The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Sounds like my wife, "I wouldn't have to nag if you would just do what I tell you, when I tell you to do it."

See, it's my fault.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

So now it turns out the documents in question were already public when Wikileaks offered them to Trump and team. Trump and the press are playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun and continue to shoot themselves in the face. Only both are too incompetent to actually kill themselves off in one shot, so we're watching them slowly blow bloody parts off daily.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

The entire Trump presidency is bizzaro Obama.

Is the left wing MSM going nuts promoting bullshit stories to try to get him out of office? Check!
Is he white? Check!
Does he have a lack of charisma and tact? Check!
Are left leaning people spreading all the bullshit they hear about him without fact checking? Check!
Do they condemn everything he does without any concern if it was the correct move or not? Check!
Are his supporters unquestioningly defiant even when they shouldn't be? Check!
Is the reason given for his win "racism" and not "white guilt"? Check!

We could probably make this one long ass list.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

The guy that runs ABC's news got everyone on a conference call over the weekend and reamed them all for whats-his-faces sloppy reporting on when it was that the Trump people reached out to the Russian government. I'm seeing probably for the first time in my life this level of realization from the members of the press that they absolutely need to get these stories right. And they still can't do it. This is either the most incompetent the press has ever been, or they're so biased they just can't help it. Or both. But this is bad.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I think it's both. All that the young ones remember is the insanity of the my team/your team of the last 2 presidents, and it's how they think the world is supposed to work.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN's entire front page is dedicated to this book about Trump today. Damn near every story is opinion and analysis bashing Trump, bashing his staff, talking about allegations, etc. These are all their headlines, so thankfully nothing must be going on in the world today aside from this book...

Meanwhile, there is one headline about the feds actively investigating the Clinton Foundation.

Hillary made promises of political favors to donors? Whaaaaaaaaat?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I think CNN should be banned from the White House, for.comedy purposes alone.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: CNN's entire front page is dedicated to this book about Trump today. Damn near every story is opinion and analysis bashing Trump, bashing his staff, talking about allegations, etc. These are all their headlines, so thankfully nothing must be going on in the world today aside from this book...
I have a hard time feeling too bad for Trump over this. He had his lawyers draw up papers to threaten the author and publisher if they released the book which resulted in it being released 4 days early. Trump has done just as much to promote this book as CNN did.

I've always felt that Trump is not dirty as far as the Russian stuff. He's really stupid, but not dirty. But if he *IS* dirty and he's going after Bannon like this, then he really is too stupid to remain in office and should be removed.

My family keeps saying, "Trump hits back", and my reply is, "Yes, and often he just hits himself in the nuts by doing so".
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Don't mistake my attack on CNN's clear bias as support for Trump.

I hate Trump. I hate Clinton. I think Trump's a childish blowhard over his head, but Hillary was a corrupt piece of shit. Neither give a shit about "the people". I hate the process that gave us them as our choices. I hate the Dems who manipulate people with social issues. I hate the Republicans who couldn't be more out of touch with normal Americans if they came from another planet.

However, I'll continue to point out the MSM's clear bias whenever I see it. End of the day, they are one of the biggest reasons this corrupt system keeps rolling along. They're there painting biased pictures, ignoring one or the other party's sins, making excuses, etc.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: However, I'll continue to point out the MSM's clear bias whenever I see it. End of the day, they are one of the biggest reasons this corrupt system keeps rolling along. They're there painting biased pictures, ignoring one or the other party's sins, making excuses, etc.
I don't disagree with you at all about the press being really, really bad when it comes to covering Trump and Clinton. Just pointing out in this particular news cycle Trump was doing everything he could to ensure that every article on the front page of CNN was dedicated to the book about him.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

One would think, though, that by now CNN could play this game better than Trump can.

Making every single click on their front page about Trump makes them a joke. Nothing else going on in the world today?
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: One would think, though, that by now CNN could play this game better than Trump can.

Making every single click on their front page about Trump makes them a joke. Nothing else going on in the world today?
Making every story about the #1 book on Amazon isn't too bad of a strategy. The people that are apt to defend Trump always aren't going to be at CNN anyway. The people that want to always destroy Trump are fine with it. The people that hate them both aren't there anyway.

One thing I've said that's been amazing to watch over the last year is that when one side or the other (press or Trump) does something really stupid I think, man, the other side is really going to capitalize on this and it's going to hurt. Instead the other side pulls an equivalent to a "Hold my beer" in response.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Making every story about the #1 book on Amazon isn't too bad of a strategy. The people that are apt to defend Trump always aren't going to be at CNN anyway. The people that want to always destroy Trump are fine with it. The people that hate them both aren't there anyway.
But there's the problem. When you do that, you're not a news site, you're a fan site.

News outlets should simply report the news, not program for a specific audience.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:News outlets should simply report the news, not program for a specific audience.
I can't really pick out CNN alone for that. Fox hasn't been a news site since the Republican primary. CNN turned 100% after the elections. They were biased after the primaries and before the election, but they hadn't gone completely bat shit nuts yet because they thought Hillary was still going to win. I still like Jake Tapper. The rest of the network is pretty bad.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: But there's the problem. When you do that, you're not a news site, you're a fan site.
Exactly right. By picking an obvious "side," and cheerleading, CNN has turned themselves into a joke.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote: But there's the problem. When you do that, you're not a news site, you're a fan site.
Exactly right. By picking an obvious "side," and cheerleading, CNN has turned themselves into a joke.
They all are.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Not arguing that. Just saying they've made sure that as far as this subject is concerned, Trump isn't wrong. CNN is out to get him.

Well done, CNN.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Not arguing that. Just saying they've made sure that as far as this subject is concerned, Trump isn't wrong. CNN is out to get him.
Absolutely. And if they have Trump on video with a smoking gun standing over a dead body, Fox would be laying cover fire for him. The press is completely worthless at this point. On all sides.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

I'd want to know why he felt he needed to shoot somebody.

Wink.