Puerto Rico

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They have to do that because if the slightest thing went wrong people would sue.
Here's the weather forecast
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, it's insanity. Welcome to our reality.

Constant frivolous lawsuits, media hyperbole, public crucifixions on social media, and general pussification has gotten us to this point.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Puerto Rico

Post by thibodeaux »

Lawsuits could be an issue, but our county had a semi-calamity in winter about 15 years ago where they did NOT cancel school, then the weather turned nasty, and they cancelled school at noon, packed all the kids on the bus....and the roads froze snarling traffic and stranding the busloads of children and commuters on the road for hours.
thibodeaux

Puerto Rico

Post by thibodeaux »

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I'm sure you Yankees will get a kick out of our struggles with winter weather. After all, we're a meme:
https://www.google.com/search?q=raleigh ... =isch&sa=X

But anyway. This was The Happening that has, IMO, caused our schools to be EXTREMELY fast to cancel school:
https://projects.ncsu.edu/atmos_collabo ... /20050119/

It wasn't even really that there was a lot of snow: "Nearly an inch of snow accumulated in the city of Raleigh, while a few counties north and east of the city received two inches...The vast majority of locations that experienced snow received only a dusting to a half of an inch of accumulation."

The result:
it should come with no surprise that there were so many early releases of schools and businesses during the early afternoon of Wednesday on January 19th. What was a surprise is how quickly and efficiently a light coating of snow on roads became so icy and slick. The mass exodus of many vehicles at nearly the same time clogged the primary roads. Road surface temperatures were too cold to promote melting. Instead, the snail paced traffic compressed the light snow while the heat from vehicular exhausts produce a slight melting effect. The combination of compression and slight melting changed the snow to an icy composition which the cold air temperatures maintained. Numerous accidents on the now slick roads prevented highway crews from spreading salt and sand on the gridlock primary roads. Many school buses were unable to make their rounds, while parents stuck in traffic were unable to get to the schools. What is normally a commuting trip consisting of just tens of minutes turned into an eight hour ordeal.
GORDON
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by GORDON »

.... I'm not sure if that excuses anything.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Puerto Rico

Post by thibodeaux »

I'm just giving facts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: .... I'm not sure if that excuses anything.
It doesn't. Everyone knew that storm was coming, and they made a terrible decision. Now, they've way overcorrected, and fuck us every year
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

Cancelled tomorrow as well, this is insanity.

Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

The just cancelled for the long weekend.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by Leisher »

Hey remember how Trump wasn't getting aid to Puerto Rico?

Entire warehouse full of supplies found in Puerto Rico.

Make your own decision as to why a warehouse full of supplies would sit unused while people died in need of them. PR's governor fired the person who was in charge of them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Puerto Rico

Post by GORDON »

REMEMBER WHEN HE PHOTO OP'D DISTRIBUTING PAPER TOWELS TO PEOPL EIN THE BACK OF THE ROOM BY TOSSING THEM, PROVING HE'S A PIECE OF SHIT???
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."