The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

The video says that their plan would cover illegal immigrants, when pressed for details in a follow-up
Buttigieg, Bennet and Yang said undocumented immigrants would have the option to buy coverage through a public option, the insurance marketplace, or Medicare for All, respectively.
Vince wrote: There was video
And that is a piece of information. You routinely marks arguments on pieces instead of wholes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

So when Mayor Pete says that it only makes sense to have 11 millions covered in our system, but what if they don't buy into the program... then what? Pete made the case that they're paying taxes. Why even bring that up unless he's about to justify the federal government subsidizing it for illegals? They're lying to you.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: They're lying to you.
Politicians lie?! THE HELL YOU SAY!

(clutches pearls)
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Obama's plan expands existing system

You would think that having been burned once, they would stick to fact checking things that are a little more black and white. Or at least call the claim "indeterminate" as an actual plan has not been proposed as a bill. Politifact continues to carry DNC water.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Obama's plan expands existing system

You would think that having been burned once, they would stick to fact checking things that are a little more black and white. Or at least call the claim "indeterminate" as an actual plan has not been proposed as a bill. Politifact continues to carry DNC water.
At the time he made the statement, it was true. If we go by your standards, nothing about future events is ever true and we can never weigh in on the intent of anything.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

My standard is simply that Politifact is an organ of the DNC.

Here's a truth finding article on Democrats talking about Michael Brown being murdered. Oddly, they seem to have omitted the meter and a ruling on these statements while they "Demsplain" it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I think we're in the midst of another party change, like we had back in the 60s with Civil Rights. Those being left behind by internationalization + technology are moving Republican. It's a weird mix of rich/business + poor. There's a lot of frustration there that I would have thought as natural breeding ground for unions, but they've been unable to capitalize on it, and Trump took it to the bank.
If that's the case, and the left is moving farther left to cover their zealots, who is going to represent the silent majority?

For the record, should illegals get health care? Emergency treatment only.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Whoever can overcome massive social and mainstream media bias.

I still think nothing changes without blood.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

ABC scrambles to figure out identity of Amy Robach leaker, who goes by ‘Ignotus’

The silence by the rest of the media on this is why I refuse to listen to them when they try to pretend to be moral arbiters. If nothing else, Trump finished helping them burn their credibility to the ground. If Trump were smart, he'd be all over this.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

It's an IT guy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: It's an IT guy.
I tend to agree. Why do you think so?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

IT guys have access to everything. <-- The single most misunderstood concept by management to this day.

IT guys typically are on the web all day *cough* and get exposed to a lot of stuff other people don't, like Epstein memes.

IT guys can also get bored, nosey, and so on. "Idle hands" and all that. I was never one to go snooping, but I used to work with a person who would read other people's emails. I did not know that until I had left that company or I would have reported it. (Justin at Boise. He was a slimy little tool.)

Even if you're not a snoop you can stumble upon things when doing official tasks. I stumbled upon a pay stub recently that really pissed me off. (Documented elsewhere) A co-worker stumbled upon a lesbian affair at OAPI when he was reviewing VMs after one of them was fired. (Although, I'm not sure he was supposed to do that?) And so on.

I was an IT guy at a news station and have a copy of something that aired the station tried to cover up. I might have the only copy in existence.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Lesbian affair at OAPI... anyone in IT?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

No, it was some sales ladies.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Ah, wouldn't remember them, then.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Pretty sure the fired one was attractive and the one that was still there was decent.

The most interesting part is that one of them was married.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

I figured it was an IT guy for the reasons you mentioned, plus we tend to bloviate the way he did in his letter :-)
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: plus we tend to bloviate the way he did in his letter
True!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
True!
That's why I get offended when people call me an IT person.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
True!
That's why I get offended when people call me an IT person.
Sometimes it's hard for people to admit their flaws.