The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

They need to post more topless beach pics of him.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Just a little rant:

I truly cannot understand how someone could look at the coverage of both political conventions by CNN, FOX, etc. and then think the news they are fed is unbiased.

Unfairly picking on CNN, as that's where I go daily... Their coverage of the DNC was extremely positive, and used terms like inspiring and so on. However, their coverage of the RNC has been a hit job. The word "lie" has been used daily in headlines and more than once. They are running "fact check" articles and bringing up previous speeches by Milania, yet never once mentioned how Biden gave the same speech from 2008 word for word.

Is the MSM the greatest threat to our country? I think they'd be in the discussion along with social media, China, capitalism not being allowed to work as intended, and Gordon being single.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

In related news, Don Lemon is trending on Twitter because he ranted last night that the riots need to end ASAP because they're showing up in polling numbers, IE: It's costing the Ds votes.

Funny how they didn't need to end because people are being killed, businesses burned down, people living in fear, etc.

And to be fair, Don Lemon is the Tucker Carlson of CNN, so this sort of bigoted, biased shit is to be expected.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

CNN + Fox are garbage. It's easy to say things like OANN should be avoided, etc. But even those two "mainstream" sources are garbage.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: CNN + Fox are garbage. It's easy to say things like OANN should be avoided, etc. But even those two "mainstream" sources are garbage.
Which is sad because they're the primary news outlets for most people Americans.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: CNN + Fox are garbage. It's easy to say things like OANN should be avoided, etc. But even those two "mainstream" sources are garbage.
Which is sad because they're the primary news outlets for most people Americans.
Without those two, people wouldn't know the correct people to hate.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Peaceful, mostly fiery protest.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I've been to some peaceful fires :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Black man murders two white people and shoots a third for no reason whatsoever.

No mention of races in the article. No mention of the crime possibly being a hate crime. No coverage on CNN.

Reverse the races and those statements would not be true. That's why this is here and not under the Racism thread. How, when, and why the MSM reports things absolutely shapes public perception.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Black man murders two white people and shoots a third for no reason whatsoever.

No mention of races in the article. No mention of the crime possibly being a hate crime. No coverage on CNN.

Reverse the races and those statements would not be true. That's why this is here and not under the Racism thread. How, when, and why the MSM reports things absolutely shapes public perception.
Seriously.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Slow news day for Monday morning, so CNN is dedicating numerous headlines to anti-Trump stuff. They're to the point where they're running a headline story that's just an opinion piece about Jim Gaffigan using the word "fuck" when discussing Trump could hurt Trump in the election.

Politics aside, I enjoy Gaffigan, but why is his opinion on politics newsworthy? Worse still, what does it say about our "leaders" when I actually would give more credibility to his opinion over any politician's?
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I thoguht he was deeply christian.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Politics aside, I enjoy Gaffigan, but why is his opinion on politics newsworthy?
Because he has million of followers, and it became a thing on twitter.
GORDON wrote: I thoguht he was deeply christian.
He is (Catholic, iirc). His wife reprimanded him for saying "fuck," it was kinda cute.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

When he started mentioning his faith in his stand-up act, I figured he must be getting big enough for it to not hurt him.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Because he has million of followers, and it became a thing on twitter.
People who vote based on the opinion of a celebrity should have their voting right taken away.

Of course, I also think that of anyone voting for Trump or Biden, so... :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Because he has million of followers, and it became a thing on twitter.
People who vote based on the opinion of a celebrity should have their voting right taken away.

Of course, I also think that of anyone voting for Trump or Biden, so... :D
Trump was a celebrity, ergo... We should disenfranchise many of the millions who voted for him?
Cakedaddy

The MSM

Post by Cakedaddy »

Yep. Because they either voted for Trump the man or they voted for the letter "R". Neither was acceptable. I would say the same for everyone that voted for Hillary, or for the "D". If people keep voting for pieces of shit, the R's and D's will keep nominating them.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Yep. Because they either voted for Trump the man or they voted for the letter "R". Neither was acceptable. I would say the same for everyone that voted for Hillary, or for the "D". If people keep voting for pieces of shit, the R's and D's will keep nominating them.
Yup.