Polanski was given a pass and he wasn't even gay. Gay gives him points. They gay community should be raising hell. They have enough of an image problem with people equating "gay" with "pedophile".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
Yes. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I suspect he'll be given a pass. Roman Polanski was given a pass and he wasn't even gay. Gay gives him points. They gay community should be raising hell. They have enough of an image problem with people equating "gay" with "pedophile".
Dan Savage already did give him some hell.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

It's a long way from drugging and raping an underage person. And it was literally 32 years ago. Yes it's bad, yes he shouldn't have done it, etc, etc... but unless a pattern of this behavior shows up, I just don't see it as that outrageous.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Netflix does. House of Cards is over.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Netflix does. House of Cards is over.
Eh,
The decision to end the show and the allegations facing Spacey were "two separate things," according to the source.
Although, this has reminded me that I forgot to watch Season 5...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
The apology was followed by Spacey coming out as gay, drawing swift backlash from members of the LGBT community and president and CEO of GLAAD, Sarah Kate Ellis, for conflating homosexuality with pedophilia.

“Coming out stories should not be used to deflect from allegations of sexual assault,” Ellis said on Twitter. “This isn't a coming out story about Spacey, but a story of survivorship by Anthony Rapp & those who speak out about unwanted sexual advances.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

They really should refer to him by his official title, "Academy Award Winning Kevin Spacey."
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The decision to end the show and the allegations facing Spacey were "two separate things," according to the source.
I believe that. Networks routinely cancel one of their most popular franchises at the same time its lead actor faces a scandal because of "other factors".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

I think you are out of touch on its popularity
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

I get bugged all the time by just about everyone I know about watching it. I've never seen a single season.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I get bugged all the time by just about everyone I know about watching it. I've never seen a single season.
first two seasons, ill buy that. Maybe even the 2and two, kinda. But season 5 is the beginning of the end.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: But season 5 is the beginning of the end.
Depends on the show.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: But season 5 is the beginning of the end.
Depends on the show.
House of Cards, explicitly still talking about House of Cards here.
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote:
Dan Savage already did give him some hell.
I'm glad the LGBT community is ostracizing him for this. That being said, I find Dan Savage as the least likable gay person I've ever seen anywhere in the history of the gay.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: I get bugged all the time by just about everyone I know about watching it. I've never seen a single season.
Same