TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Ever notice how the "if it would save one life" argument is never applied to illegal immigration?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

I saw elsewhere in like 2014, illegals were convicted of murdering 450 Americans in the US .

So our tolerance for it is greater than 450, apparently. Sucks to be in that 450, but hey, there are elections to win.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Ever notice how the "if it would save one life" argument is never applied to illegal immigration?
This.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I saw elsewhere in like 2014, illegals were convicted of murdering 450 Americans in the US .

So our tolerance for it is greater than 450, apparently. Sucks to be in that 450, but hey, there are elections to win.
How many kids were shot in school shooting for the same time frame? Yet we get town halls on school shootings with the families of victims. Press isn't promoting news. Press is promoting an agenda.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I saw elsewhere in like 2014, illegals were convicted of murdering 450 Americans in the US .

The counterpoint is that illegal immigration improves the lives of those who do it. Let's say that's 10M people. How many of those might have died in their prior countries? 1? 100? 1,000? 10,000? Those 450 would have to be weighed against the benefits to those who have immigrated, morally.
Vince wrote: How many kids were shot in school shooting for the same time frame? Yet we get town halls on school shootings with the families of victims. Press isn't promoting news. Press is promoting an agenda.
The broader argument here is that without guns, many more lives would be saved, and there's not the same life trade-off as their is in the above to morally evaluate the outcomes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The counterpoint is that illegal immigration improves the lives of those who do it.
And negatively impacting the lives of those who live in the country the illegals have migrated to... And don't start with the "minimal impact" bullet point horseshit. Their impact on the economy is a negative overall, they break laws in far greater numbers than what you're being told (I lived in NM and illegals driving without insurance and ignoring traffic laws was a massive issue), they want to bring their culture here, they're loyal to their country of origin, they refuse to learn the language, they're bigoted against people different from them, and one of this country's political parties is trying to use them for votes.
TheCatt wrote: Those 450 would have to be weighed against the benefits to those who have immigrated, morally.
Well, not really. Not to be a cold bastard, but why are other countries' issues our issues? A homeless person would probably have a better life if he or she broke into your house and started living in your guest room, but I'm betting you'd have an issue with that.

Morally doesn't equal "act stupidly", does it? Just saying that you can be morally correct without bending over and dropping your pants.

You don't solve homelessness by inviting that stinky bastard to move in, no you improve the situation for him outside your home. If you just let him stay in your home illegally, and give him handouts, then more homeless people start moving into your home. And you know where this is going.
TheCatt wrote: The broader argument here is that without guns, many more lives would be saved, and there's not the same life trade-off as their is in the above to morally evaluate the outcomes.
Counterpoint: Without the right to bear arms, how many Americans would have been killed by an overreaching government by now? Our right to bear arms has actually been discussed by foreign leaders who toyed with the idea of invading the U.S. It scared them. That's got to count for something, right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Well, not really. Not to be a cold bastard, but why are other countries' issues our issues?
Because we're all human? Because we all live on the same planet? Because where you are born is completely arbitrary?
Leisher wrote: Without the right to bear arms, how many Americans would have been killed by an overreaching government by now?
Unknowable. But how many people have been killed by guns, per capita, relative to other nations, is knowable.
Our right to bear arms has actually been discussed by foreign leaders who toyed with the idea of invading the U.S. It scared them.
Within the past 100 years?
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Well, not really. Not to be a cold bastard, but why are other countries' issues our issues?
Because we're all human? Because we all live on the same planet? Because where you are born is completely arbitrary?
Disagree 100%. There will always be more poor people wanting to get in. Always. We have a finite ability to take care of them, unless you want your quality of life reduced to the point where Mexico starts looking homey.

It isn't America's responsibility to take care of every human on the planet. Feel free to volunteer your personal resources to do so, but don't volunteer mine, as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Because we're all human? Because we all live on the same planet? Because where you are born is completely arbitrary?
Go knit a quilt hippie.

Seriously though, this is a weak ass response. I detailed why we should help people, but do so in THEIR homes, not our home. You didn't address that, you just gave a political response. Are you running for office or trolling? You don't post shit this illogical.
TheCatt wrote: Unknowable. But how many people have been killed by guns, per capita, relative to other nations, is knowable.
Who cares if one number is knowable and the other is unknowable? In what dreamworld do you think a ban on guns is going to result in a net positive? More people are killed by drunk drivers than by guns, yet the laws in place don't do shit about that, and we don't ban alcohol or cars. Where is the logic? Have you been hacked? What happened to Catt the Libertarian?

Russian writer explains that the first step to what went down in the Soviet Union was disarming the populace.

But that would NEVER happen here right? I mean, name a freedom we've lost in the past 20 years. Or name a time when the U.S. Constitution was completely ignored. Or when our government put its own interests ahead of citizens. Or when the government executed its own citizens without trial. It just doesn't happen...
TheCatt wrote: Within the past 100 years?
Yes sir. The Russians actually discussed it. One of their generals got interviewed about it, and said it wasn't like they were actively planning anything, but more planning out any scenario. Their biggest concern was that taking the U.S. with conventional troops and arms would be impossible without an unimaginable loss of life. This was mainly due to Americans' right to bear arms. If I remember correctly (tried googling it for you, but Trump-Russia has made that impossible), his example was the gangs of LA would fight alongside people they otherwise would never tolerate socially against a foreign invader.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Go knit a quilt hippie.
Lol.
Leisher wrote: Are you running for office or trolling? You don't post shit this illogical.
I'm just arguing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I'm just arguing.
Love that skit. Have it in my MP3 collection.

I knew something had to be up. I mean, we were arguing basic level shit, and that's not you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I mean, we were arguing basic level shit, and that's not you.
Sometimes I argue just to argue.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

But that's not an argument. That's just contradiction!
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

This 1000% Our government's sole responsibility is to protect the rights of its citizens.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: But that's not an argument. That's just contradiction!
No it isn't!
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: But that's not an argument. That's just contradiction!
No it isn't!
It's resting its eyes. Oh wait, that's a different one...
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

More anchor babies being born in LA than in 14 other states, combined.

https://www.breitbart.com/california/20 ... 14-states/

Nope, no problems here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Migrant "train" of thousands on its way to U.S.
Mexico's foreign ministry released a statement noting that travelers should consult its migration laws before trying to enter.
"Please bear in mind that current legislation does not permit entry into Mexico if requirements to travel to a neighboring country have not been met," the statement said. "To avoid surprises, please inform yourself before starting out."
I just...what?!

Are they being serious or are they trolling the U.S.?
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Campbell Soup VP tweets Soros is funding the immigrant caravan coming to the U.S.

Not sure I buy into the conspiracy theories, but it is a weird coincidence that they'll be arriving right at election time.