Alex Jones

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Leisher's all like "duh, all the right winger's have heard of him, he comes pre-printed on the card"
I didn't say "all" right wingers have heard of him. You said he, this Alex Jones guy, had a lot of Trump followers in his audience. I just pointed out that some right wing nutjob probably has a right wing audience.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Alex Jones

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote: Saying the left is responsible for Alex's poster boy status just doesn't make any sense. It totally disregards the very real following he has.
I'd largely agree with this. For far too long, Drudge has been pushing Infowars stories. Back when I still went to Drudge, I would click a story link with an intriguing tag and then it'd bring up Infowars and I'd think, "Well crap" and move on.

Alex Jones has too many people claiming to be conservatives following him. Too many conservatives that don't follow him a) don't want to speak ill of someone supposedly on "their side" or b) think if he pisses off liberals, that's reason enough to defend him.

On the side of the left, they would like the Alex Jones listener to be the face of anyone that voted for Trump.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

Alex Jones

Post by Troy »

Reddit dug up this gem.

This is old, but worth posting. Alex showing the efficacy of a supplement he hocks. Look at those gains. Mainly in shades of red.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

I recently downloaded some fitness guy's apps (Adrian James) and came here thinking you were taking about him. That's how little this Alex Jones dude has existed in my world until you've introduced me to him.

As for the pictures, aside from the red paint, he's ever so slightly in better shape? Maybe? Not sure how he thinks that's a good advertisement for 45 days worth of anything. Unless his product is meant to maintain your current body?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Alex Jones

Post by Troy »

Copy pasting an iMessage thread I just sent my wife about the weirdest goddamn dream I’ve had in a long time.

I just had the most insane dream
Alex Jones from infowars was a teacher in class I was taking
He was bullying me and other students about our grades
I stood up to him for some reason, tried to rally the students against him
And after a series of mishaps
He and one of his cronies tracked me to a mall parking lot
And lured me to their car with test results from our final
They pulled guns on me, Alex’s gun was some weird old school flintlock
I refused to get in their car
Because I saw a police officer walking up
So they shot at me and sped off
The cop shot at them, injuring Alex, killing his buddy
I got hit by the flintlock tho
You were driving me to the hospital when I woke up, I was in the backseat, bleeding from a stomach wound and getting faint
The news on the radio was just breaking the story
WHAT THE FUCK
GORDON
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by GORDON »

That reminds me.

I.finally saw a reference to "Infowars.com" out side of this.forum, in Florida. It was a bumper sticker on a car. I thought of you, Troy, and was glad it wasn't just a product of a fever dream you had once ;)
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Second Civil War coming tomorrow

Although, with the Marvel thing, isn't it the 3rd?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

Is he serious or joking?

Again, who the fuck is this guy?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Is he serious or joking?

Right-wing nutjob.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Is he serious or joking?

Right-wing nutjob.
If people take him seriously, no wonder Troy hates him so much.

There's clickbait and there's intentionally trying to incite panic among the stupid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If people take him seriously, no wonder Troy hates him so much.
Some # of people definitely take him seriously. But I don't know what #s that is. He gets about 3M unique visitors to the website according to traffic information.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

I hope 2 million of that are clicks by sane people just to see what this nut is doing.
Troy

Alex Jones

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: I hope 2 million of that are clicks by sane people just to see what this nut is doing.
Remaining 1M is me hitting F5 and frothing at the mouth.
Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

No, but seriously, why have I not heard of this guy before? He's either insane or clearly a genius.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He's either insane or clearly a genius.
He made some claim that his persona is a character, at least to some extent... but I have no idea, I don't drool over him like Troy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by GORDON »

I.think he's just making money off clicks from morons, both those who believe him, and those who don't.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Alex Jones

Post by Vince »

Some of the second civil war tweets were hilarious.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Alex Jones

Post by Leisher »

Hooray for censorship! Especially when only one viewpoint is being censored. Nothing but good things will come of this. For example: The same day FB wants to know if you're cool with Pedos...
Vince

Alex Jones

Post by Vince »

I don't like the idea of any viewpoint being squashed, but I'm against government stepping in and telling them they have to give Jones a platform the same way I'm against the government stepping in and telling a Christian baker he has to make a gay cake.

But mostly I don't like the press trying to paint this guy as a conservative. He's just a wack-a-doodle. He was one of the first 9/11 truthers.