The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have secretly been really enjoying CNN's art department for the past few months. They purposely find the absolute worst screen grabs of Trump, and it's so petty that it's awesome.
As good as the RNC using a darkened image of Kaep?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I have secretly been really enjoying CNN's art department for the past few months. They purposely find the absolute worst screen grabs of Trump, and it's so petty that it's awesome.
As good as the RNC using a darkened image of Kaep?
I think you misinterpreted the intent of my post. I truly enjoy it. It's petty, but I don't want them to stop.

And I am unaware of the RNC/Kaep thing. Bad on them if they did so intentionally. Obviously the RNC is a racist organization and the greatest evil the world has ever known. Next thing you know they'll be blaming straight white men for everything wrong in the world. How racist would that be? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Maybe if the public didn't automatically determine the guilt of everyone publicly accused these guys wouldn't feel the need to protect themselves?

Maybe if every accusation wasn't an immediate career killer they could be alone with a woman professionally?

I don't really agree with these guys, but they absolutely have the right to think and behave this way. Plus, people shouldn't be shocked that there's this type of counter reaction to the #metoo stuff.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I don't really agree with these guys, but they absolutely have the right to think and behave this way. Plus, people shouldn't be shocked that there's this type of counter reaction to the #metoo stuff.
That's me. Not saying I agree, but I certainly understand it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't really agree with these guys, but they absolutely have the right to think and behave this way.
We're just going to disagree here.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

"Women don't lie about sexual assault."

Except when they do.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

This was funny.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Black Georgia lawmaker says she was "verbally attacked" by man who told her to "go back where you came from"

This story spread quickly on Twitter by blue checkmarks and a number of news outlets. The lady's already walked it back. The guy in question was a Democrat Cuban. He did admit to calling her a bitch because they exchanged words about how much she had in the Express lane. I remember way back on Wednesday when the press wouldn't repeat the "Omar married her brother" quote without pointing out that it was an "unverified claim". If only there was a profession that did, in fact, verify such claims.

The national press is a garbage vocation. I respect slip and fall lawyers more than them. At least the lawyers are actually doing some work.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: If only there was a profession that did, in fact, verify such claims.

The national press is a garbage vocation.
Honestly, someone would be hard pressed to prove this belief wrong. Hell, it's why this thread exists.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Journalist == salesman, in 2019.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Dude walks up during her presser. Just shoot this shit straight into my veins.
Thomas said that she had used the express checkout line, despite having more than the stated items, because she is nine months pregnant and has trouble standing for long.
Oddly she had no trouble standing for the presser she called.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Black Georgia lawmaker says she was "verbally attacked" by man who told her to "go back where you came from"

This story spread quickly on Twitter by blue checkmarks and a number of news outlets. The lady's already walked it back. The guy in question was a Democrat Cuban. He did admit to calling her a bitch because they exchanged words about how much she had in the Express lane. I remember way back on Wednesday when the press wouldn't repeat the "Omar married her brother" quote without pointing out that it was an "unverified claim". If only there was a profession that did, in fact, verify such claims.

The national press is a garbage vocation. I respect slip and fall lawyers more than them. At least the lawyers are actually doing some work.
More perspectives arrive
The Georgia Democratic lawmaker who went viral with her claim that she was told to "go back where you came from" at a grocery store was actually the person who made the statement, a Tuesday report said, citing witnesses.
According to the AJC, a Publix employee told a Cobb County deputy that she witnessed Thomas "continuously tell Eric Sparkes to ‘Go back where you came from,’” but not from Sparkes.
https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/cobb- ... aMnVLmHEP/
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that this story is nowhere to be found on CNN's front page.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

If she hadn't claimed the guy repeated a Trump quote, this would have gotten no initial coverage. Just like a high school kid smiling at an indian would have gotten no media attention had he not been wearing a MAGA hat.

Meanwhile, the terrorist that tried to blow up the ICE facility repeating AOC's talking points sure fell off the news fast. In the places he showed up to begin with.

The press wasn't in too good of shape to begin with. Trump completely broke them.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Won't matter. They're still the only game in town most people listen to.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Jeez, this is awful. I love how the chyron goes from "President Hosts African American Pastors and Faith Leaders At The White House" to "Controversial African American Pastor Meets With President" as soon as it becomes clear that's he's not interested in the petty partisan crap. CNN is just the worst.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
Jeez, this is awful. I love how the chyron goes from "President Hosts African American Pastors and Faith Leaders At The White House" to "Controversial African American Pastor Meets With President" as soon as it becomes clear that's he's not interested in the petty partisan crap. CNN is just the worst.
Reasonable. That guy's been controversial for years. I wouldn't be surprised if they had already had that queued up. Once again, twitter fails.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Reasonable. That guy's been controversial for years. I wouldn't be surprised if they had already had that queued up. Once again, twitter fails.
You think CNN looked okay in that clip?