The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

The villain of this school shooting has somehow turned into the NRA.

Number of NRA members involved in mass shootings to date? Zero.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Father of kid is saying he edited the emails that resulted in CNN being accused of scripting that town hall.

I wonder if CNN will be offering an apology to the other news outlets after blasting them for making stuff up?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Father of kid is saying he edited the emails that resulted in CNN being accused of scripting that town hall.

I wonder if CNN will be offering an apology to the other news outlets after blasting them for making stuff up?
News reporters run fake news, don't verify the source, and you still blame CNN? CNN owes no apology. The other news organizations have editors for a reason, to check facts before running with them, and they failed. They could have said "Hey CNN, this email looks like yall scripted this shit, did you?" And CNN could have said "WTF? This is the real email here"

But they didn't, they failed. They should have fact-checked the father.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Father of kid is saying he edited the emails that resulted in CNN being accused of scripting that town hall.

News reporters run fake news, don't verify the source, and you still blame CNN? CNN owes no apology. The other news organizations have editors for a reason, to check facts before running with them, and they failed. They could have said "Hey CNN, this email looks like yall scripted this shit, did you?" And CNN could have said "WTF? This is the real email here"

But they didn't, they failed. They should have fact-checked the father.
That's a fair point.

And I would respond with why didn't CNN say that instead of making accusations about smear campaigns and whatnot. They had the original emails. They could have seen what the guy did, and instead of accusing the others of doing it, speculate what the guy had done.

So shitty jobs all around.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Fox news analyst quits and bashes the network as having lost its way.

He makes solid points. Of course, the left leaning outlets (the rest of them) are finger banging themselves over this news.

I don't begrudge Fox News for embracing their base. CNN has, and MSNBC certainly has gone as far left as Fox has lately. It's a business.

However, they shouldn't be out there claiming to be fair and unbiased while moving farther right.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:However, they shouldn't be out there claiming to be fair and unbiased while moving farther right.
It wouldn't bother me if they were moving farther right. They just mostly seem to be moving further Trump.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Malaysia slaps a 10 year jail term on fake news.

I cannot tell you how much I would love it if Trump copied this policy. Simply to watch people lose their minds.

The media outcry would be enormous. He could say "If you're all telling the truth, why worry?"
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Malaysia slaps a 10 year jail term on fake news.

I cannot tell you how much I would love it if Trump copied this policy. Simply to watch people lose their minds.

The media outcry would be enormous. He could say "If you're all telling the truth, why worry?"
I would use their anti-2nd amendment arguments back against them. "We're only looking for common sense regulations on the press. Rights aren't without limits. You can't yell 'Fire!' in a crowded theater."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Left wing MSM outlets are blasting Sinclair Media for making anchors at their stations read a scripted statement.

Here's the statement:
“The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.”

“Some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias.”

“This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.”
I'll admit, I don't understand why that's pro-Trump, which is what people are saying. Is it because he's always spouting off about fake news? I am aware Sinclair is pro-right wing.

However, is that statement not, in fact, the truth? Fox is biased right and CNN/MSNBC/etc. are biased left. ALL have been caught pushing bullshit as news.

Is this just a case of one side attacking the other just because they dare do anything?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

The statement itself is relatively innocuous, at first parsing.

I think the issue is these people (Sinclair) own 193 TV stations. The idea that they can control these news outlets, and force them to read this (or anything else?) epitomizes a risk with regards to news sources, their independence, etc.
Sinclair regularly sends video segments to the stations it owns. These are referred to as “must-runs,” and they can include content like terrorism news updates, commentators speaking in support of President Trump or speeches from company executives like the one from Mr. Livingston last year.
Sinclair has been accused of using connections in the Trump administration to ease regulations on media consolidation. In an effort to expand its reach, the company is seeking approval from the Justice Department and the Federal Communications Commission for its $3.9 billion deal to buy Tribune Media.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

John Oliver comes out against it. Ditto for Kimmel.

The more these people rant and scream, the more I think maybe the Sinclair warning wasn't strong enough.

Think about it. The message we're being fed is: Right wing outlets lie and they're the ones with the fake news. All other outlets are legit and saying anything even questioning their validity is dangerous, pro-Trump, and fake news.

If John Oliver ever criticized the left, perhaps I'd give his word more weight, but he doesn't. He's no Jon Stewart who, while left leaning, called both sides on their bullshit.

This just seems to be socially acceptable bullying. Constantly scream, rant, and mock one side until all their supporters are fearful of even admitting they're supporters lest they also be mocked.

Here's a Dem pulling ads from Sinclair stations and calling for a boycott.

WHY? Where in the fuck is the thing I should be outraged about? They simply had their stations read a generic warning about fake news. They didn't indicate left or right leaning stuff.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Apparently it's only dangerous to democracy when Trump attacks press outlets.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Hannity has a link to Cohen.

The left side of the MSM is really jumping on this, particularly the late night hosts, which is telling in and of itself. End of the day, Hannity should have said he was also a client of the lawyer whenever reporting on it. However, all of the other people are pots calling the kettle black.

It honestly reeks of when you catch your child doing something wrong and they say, "Well, Jimmy does it too!"

Fuck 'em all.
Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

I’m still incredulous about the whole thing.

If it happened in a movie or something you’d ding the movie for realism points. Leia and Luke are related? It’s water that kills the aliens the whole time? The call is coming from INSIDE the house? Naaa that couldn’t happen, nice try Hollywood.
Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

Cohen appears to specialize in paying off mistresses. He's only got three real clients. Hannity is one of them. Hannity says they only talked about "real estate" and has given some conflicting information in the span of 2 hours worth of communication yesterday about the services Cohen provided him.

So... Hannity had an affair and bought someone a house to cover it up, huh?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

From our local health gym
The UNC Wellness Centers are premier medical fitness facilities dedicated to helping members achieve optimal health in a safe and supportive environment. Achieving optimal health is done not just in the physical space, but the mental space as well.

With this in mind and with you in mind, we have decided to remove all 24-hour news cycle programming from our TV lineup. This programming includes CNN, CNBC, MSNBC and Fox News. Effective May 14th, these stations will no longer be aired in our facilities. Requests to change the TVs to these channels will be discontinued as variable programming will also be removed
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Love that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Love that.
One the one hand, 24 hours news is a wasteland... On the other hand, shouldn't people be able to watch whatever they want?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: On the other hand, shouldn't people be able to watch whatever they want?
They can! Elsewhere.

Gym's rules. Don't like it? Join another gym.

If we're allowed to throw people out of gyms for being too successful at getting in shape, grunting a little too loud, or looking too good, then we can certainly choose what they watch or don't.
Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

We never had TV's at the Wellness gyms when I was coming through. The climbing gym and the one near the The Pitt did not for sure.

Kids these days have everything. Though I agree with their decision on the cable news.