Immigration

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Birthright citizenship should be changed, yes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Birth tourism operators arrested.

This is a loop hole that needs to be closed. That's not a xenophobic statement, but more about ensuring the right people (those who go through proper channels) get citizenship.
Agreed. All the reasons it was useful are long gone.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Grocery store weighs in.

I mean, they're not wrong...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Grocery store weighs in.

Yeah.... to the extent those places may or may not exist...
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:

Yeah.... to the extent those places may or may not exist...
Of course, but based upon their "lore", it's a correct statement.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

True.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS agrees with Trump on locking up illegals that are to be deported.

This makes no sense. Locking up people actively breaking the law and not just letting them continue to break the law? Insanity!
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Yeah but feelings and politics!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Locking up people actively breaking the law and not just letting them continue to break the law? Insanity!
This case concerns mostly legal immigrants, not illegal ones, who have committed crimes and are set to be deported.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

One would think that if under a microscope, one would be more careful about not being a criminal.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: One would think that if under a microscope, one would be more careful about not being a criminal.
They already finished their sentences. The question is whether they have to go directly into federal custody, or, if they are released, can be picked up later and remanded to federal custody for deportation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: One would think that if under a microscope, one would be more careful about not being a criminal.
They already finished their sentences. The question is whether they have to go directly into federal custody, or, if they are released, can be picked up later and remanded to federal custody for deportation.
Again, they were here, broke the law, and there's debate about what to do with them? This is no brainer shit that we're wasting money debating. Hell, I wouldn't even have them serve time here unless it was a violent crime (That way we KNOW there was some justice.) Send 'em packing and tell them if they try to return they will be jailed for X years and then deported again.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:Again, they were here, broke the law, and there's debate about what to do with them? This is no brainer shit that we're wasting money debating. Hell, I wouldn't even have them serve time here unless it was a violent crime (That way we KNOW there was some justice.) Send 'em packing and tell them if they try to return they will be jailed for X years and then deported again.
Yup. This isn't hard.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

People are renting kids to cross the border.

Who the fuck rents their kids out?
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Scum.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

A half-mile stretch of wall on the site is nearly finished, Kobach said, costing an estimated $6 million to $8 million to build. The main contractor working at the site: Fisher Industries, a North Dakota-based company that President Trump has been aggressively advocating should be awarded government contracts to build the border wall, The Washington Post reported last week.
1953.5 miles to go!
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Private citizens are already building the wall.

What a waste of money.
Not for the property owner of the land they're putting the wall up on. I suspect the property value of that half mile went up considerably.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: Private citizens are already building the wall.

What a waste of money.
Not for the property owner of the land they're putting the wall up on. I suspect the property value of that half mile went up considerably.
How do you figure? Now there's a massive eye sore that also needs regular maintenance. One that will draw tons of negative attention and probably get tagged soon.