The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: People at ABC are pissed Sean Spicer has been cast on Dancing with the Stars.

I get it's not everyone, and I get that some claim he was/is a dick, but when have those things mattered previously in people being on shows? This seems more like, "I really wish people on the opposite political spectrum could never find work again."
Intentionally or not, the left is pushing for a civil war. At some point they moved from "we will defeat your ideas" to "we will destroy you".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN opinion piece pushing the left wing "electoral college is bad" bullshit.

I love their disclaimer that it's the opinion of the author, yet they make sure to give it a top story headline.

"But, but...the majority didn't win!" Yeah, that's the fucking point!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

It's just fucked up that nobody told Hillary the rules. If she'd have known that popular vote didn't win, she may have campaigned differently.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: It's just fucked up that nobody told Hillary the rules. If she'd have known that popular vote didn't win, she may have campaigned differently.
It truly is fucked up that Democrats have to campaign in the "flyover states" to win the election. Don't the people who live there know the only people worth a damn live on the coasts?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN reporting on how a FOX anchor said Trump doesn't lie.

First of all, why is at least one headline a day at CNN about FOX, and another dedicated to their on air personalities? Their pettiness over what's going on at FOX is telling.

Secondly, to the FOX anchor, twisting and exaggerating IS lying.

Third, the more I thought about it, the more I wonder if Trump does lie. Follow me here... Doesn't one have to know they're lying to lie? In the immortal words of George Costanza, "It's not a lie if you believe it."

Not all bashing on CNN though, this opinion piece rightfully points out Trump's hypocrisy. Although, if we're being fair, no pieces like this one ran during Obama's tenure.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Doesn't one have to know they're lying to lie?
I generally think so, but at some point, if all you spew is bullshit...
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Not all bashing on CNN though, this opinion piece rightfully points out Trump's hypocrisy. Although, if we're being fair, no pieces like this one ran during Obama's tenure.
Ah, the good ole days of Hitler W mentioned...
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

One of the most ridiculous "stories" I've seen in a while.

DeAndre Hopkins is genuinely a good person by all accounts, but the hyperbole here is pretty silly.

Here's what started it:
“We can't have the inmates running the prison,” McNair — a campaign contributor to President Donald Trump — said at the meeting, according to ESPN.
First of all, props to Yahoo for the mention of who McNair supports politically. Great way to subtlety manipulate the reader.

Second, the inmates running the prison thing is a commonly used expression. Makes all the sense in the world for the owner of a team to not want his employees to do something publicly that hurts everyone's bottom line...except said players. That's kind of an important point Hopkins, Kaep, and the other knelling players don't really get.
Hopkins: ‘It feels like I’m a slave again’
The seventh-year pro who grew up in South Carolina explained how McNair’s comments felt to a man who’s a descendant of slaves with family members who relayed stories about living in the Jim Crow South.

Whoa! First of all, if you're ripping a guy for his use of a phrase, let's examine your use of "again". When exactly were you ever a slave?

Second, there is a world of difference between being a slave and growing up in the Jim Crow South. Sure, both sucked, but still a world of difference. Hopkins is making the mistake of combining both eras into one as if both experiences were the same.

Third, let's talk about being a slave. Please name a single slave that was paid millions of dollars to play a game. Should I wait while you google it? Hint: you're going to see a lot of "No results found" in your efforts.

Hopkins is way over the top here and he's going to lose the empathy of middle and lower class people who work all year long to make ends meet while supporting their family, paying a mortgage, car loans, and so on. Crippling debt and a family create people who are closer to slaves than anything Hopkins has been in his lifetime.

I am glad the article ends with Hopkins crediting McNair for being a good man and explaining he grew up a certain way, so he talks a certain way.

However, it begs the most important question (and why I'm posting it in this thread), this is a two year old story and all parties have moved on, so why is Yahoo churning this up and making it their top story today? Because racism and "shocking statements" get clicks and earn ad revenue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: so why is Yahoo churning this up and making it their top story today?
In a GQ interview published on Tuesday, the Texans wide receiver admitted that he almost skipped a game.
Cuz it came out in a new interview.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Cuz it came out in a new interview.
Came up, not out. But top story?
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Trying to squeeze that last ounce of "give a fuck" from the kneeling anthem issue.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Rogan pointing out how Rotten Tomatoes only allowed 5 progressive outlets to review Chapelle's Sticks and Stones, and thus, giving it a 0%. They also turned off viewer reviews. Guess what happened when they got called out on it and other reviews came in? Critics reviews are at 25%, while audience reviews are at 99%.

Nah, there's no left wing bias...

https://youtu.be/TucGdMXGzWw
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They also turned off viewer reviews. Guess what happened when they got called out on it and other reviews came in? Critics reviews are at 25%, while audience reviews are at 99%.
Well, on this forum it has a 33% so far...
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Im super liberal tho
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: People at ABC are pissed Sean Spicer has been cast on Dancing with the Stars.

I get it's not everyone, and I get that some claim he was/is a dick, but when have those things mattered previously in people being on shows? This seems more like, "I really wish people on the opposite political spectrum could never find work again."
Intentionally or not, the left is pushing for a civil war. At some point they moved from "we will defeat your ideas" to "we will destroy you".
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I think DWTS is proof these people have no shame because they should be ashamed.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I think DWTS is proof these people have no shame because they should be ashamed.
Agreed
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

In the area of bad headlines and tweets...

DeVos to visit school that refuses to accommodate trans students

... or alternatively... DeVos to visit Catholic Elementary School
Alison Kodjak
@alikodjakNPR

Brett Kavanaugh agreed to talk to @katekelly and @rpogrebin for their book - If they wrote that they didn’t talk with him. The authors — who told the story tonight @PressClubDC
— refused and walked away from the interview.
... or alternatively... Brett Kavanaugh agreed to talk to @katekelly and @rpogrebin off the record for their book, which they declined to do
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

The other way seems a lot more ominous, though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Brett Kavanaugh agreed to talk to @katekelly and @rpogrebin off the record for their book, which they declined to do
Off the record means they cannot disclose the contents of the communication. WTF is the point of that?