Are we fucked?

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Some Muslim just blew up a church! "You can't judge all Muslims by the actions of one."
Some white guy just drove his car into a crowd. "Fucking crackers!"

(Ok, I'm having a bit of fun now...)
You keed, but this is a valid point. I remember thinking the other day, "Finally, another white terrorist to bring up alongside Timothy McVeigh."

A hundred muslim bombers every year, nothing, islam is a religion of peace. A white guy runs someone over, all white people are racist and my facebook is again flooded with, "I am scared to death of the secret white racist that runs HR and doesn't hire minorities... i lose sleep over the white, racist doctor who mistreats patients of color." Good lord. People who would never post that shit over a minority, but white peeps are fair game in the name of tolerance.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: You keed, but this is a valid point. I remember thinking the other day, "Finally, another white terrorist to bring up alongside Timothy McVeigh."

A hundred muslim bombers every year, nothing, islam is a religion of peace. A white guy runs someone over, all white people are racist and my facebook is again flooded with, "I am scared to death of the secret white racist that runs HR and doesn't hire minorities... i lose sleep over the white, racist doctor who mistreats patients of color." Good lord. People who would never post that shit over a minority, but white peeps are fair game in the name of tolerance.
That's because racism and discrimination against white people doesn't earn you public outrage or get you fired from your job. Hell, affirmative action is technically legal discrimination against white people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by GORDON »

SO, to answer the thread title, yes, we are fucked.

Tomorrow all the statues will be gone and the government will still be fucking people over while the media keeps people split.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: will still be fucking poor people over
Fixed.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Fixed.
Who do you consider "poor"?

Are you implying the middle class doesn't constantly get fucked?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Fixed.
Who do you consider "poor"?

Are you implying the middle class doesn't constantly get fucked?
By poor, I guess i really mean "not rich"
Leisher
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: You keed, but this is a valid point. I remember thinking the other day, "Finally, another white terrorist to bring up alongside Timothy McVeigh."

That's because racism and discrimination against white people doesn't earn you public outrage or get you fired from your job. Hell, affirmative action is technically legal discrimination against white people.
From this article about the steroid use era and players breaking former records now.
He admitted he’s “at a crossroads” in an internal debate over what to think about all this. If PED users like Bonds, McGwire and Sosa need an asterisk by their name, he said, so does Babe Ruth since he only faced white pitchers.
Yep, that's blatant racism. He didn't mean it in a malicious way, but here's the player saying it, and the author presenting it as acceptable fact.

Let's ignore the fact that Babe Ruth played when players were hardly athletes. They smoke and drank, etc. Let's ignore that they didn't do "rest days" and would routinely pitch entire games and then some. Nope, let's just say the color of their skin makes them worse and that's ok because fuck whitey.
Vince

Are we fucked?

Post by Vince »

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by TheCatt »

They can come for Washington and Jefferson over my dead body. And relocate the Lee statues, but don't rename the university.
He wrote to the trustees that he believed, "it is the duty of every citizen, in the present condition of the Country, to do all in his power to aid in the restoration of peace and harmony."
Lee's personal involvement with many of his students reflected his desire to create a new generation of Americans. In response to the bitterness of a Confederate widow, Lee wrote, "Dismiss from your mind all sectional feeling, and bring [your children] up to be Americans."
There's a sentiment we could use today.
Leisher
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: There's a sentiment we could use today.
Word.
GORDON
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by GORDON »

Someone asked "why do white nationalists think they way they do? and came up with apossible solution:
"You are a white man. Check your privilege. Stay in your lane. You will never understand black people's lives or experiences. You're all about whiteness, that's how you're conditioned." -- SJWs
"I am a white man. What a privilege. I'm going to stay in my lane. I will never understand black people. I'm all about whiteness, it's how I'm conditioned." -- White Nationalists
Vince

Are we fucked?

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: They can come for Washington and Jefferson over my dead body. And relocate the Lee statues, but don't rename the university.
Agreed. I stated I was for leaving the fate of the statues with the local government, and I'm all for the cities having them relocated to private property for a privately funded park. If I were a black man, I'd probably feel the same way about my tax dollars funding the upkeep of these statues the way I feel about Planned Parenthood getting my tax dollars as someone that's pro-life.

