The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: Keep in mind those "pass through" countries aren't giving them free money, education, health care, etc.
We have to stop. I really think there are forces helping this along because they're seeing the destabilization that the massive inflow of immigrants are causing in Europe. We're going to have to start taking some drastic measures to get this under control. If the federal government doesn't get its act together soon, I feel the Bubba Affect is going to kick in, and then things will really get bad.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN hands GOP huge win.

Subtitle talks about how important it is whose party is president.

No mention of how SCOTUS ruled in favor of Dems (by not really ruling) on the censorship question.

This is how you manipulate people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

CNN has been hot garbage for a while. Enemy of truth.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Actual headline on CNN regarding the arrest of Jeffrey Epstein:
Arrest of billionaire with ties to Trump's labor secretary shows the power of journalism
The article.

Trump's labor secretary is barely mentioned. I wonder why they titled it that way? I wonder why they didn't mention that Epstein was a huge Dem supporter or that Clinton often rode on his "Lolita Express"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Trump's labor secretary is barely mentioned. I wonder why they titled it that way? I wonder why they didn't mention that Epstein was a huge Dem supporter or that Clinton often rode on his "Lolita Express"?
Trump's labor secretary is the one who approved the plea bargain, he's been getting shit for it for a while. Too little shit, if you ask me.

That being said, I don't see the headline you mention, just two about Epstein himself, so maybe they decided it was dumb.

Or maybe they just fixed the headline, cuz now it says
Jeffrey Epstein's arrest shows the power of one newspaper's investigation
at both cnbc and the article.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Trump's labor secretary is the one who approved the plea bargain, he's been getting shit for it for a while. Too little shit, if you ask me.
I think he should be immediately removed from office, disbarred, and investigated for corruption.
TheCatt wrote: That being said, I don't see the headline you mention, just two about Epstein himself, so maybe they decided it was dumb.

Or maybe they just fixed the headline, cuz now it says
Very possible. I, literally, copy and pasted it from their site. Perhaps someone with a clue realized they probably don't want to politicize the Epstein story like they are with the World Cup, particularly since Epstein was a Dem donor.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

As we say that, the headline I copied is back on their front page along with another one mentioning him.

No headlines mention Epstein's support of Dems or the 21 rides Clinton took on his Lolita Express.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: As we say that, the headline I copied is back on their front page along with another one mentioning him.

No headlines mention Epstein's support of Dems or the 21 rides Clinton took on his Lolita Express.
Yep, I see it now.

This was from 2 days ago when it happened:
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

The fact so many people still listen to and trust profit-media is what gives me such a low opinion of my countrymen, in general.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: The fact so many people still listen to and trust profit-media is what gives me such a low opinion of my countrymen, in general.
Do you get your news from nature?
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I get my news from nowhere. I don't need a regular drip-feed of people lying to me.

Hell, I'm exposed to more national/global events on here, than anywhere else. At least I know that on here I'm getting it filtered through a thin mesh of critical common sense.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: thin mesh of critical common sense.
I'll take that as a compliment
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

As you should. We argue sometimes, but I still listen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Lol... CNBC:
Prosecutors said Epstein, a former friend of both President Donald Trump and former President Bill Clinton, represented both a serious risk of flight to avoid the charges, and a risk to the public if he is freed on bail.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: The fact so many people still listen to and trust profit-media is what gives me such a low opinion of my countrymen, in general.
This is why while I'm personally a moderate who leans right (mostly just because I think cars need brakes, not more gas pedals), I go to CNN daily for news. I abhor echo chambers and figure going to a left leaning site will help me balance my stance on things.

That's also why I post stuff here. I want to hear what each person here has to say about certain issues. Sometimes it's confirmation for how I feel, sometimes I hear something I didn't think about, etc.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

I'm an ultra conservative and I tend to think everyone is lying to us. I generally discount anything that says, "a source close to [X] says" and look for a couple of substantiating articles on national stories. I also look for what's not being said about a story. Also, local stories tend to be least biased. So when I see a national story trending, I try to find a local outlet that's covering it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Also, local stories tend to be least biased. So when I see a national story trending, I try to find a local outlet that's covering it.
Local outlets tend to read verbatim what the fax or email they received said. I worked in a local news outlet for years. They're a joke unless it's a local story.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: Also, local stories tend to be least biased. So when I see a national story trending, I try to find a local outlet that's covering it.
Local outlets tend to read verbatim what the fax or email they received said. I worked in a local news outlet for years. They're a joke unless it's a local story.
Yeah, but they do local stories way better than national media.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Yeah, but they do local stories way better than national media.
And according to our local news, my son broke his leg that day on the bridge.

I've never seen a local story, that I had knowledge about, get it more than 60% right.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I've never seen a local story, that I had knowledge about, get it more than 60% right.
It's all relative. National news gets about 30% :-).

Great examples are the stories out of Florida about the school shooting. National press had their narrative and had no interest in following up. Epstein was pretty much forgotten in the national press until Florida paper was writing up on it. The Chicago reporters investigating the Jussie Smollet story werre being called racist homophobes by other reporters on Twitter.