The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Here's a headline from the NY Times that says a guy who helped cover up pedophilia in the Catholic church is taking a "high road", while labeling those calling for him to face judgement as conservatives. WTF?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

I saw a video clip where the masses were at the Vatican outside one of the pope's things where he comes out and waves at the devoted and they were chanting "Vigano! Vigano! Vigano!" (He's the archbishop that spilled the beans on things this time around).

They aren't going to be able to spin this away.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

NBC was trying to block the Weinstein story.

Imagine that. If NBC would try to cover a story for a sleazy Hollywood producer raping women, imagine the kind of stories they'd bury for politicians.

CNN is on the story now too.

I love how media outlets are like piranha turning on their own whenever they smell blood in the water.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Guy rams his truck into TV station.

It was planned, but nobody has a clue why.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Guy rams his truck into TV station.

It was planned, but nobody has a clue why.
It was a Fox station. Remember when the media jumped on speculation as to whether or not Trump's rhetoric had something to do with the newspaper shooting? They aren't so curious as to whether or not the "state media" comments about Fox News might have has something to do with this.

To be clear, I don't think it did. But the difference in coverage is apparent.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: But the difference in coverage is apparent.
Point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I know this isn't MSM... but Reddit news. Compare #1 and #4

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

The upvote disparity?

What Russia does to an embassy in cuba doesn't affect anyone not.in cuba. People can't do anything about it, even if they literally cared about it harder than anyone has ever cared about anything.

Whereas people actually feel personally affected by the the actions of EA.

I.see the upvote disparity as.encouraging. People are getting over being outraged over shit they can't change.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

1 - EA charging for loot boxes is so ungodly irrelevant to life.

2 - Russia attacking the US could end their lives.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

2 - And no matter how much you worry about it, or care, or get angry, nothing changes.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: 1 - EA charging for loot boxes is so ungodly irrelevant to life.

2 - Russia attacking the US could end their lives.
Truth!
GORDON wrote: 2 - And no matter how much you worry about it, or care, or get angry, nothing changes.
Also truth!
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

It also makes no difference in my life if Catt needs to feel like he can make a difference, so I don't care if he deludes himself. I just found myself having to defend my statement that "I get it" about those Reddit numbers. People care more about things that actually affect their lives.

Russia and america aren't going to war. Christ.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

"A foreign power is attacking our government."
"But muh loot box!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Russia and america aren't going to war. Christ.
They already are at war. It's just subtle. For now. Look at what they've done to Estonia and Ukraine, among others. The next war will disable those people's internet + power, then how will they get their loot boxes?
Vince wrote: "A foreign power is attacking our government."
"But muh loot box!"
GORDON wrote: People care more about things that actually affect their lives.
The large amount of outrage from Trump's Russia meeting is proof that being outraged against his stupidity can be helpful. If no one was outraged, he would have just cuddled right up.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Bet you a dollar power and internet aren't going out because of Russia. I bet another dollar we have much better kill switches on their routers than they do on ours.

Maverick has been giving MIGs the finger since the 80s. Major powers have been playing chess with other nations since the 40s. Every country spies on and kills agents of every other country, even allies, every day. I guess you could call that "war," but it's also just business as usual, and another boogy man under the bed.

Before, i said getting angry and stressing about things over which one has no.control is pointless, and changes nothing. I take it back. It doesn't change the thing against which one is raging, but one's negative mood it will have an affect on the people around you. Then they affect those around them.

Nice cycle of impotent negativity.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Bet you a dollar power and internet aren't going out because of Russia.
I agree with this. That would be a sure way to get the population pissed at them ("Muh loot boxes!"), But I'm starting to think with the indifference of the general population what it is, they could assassinate our President and we still wouldn't go to war.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Sheeit. About half the country would dance in the streets.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Btw there's not many reasons we should be going to war.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Btw there's not many reasons we should be going to war.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Sheeit. About half the country would dance in the streets.
True. And that's a problem. When we are siding with a foreign nation set to do us harm over our own countrymen, I'm not sure we deserve to survive.