The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised to see you come out so far in favor of this.

https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent- ... index.html
I'll give you this, your troll game is A-Class.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Lol

I think people should be free to choose the life they want, including sex work.

The teen Vogue article isn't "you should b a sex worker," it's "sex work should be legalized and brought out of the shadows."

No issues here
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

I don't disagree with that really. My issue is only that it's in Teen Vogue.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

This is an NBA piece, but I think it belongs here.

ESPN writer thinks the draft should be abolished and players should just pick where they want to play.

For you non-sports folks, ESPN doesn't allow comments, which makes short sighted, ignorant shit like this dangerous. This is a front page article and there is no outlet for any counter point.

The biggest counter being that the people who get fucked in this scenario are the billionaire owners who pay for the teams and the league to exist. But hey, I'm sure they'd be happy continuing to pay billions knowing they'll never get a shot at a superstar, and thus, will struggle to pay their operations costs.

Point being, why would those people buy and/or fund a team if they're guaranteed to never get stars?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Kudos to the CNN web staff who have added a floating ad banner over the top of all their stories completely blocking the headline.

Just great work.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

One of the most blatantly bigoted, opinionated pieces I've ever seen.

Bonus is that it isn't labeled "opinion", and thus, is being reported as a factual news story.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: One of the most blatantly bigoted, opinionated pieces I've ever seen.

Bonus is that it isn't labeled "opinion", and thus, is being reported as a factual news story.
Is it just me that finds it kind of insulting to assume that all Hispanics are here illegally and the only races here illegally are non-whites?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN politicizing photo of dead father and daughter trying to cross the border.

They're blaming the "new" policies forcing people to take more dangerous paths.

This is truly disgusting. People have been dying trying to cross borders around the world since the dawn of time. Also, last time I checked, the U.S.-Mexico border is a big fucking border. Why did that guy have to cross there? How is him fleeing whatever, crossing at a bad spot, doing something dumb and dangerous, the fault of whomever holds power in our government?

It's tragic, but even more so when someone turns a tragedy into a political opportunity.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Kind of makes me loath the illegal immigrants.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This is truly disgusting.
Yes, it's disgusting that humans treat other humans so poorly.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: This is truly disgusting.
Yes, it's disgusting that humans treat other humans so poorly.
Who is treating who poorly in that picture?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN's Women's Soccer coverage is headlined by Rapinoe saying she won't go to "the fucking White House" if they win.

All the actual results and stories from the games fall below that.

Politicizing sports.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Who is treating who poorly in that picture?
Americans treating non-Americans poorly. Rich/poor, etc. You being more upset about the picture than the 2 dead humans, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I don't care how broke I am, I'm not drowning my toddler.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I don't care how broke I am, I'm not drowning my toddler.
If only people would help people with toddlers trapped in terrible countries.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: I don't care how broke I am, I'm not drowning my toddler.
If only people would help people with toddlers trapped in terrible countries.
Your troll of me was better than this one. This one was way too obvious.

On a serious note, it's so fucking frustrating for idiots on both sides here to be focused on a wall and border when the real problems are in this country and the ones they're running from.

You can't let everyone in or you just end up with the same problems those folks ran from. Why aren't we trying to do more to help those countries?

We need to fix the legalization process so it doesn't take years and good people don't have to risk their lives to cross the border. We also need to start investing in our neighbors. Strong neighbors are much better than weak ones.

P.S. This same stuff is going on right now at the border of Venezuela and Columbia. Where's the media coverage?
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: CNN politicizing photo of dead father and daughter trying to cross the border.

They're blaming the "new" policies forcing people to take more dangerous paths.

This is truly disgusting. People have been dying trying to cross borders around the world since the dawn of time. Also, last time I checked, the U.S.-Mexico border is a big fucking border. Why did that guy have to cross there? How is him fleeing whatever, crossing at a bad spot, doing something dumb and dangerous, the fault of whomever holds power in our government?

It's tragic, but even more so when someone turns a tragedy into a political opportunity.
Reminder that these are the same people that won't show the footage of the trade tower attack on the anniversary of 9/11. They refuse to tell you about the legal status of an attacker in a crime. They are activists. They no longer wish to inform. They only wish to influence. And if you can't be influenced, they will destroy.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: On a serious note, it's so fucking frustrating for idiots on both sides here to be focused on a wall and border when the real problems are in this country and the ones they're running from.
Have to somewhat disagree with this. If they were in a true refugee situation from their country of origin, then there were a couple of countries they passed through on their way here in which they could have asked for asylum. These people are being helped along to get here.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: On a serious note, it's so fucking frustrating for idiots on both sides here to be focused on a wall and border when the real problems are in this country and the ones they're running from.
Have to somewhat disagree with this. If they were in a true refugee situation from their country of origin, then there were a couple of countries they passed through on their way here in which they could have asked for asylum. These people are being helped along to get here.
Keep in mind those "pass through" countries aren't giving them free money, education, health care, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: CNN's Women's Soccer coverage is headlined by Rapinoe saying she won't go to "the fucking White House" if they win.

All the actual results and stories from the games fall below that.

Politicizing sports.
And it baited Trump into a response, because of course...

This is our reality.

*sigh*