Alex Jones

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I don't like the idea of any viewpoint being squashed, but I'm against government stepping in and telling them they have to give Jones a platform the same way I'm against the government stepping in and telling a Christian baker he has to make a gay cake.

But mostly I don't like the press trying to paint this guy as a conservative. He's just a wack-a-doodle. He was one of the first 9/11 truthers.
This, more or less.

It isn't a viewpoint being 'censored,' it's insanity.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Alex Jones

Post by Vince »

I would like these companies to be pinned down on exactly what rule he broke to be banned from their platform. And it's completely in bounds to beat the hell out of them if they are shown to be inconsistent in their application.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

I still don't really know who he is besides Troy being a huge fan.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Alex Jones

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

That David Burge guy makes a solid point.

CNN is on TVs in public places across the U.S.

I don't think Info Wars is? I mean, I travel and I had no clue who the hell that guy was/is.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That David Burge guy makes a solid point.

CNN is on TVs in public places across the U.S.

I don't think Info Wars is? I mean, I travel and I had no clue who the hell that guy was/is.
If you're equating InfoWars + CNN, then problem might be you.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by GORDON »

Um, he wasn't.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

Not even a little bit. The point was exposure, and also a statement about bias.

Any PR person will tell you that the exposure Alex Jones and Infowars is getting right now is FAR more than they would get just existing. Kind of the opposite point of those trying to silence them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by GORDON »

I've had the exact same experience. Not only did his idiocy never find it's way to.me, I didn't know he existed until a liberal made.me aware of.him. and I still didn't believe he existed for like a year after that.

They're his best word of.mouth.

But better ban him. He's upsetting the liberals like a Nazi.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Remember when that guy shot a guy cuz of stuff Alex Jones promoted?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... -pizzagate
GORDON
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by GORDON »

Remember how a you tube video caused Benghazi?
Vince

Alex Jones

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Remember when that guy shot a guy cuz of stuff Alex Jones promoted?

Who got shot? I missed that part.

Also, Reddit started the pizzagate thing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Remember when that guy shot a guy cuz of stuff Alex Jones promoted?

Who got shot? I missed that part.

Also, Reddit started the pizzagate thing.
Ah, he's a terrible shot: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/22/us/p ... tence.html
Vince

Alex Jones

Post by Vince »

Oddly enough, when a radical leftist goes on a shooting spree and tries to kill roughly 30% of the Republicans in congress, the press wasn't nearly this reflective about outlandish rhetoric and what sort of hate it generates. If anything, they've doubled down on it. So while I agree that Alex Jones is a complete idiot as I would categorize anyone that takes him seriously, I find all this need for a fainting couch from the left a bit disingenuous.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by GORDON »

Remember when Gabby Gifford's got shot because Sarah Palin used target reticles on a campaign poster to illustrate battleground states?
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

That reminds me, I've been thinking a lot lately about the theory that people on the extreme left are trying to normalize pedos. I completely believe it, I mean, look at what people try to normalize, why not that? Anyway, I think that's where the line will finally be crossed and violence will break out.

I honestly didn't pay much attention to PizzaGate, but why didn't the left wing MSM question Clinton on the Lolita Express, which he rode 26 times? I mean, other outlets reported the shit out of it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That reminds me, I've been thinking a lot lately about the theory that people on the extreme left are trying to normalize pedos. I completely believe it, I mean, look at what people try to normalize, why not that?
I give up.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by GORDON »

I hope you give up on thinking the left isn't way more evil.than the right.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: That reminds me, I've been thinking a lot lately about the theory that people on the extreme left are trying to normalize pedos. I completely believe it, I mean, look at what people try to normalize, why not that?
I give up.
I honestly have no idea what you're giving up on.
Vince

Alex Jones

Post by Vince »

I saw a tweet from @jack on Twitter. He said people were asking why he hadn't jumped on the "ban Alex Jones" bandwagon. He said it was because on Twitter he hasn't broken any of the rules. The left went ape shit on him. They are completely unfazed by reason or rational thought. And Twitter is the organization that shadowbans conservatives. Which that news might be why he's willing to stand on this hill.