The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Meh. Maybe we're moving into a "post-nations" world, in which people just want muh internet, muh loot boxes, pay for their 30% of taxes, and be left alone. They can't make a difference in the world, might as well lean in to the things they actually can control.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Hate to sound like a hippie, but it would be nice. Every country on Earth says "enough of the bullshit" and just signs a comprehensive mutual protection pact. If a country gets aggressive, then literally every other country on Earth smacks them down. Let everyone run their own economies and sovereign borders, but no more immigration/emmigration, and no more trillions of dollars a year going to a massive military.

Everyone can just relax and live their lives and not worry about the Forever War that's never going to end.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

In concept, it's perfect.

In execution it would crumble. EX: The United Nations.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

With the level of surveillance that exists now... up to and including people volunteering to be spied upon in their own homes, via Alexa, I think enforcement would be easy. Whenever two people would get together to start talking shit about the treaty, BAM drone strike.

Not to that extreme, but the UN would be a much different critter if it had been formed with today's tech, and actually teeth to enforce resolutions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

BUT HOW DO I KEEP OUT THE POORS?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Trillions saved annually from the military drawdown, suddenly the minimum basic income becomes a nice plan and there aren't any more poors. Those still on the streets at that point are mentally ill, and go into the hospitals which we can also afford. Also sterilized, if a genetic disorder.

BAM what a twist.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Wow, this thread is getting dark.

The last thing I want is for the UN to have the teeth to enforce anything that contradicts our sovereignty or rights guaranteed by the Constitution. And say goodbye to Israel. Not to mention every nation eventually becomes a military dictatorship because no outside force can try to stop it or aid rebels trying to stop it without triggering the mutual protection act. Or groups lie Al Qaeda that weren't part of the government in Afghanistan, but still attacked us.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Back to the press sucking...

Nikki Haley’s View of New York Is Priceless. Her Curtains? $52,701. The sixth paragraph:
A spokesman for Ms. Haley said plans to buy the curtains were made in 2016, during the Obama administration. Ms. Haley had no say in the purchase, he said.
Press, I hated you before Trump ever ran for office.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Okay, "enemy of the people" might be over the line, but "enemy of truth and decency" I think is pretty spot on.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Trump's NATO ambassador says something innocent, but dumb as it can easily be taken the wrong way.

So of course, the far left MSN.com suggests she almost started a nuclear war...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Thinking or Thanking?

Left wing talk shows and MSM outlets are going nuts over Trump telling a reporter she "wasn't thinking", and they're even applying their own "here's why your specific group should be outraged" to it.

However, her statement involved the word "thanks", and the WH transcript says he said "thanking".

I've listened to it a few times and I hear "thinking", but I wouldn't bet my life that he's not saying "thanking".

If he said thinking, I don't get the context outside of a straight up insult, which would probably be directed towards the MSM, but is being reported as a sexist comment. If he said thanking, I really wouldn't get it either unless he means they're ungrateful?

He's an idiot.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Thinking or Thanking?

Left wing talk shows and MSM outlets are going nuts over Trump telling a reporter she "wasn't thinking", and they're even applying their own "here's why your specific group should be outraged" to it.

However, her statement involved the word "thanks", and the WH transcript says he said "thanking".

I've listened to it a few times and I hear "thinking", but I wouldn't bet my life that he's not saying "thanking".

If he said thinking, I don't get the context outside of a straight up insult, which would probably be directed towards the MSM, but is being reported as a sexist comment. If he said thanking, I really wouldn't get it either unless he means they're ungrateful?

He's an idiot.
The press is such a bunch of self aggrandizing little princesses it's mind boggling. I don't care if Trump is mean to you! Do your damn jobs and stop crying you damn titty-babies. Good grief.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Obama would have gotten a pass.

The press wouldn't have even mentioned it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I wasn't sure where to put this story: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/c ... 589621002/
An Ohio University student is charged with making false alarms after she claimed notes were left for her using homophobic references and threatening her life, officials said.

Anna Ayers, 21, a member of the student senate at the Athens school, will appear in court Thursday, Ohio University police said.

The school's newspaper, The Post, reported that Ayers said she received three notes in late September and early October. She said they referenced her sexual identity and one threatened her life, The Post reported.

"Subsequent investigation by OUPD found that Ayers had placed the messages herself, prior to reporting them," police said in a press release Monday.

The Post said Ayers is a senior studying journalism, a member of The Post Publishing Board and a previous Post columnist.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I'm sure the MSM/those on the left would call her an anomaly.
I'm sure those on the right would call her an example of how the MSM is biased and lies.

The truth is, more than likely, somewhere in the middle, and even that is bad.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Holy crap. Obviously she'd never be agenda driven in her career.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Megyn Kelly on her way out at NBC after "blackface" scandal.

It was so scandalous that only people at her own network discussed it...
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

The synagogue shooter didn't vote for Trump, so CNN blames him on their next favorite target: Fox News.

How does CNN make this link? They equate his Antisemitism with Fox News' constant discussions on the migrant caravan. No really. Hell, they don't even really mention the Synagogue attack after the first paragraph.

This is on CNN Business and is being labeled as news, not opinion. Nope, no manipulation and/or bias there!

I enjoyed this part:
The suspect, Robert Bowers, complained about immigrant "invaders" six days before the shooting.
While there is no such invasion happening, this rhetoric has blanketed right-wing media in relation to the Central American migrant caravan that's been in the news this month.
See what's being done? They're playing semantics.

No, there absolutely is no invasion. No foreign army is taking U.S. territory via force.

However, 14 million illegals residing within the U.S. and a caravan of another couple thousand who just used violence to force their way into Mexico is nothing? It's not something anybody needs to be concerned about?

If someone forcibly and illegally enters your home do you call the police or pretend like nothing is wrong?

Neither Fox News nor CNN deserve any respect as unbiased news sources.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:If someone forcibly and illegally enters your home do you call the police or pretend like nothing is wrong?
Oddly enough, if they aren't military it's still called a "home invasion".