Puerto Rico

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by GORDON »

You'd think they'd have protested when the governor couldn't get the power back on for six months.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Puerto Rico

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: How many people on the left do you think are thinking "we should do this here!"?
They are. It's called Twitter ;-)
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

Governor will resign today.

Journalists given credit for exposing corruption.

Listen, I'm sure they did great work, but if the people of Puerto Rico couldn't figure out how corrupt shit was...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

Another storm bearing down.

I'm sure this will end well.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Another storm bearing down.

I'm sure this will end well.
Lot of rain, but not super strong. One of the models has it coming to my state. But lots of time between then and now.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

Puerto Rico avoided getting hit by the worst stuff, but America's wang looks to get drilled.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Puerto Rico avoided getting hit by the worst stuff, but America's wang looks to get drilled.
American Model says Jacksonville; European model says Miami. That's a big difference.

Also, now forecast to be a Cat 4, not 3
The hurricane is forecast to increase significantly in not only strength but also in size as it approaches the Southeastern US, becoming a Category 4 storm before it makes landfall in Florida.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Puerto Rico avoided getting hit by the worst stuff, but America's wang looks to get drilled.
Latest models look terrifying

Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

Turning to the Carolinas now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

It's a cat 4/5, right over the Bahamas right? I've heard very little about them getting hit.

Most of the models seem to have it skirting the eastern seaboard from FL to NC then going off to sea.
thibodeaux

Puerto Rico

Post by thibodeaux »

I think it's a big enough storm that it doesn't need to make landfall to cause some serious damage all up the east coast from Miami to Virginia Beach. :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: I think it's a big enough storm that it doesn't need to make landfall to cause some serious damage all up the east coast from Miami to Virginia Beach. :(
Friends at the beach say it's been causing rip currents in NC already this weekend.
GORDON
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by GORDON »

I welcome the challenge of a rip current.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

With the storm surge, my friend who lives on the east coast of FL is about 1 foot from flooding in their neighborhood.
GORDON
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by GORDON »

I'm approx 20 feet above Lake Erie (guess). I sometimes daydream about how cool it would be to be a quarter mile from the surf, instead of three miles.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

That explains your environmental stance
GORDON
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by GORDON »

What, do way more than the average person to reduce my own carbon footprint while simultaneously educating the.general public on ways they can do the same, but not deluding myself into thinking it will actually change anything?

That stance?

Today's aquarium show to teach the kids what they can do to help protect coral.reefs.was possibly my best one yet, btw.
Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

School's canceled tomorrow for a storm that's 400 miles away and will be causing some moderate rain + wind here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

They have to do that because if the slightest thing went wrong people would sue.