The left seems to be bound and determined to keep Trump in office by just creating spite in everyone else. If they'd stopped at "There were NOT good people on both sides" and just taken the win, they'd have probably been okay. But they started talking about Washington and Jefferson being the same as Lee and tearing down statues on their own (including vandalizing a statue of Lincoln and a Unity statue in GA) and comparing the Communist/Anarchist Antifa to the US servicemen that fought in WWII.

Shockingly, Trumps job approval rating went up last week. Every time the Republicans do something stupid (often) and I think they're done as a party, the liberals scoff and say, "hold my beer".
Vince

Are we fucked?

Post by Vince »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by TheCatt »

I've never heard of Mediaite before, so I googled the news in that article. OMG wtf?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 592458001/

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/0 ... ottesville

Btw, just heard the phrase MSESPN for the first time... so glad to learn what that is.
Vince

Are we fucked?

Post by Vince »

Mediaite is a site that follows the media's coverage of stories more than the stories themselves. They have left and right contributors. They are all pretty second rate as political pundits, but the stories subjects they are covering are generally accurate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by Leisher »

In case you were wondering, here's the Robert Lee ESPN pulled:
GORDON
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by GORDON »

I said once before that "The inmates are not yet running the asylum, but they are now putting out the newsletter."

I think they are taking over the asylum.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: In case you were wondering, here's the Robert Lee ESPN pulled:
Yeah, I didn't want to spoil the surprise :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by Leisher »

CNN says everything is the white man's fault, racist or not.
Ball once wrote that "unconsciously or inadvertently, all of us white folks participate in forms of supremacist thought and activity."
The angry white men in Charlottesville were just being open about their white supremacy.
There's a reason CNN doesn't allow comments. It's because racist propaganda like this would be utterly destroyed.

But hey, let's say this article is 100% correct. Then can't someone write another claiming black people need to stop blaming everyone else for any hardships they face? How they need to stop blaming whitey when their own culture embraces crime, violence, sports over education, fathering children but not raising them, etc.? Don't believe me and think I'm being racist? Feel free to check out any movie, TV show, stand up, or music created by black people.

This is what black leaders, actual leaders not media whores like Sharpton and Jackson, have been preaching forever.

Or should I just accept that black people hold no responsibility for their failings? It's all whitey's fault?

And what about white flight? The article implies the reason whitey moves away when black or brown people move in is because they're racist. That blaming the white man and assuming his motives is racist.

What if it's simply a natural progression of people at one economic level being able to move at the same time people in the level below them (and strictly speaking economically) also being able to move. If black people are moving in, it's because a house is available. Did those people move because they knew someday black people would live their and their racism forced them to move?

What if they're moving because their kids are now out of school and they no longer need to be in that neighborhood? What if they're retiring elsewhere?

Would you move if, statistically speaking, your new neighbors represented an increase in crime rates and a drop in property values?

I'd buy this bullshit a lot more if every fucking neighborhood I go to wasn't a mix of ethnicities and races.

As a cop told me regarding an apartment complex in a lily white part of town where in X number of years the police were called once, but now visit nightly. "It's not the people who move. They want to escape the bullshit. It's the relationships they maintain to their old neighborhoods. That's where the trouble comes from. It's also not exclusive to any race."

When I first moved into my current home about 3 weeks later my neighbor's shed was broken into. His shed sits next to the street and not in a fenced off yard. He suggested to me that me or my friends did it. "I've lived here for 20 years and this never happened until you moved in." He moved within the year. He was white and elderly. I'm white and young. That break in was pure coincidence, and for all I know he left his shed unlocked (we're pretty sure he did). Yet he blamed me and moved. Did his ageism make him move? (In reality he moved because he and his wife retired and wanted to move to Florida. Ditto for the folks we bought our house from.)

Racism is not going to be solved by finger pointing. Anyone with a shred of intelligence and/or common sense should know this to be truth.

Clean up your own yard and treat people with respect. How fucking hard is that?
GORDON
Site Admin

Are we fucked?

Post by GORDON »

ESPN seems to be off.the rails, but is anyone here going to stop consuming their product?