The MSM

Post by GORDON »

yeah informed about killing trees
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I mostly read news. Either CNN.com or Abcnews.com or WSJ (actual paper) or CNBC for financial news.
Ditto. (Except for the actual newspaper you tree murdering psycho.)

That's why I was so frustrated. The one time we turn on the news...

Hell, when we went to turn it on my wife said, "Do we even get news channels?"
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

You know what was good back in the day? CNN Headline news. 30 minutes for all the news in the world. No endless talking.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: You know what was good back in the day? CNN Headline news. 30 minutes for all the news in the world. No endless talking.
YES!!!!!!

I was legit looking for it last night. Is it gone?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: You know what was good back in the day? CNN Headline news. 30 minutes for all the news in the world. No endless talking.
YES!!!!!!

I was legit looking for it last night. Is it gone?
I really don't know...
A companion channel, CNN2, was launched on January 1, 1982[22] and featured a continuous 24-hour cycle of 30-minute news broadcasts.[23] The channel, which later became known as CNN Headline News and is now known as simply HLN, eventually focused on live news coverage supplemented by personality-based programs during the evening and primetime hours.
Bah.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Advertising dollars have always been the primary mission for "news" media.

Talking heads get followers, and thus eyeballs.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN's current headline piece: The pandemic is dividing blue cities from their red states.

No, biased media is doing that, not the pandemic. If people trusted the media, maybe more people would believe this is a legit issue that needs to be addressed. Instead the media is full of half truths, opinion pieces disguised as news, hyperbole, etc.

Check the article author's Twitter feed and it's obvious where his political loyalty lies.

Make note of the fact that he's calling out R governors, while praising D mayors, yet fails to mention Mike DeWine, the R governor of Ohio many think is doing the best job of all.

It really pisses me off that CNN is putting divisive horseshit like this as their top story.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Two of CNN's top stories are anti-Fox News right now:

Fox isn't condemning two people's reporting enough.

Someone blasts a FOX News montage on the virus.

On a daily basis you will find anti-Fox News articles at the top of the CNN page and/or self-promoting articles that make CNN personalities the centerpiece or protagonist of a news story. Typically, Cooper and Lemon are the ones used in this manner.

We all know Fox News is biased shit, but CNN is as well. So how are stories like this not propaganda or, at the very least, more proof that news is a business and this is akin to Burger King running ads about how their burgers are superior to McDonalds?

I really don't know that I could possibly have less respect for the MSM in our country.

And then there's this hit piece on the Stern-Brady interview. I despise Brady, but this article had an agenda. The author was also so brave that he or she refused to put their name on it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Love this opinion piece on CNN's front page.

Here's the first paragraph, and really all you need to read:
"Saturday Night Live" returned on Saturday with its first new episode after stopping production due to the coronavirus pandemic. And much like the first "SNL" after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the show opened with a more somber theme. But the big difference was that in that first show after 9/11, there were no jokes at the expense of then-President George W. Bush. On Saturday's show, however, there were many directed at President Donald Trump -- and Trump earned every one.
At least they properly labeled this headline as opinion, which is something they fail to do a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Aside from the fact that he planned 9/11, Bush wasn't responsible for 9/11. Trump had gay sex with the bat to give it the virus.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I've heard the bat is just claiming it wasn't consensual for a payday.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

#believeallbats
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Another CNN Headline, but opinion piece, blasts FOX News and their "proof" is John Oliver.

This is the sort of thing that gets me disgusted at CNN. They have an anti-FOX News piece daily. I guess it plays to their base, but them calling FOX hypocritical is like the pot calling the kettle black.

I mean, imagine if Obama had received Trump's coverage. It's not like his administration was lacking in things to rip him on (see the front page).

And this isn't defending Trump. He deserves most of the criticism he gets as he's a clueless asshole. However, when you can't even give him credit when he stumbles into something good, maybe you're as asshole too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Well, Oliver has a point. Fox corporate was taking all kinds of steps in reaction to the virus, and the anchors were still "It's nothing" just for eyeballs + $$. It's acting, not news.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Of course he has a point. Pointing out Fox skews right wing is like pointing out water is wet.

My point is that CNN isn't helping anyone, let along themselves with their constant crying of wolf at them. And it's vice versa. I've seen when Fox has pointed out CNN's gaffes and biased over/lack of reporting on stories.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Pointing out Fox skews right wing is like pointing out water is wet.
But, it's not skewing, it's lying.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: But, it's not skewing, it's lying.
Depends on your prism. :D

But seriously, don't get stuck on a word and miss the bigger issue. This isn't a defense of Fox News, it's a condemnation of our entire MSM.

They both ALL lie to us constantly, which has been proven time and time again.
Elon Musk proves CNN is lying about him.
Right wing Daily Caller pointing out 20 of CNN's lies.
The MSM's lies about C-19.
Article about MSM's, including CNN, lies and staging stories.
Another list with images of their headlines.
Even Stephen Colbert has some fun with CNN making an inexcusable error when reporting about his show.