The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I can't remember seeing much of anything about gas prices in a long time. Years?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Fox News reporting on CNN's Trump bias during Bush funeral.

just like when CNN does it to Fox, neither is pointing out something incorrectly. However, why do we need the MSM to report on one another? It's a bad look for both.

That being said, Slate writing a negative piece on Bush's dog is about as shitty as "journalism" gets.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That being said, Slate writing a negative piece on Bush's dog is about as shitty as "journalism" gets.
JFC, Grinch.

Also, how did Sully get his name? I'm curious, as our dog is also named Sully. The most common guess (now) is the airplane pilot, followed by the monster from Monsters, Inc. But he's actually named for Anne Sullivan.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: JFC, Grinch.
Right?!
TheCatt wrote: Also, how did Sully get his name?
I'm guessing aviation linked as well. Bush was a pilot. In fact, Bill Burr (of all people) highly recommends Bush's book "Flags of our Fathers" or something like that because of the aviation stories. Burr is NOT a R or D, so that's an unbiased take. I guess the story of being shot down during WWII was harrowing, and Bush was thisclose to being captured, tortured, and killed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN's current main headline is about how Trump is just the worst and ruins Bush's funeral by existing.

He is the worst, but can you please not politicize the funeral of a former president and soldier?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN is exploding this afternoon calling out NC Republicans for cheating in an election.

It's weird how EVERY story in their main section is covering this with opinion pieces being labeled as news, not opinion, yet they didn't do this same type of reporting when Chicago's dead voted, Phily's black panthers were intimidating voters, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

no they're totally unbiased
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

The NYT has an opinion piece that is exactly what everyone needs to hear and adapt.
In holding people accountable for their old views — even ones they realized were wrong and apologized for — we are setting standards that nobody can meet. We cannot expect to make progress if we do not allow people the chance to grow with us.
Meanwhile, CNN is out here quoting the Verge. How "unbiased" can you claim to be, when you quote The Verge?

Later in that mish mash of news pieces...
According to a Daily Beast report
CNN's headline area today is still Trump bashing. I only assume Fox's is Trump defending.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN Headline:
US on list of deadliest countries for journalists
I get why that's the headline, and while technically true, it's a bit misleading.

Actual article.

And here's the blurb on the U.S.:
For the first time, the US joined the list of deadliest countries for journalists in the annual report, with six reporters killed in 2018. Four journalists were murdered in a shooting at the Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland in June, while two journalists were killed in May while covering hazardous weather in North Carolina.
Mother Nature dropped a tree on two of them. Their deaths, while tragic, shouldn't be counted in this list. This list is about journalists being silenced and imprisoned. Is CNN implying Trump caused the storm and intentionally dropped the tree on the reporters?

The other four were from the shooting at the newspaper earlier in the year.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Thought about putting this in the Islam thread, but I think it's more about the MSM and one journalist's issues...

Headline news about a Muslim journalist being misidentified by Vogue.

See, it's happened more than once. Thus, headline news...?
But it puts her life in danger, somehow...?
It's racism...? I guess that never happens to anyone else?

I really don't get why this is front page of CNN news.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

The coverage of the Covington Catholic students will hopefully bring about some serious lawsuits. This has been one of the blackest marks on journalism I think I ever witnessed first hand.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: The coverage of the Covington Catholic students will hopefully bring about some serious lawsuits. This has been one of the blackest marks on journalism I think I ever witnessed first hand.
You mean just another day in the MSM?

Here's what Vince is talking about:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga- ... index.html

You might have missed it because it's not being promoted very heavily. It's been off CNN's front page almost since the moment it was reported.

The MAGA hat wearing teens that were crucified in the MSM were apparently less in the wrong than originally believed. What a shock that the left leaning MSM outlets would immediately run with a one sided video/story and not do more research.

Despite that story now being buried, CNN does want you to know a left leaning priest still thinks the boys are wrong and shits on the MAGA hats. That's front page currently...

Meanwhile, the American Indian "harassed" in the video is being underreported as a frequent news maker at events like this one. I don't have the link anymore, but I know CBS or NBC has pointed out that this isn't the first time he's been in the spotlight for negative reasons.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I saw a screenshot of that on reddit, and didn't know the context. SOmeone was saying, "That teen is in the wrong because he doesn't realize how antagonizing and aggressive a smile can be."

WHich made me lose another notch of respect for "that side."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Serious question:
Remember the recent (2018) news scandal where FOX used Infowars (or something like it) as a legit source of news and then had to back down. Meanwhile all the other news sites blasted the shit out of them, even making their failure front page news on their own sites?

CNN recently (it's linked here somewhere) ran front page stories based upon a Buzzfeed news story that was debunked the same day. Why aren't they facing the same backlash?
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

The school had to cancel classes yesterday due to threats. After throwing gas on things and repeating false reports without even bothering to watch the videos posted by all the different groups that were involved, the press is trying to slink away from this like they had nothing to do with it. Some are even trying to double down. It's really disgusting.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Almost immediately it was pointed out that this kid graduated from a different school. I'm starting to think that a degree in journalism is nothing but 4 years of electives. This should be embarrassing to the press, but I suspect they'll keep on with this idiocy to bankruptcy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Almost immediately it was pointed out that this kid graduated from a different school. I
Yes, in the 2nd paragraph of the article that's right there in the post. The schools are in the same diocese.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

So why is he even asking to speak at the Covington graduation ceremony?
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Here's an exchange between the kids and the Black Hebrew Israelites that was in an earlier section of the longer video that journalists are wishing to pretend doesn't exist...
Ex: Activist: Your President is a homosexual.

Kids: “Who cares?”

Ex: Activists: “You give fagg*ts rights”

Kids: “Whoahhh”

Activist: “The bible condemns homosexuality”

Kids: “They are still humans”
These are the actions of kids that are being associated as homophobes in the above article.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: So why is he even asking to speak at the Covington graduation ceremony?
He wasn't. He was banned from another school in the Covington diocese. Also in the article.