Immigration

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How do you figure? Now there's a massive eye sore that also needs regular maintenance.
The land is owned by a brick company, so I'm not sure how much anyone cares how it looks.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: How do you figure? Now there's a massive eye sore that also needs regular maintenance. One that will draw tons of negative attention and probably get tagged soon.
Because the 400 illegals that used to cross onto your property are now crossing into your neighbors', dropping their trash (probably plastic [poor sea turtle]) and shitting and pissing where ever. We can debate that a wall over the entire border might or might not work. What really isn't debatable from the collected data is that where walls have been erected, they've had a significant impact. It may just be moving the illegals to areas easier to cross, but it helps where they're at.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: How do you figure? Now there's a massive eye sore that also needs regular maintenance.
The land is owned by a brick company, so I'm not sure how much anyone cares how it looks.
I wonder how many illegals work for them...
Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: How do you figure? Now there's a massive eye sore that also needs regular maintenance. One that will draw tons of negative attention and probably get tagged soon.
Because the 400 illegals that used to cross onto your property are now crossing into your neighbors', dropping their trash (probably plastic [poor sea turtle]) and shitting and pissing where ever. We can debate that a wall over the entire border might or might not work. What really isn't debatable from the collected data is that where walls have been erected, they've had a significant impact. It may just be moving the illegals to areas easier to cross, but it helps where they're at.
If they're still coming into your neighbor's property, it isn't going to impact your land's worth very much. You can build a mansion in the ghetto, but that doesn't mean it'll be worth what it cost to build.

And of course they're simply going around it...now. Wait until it's no longer easier to just go around. Wait until building a tunnel into your business is easier and they murder you and hold your family captive to make you work with them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

I'm 100% for making them build the tunnels. We can find them with GPR and allow them to complete them. That's 9 to 12 months and anywhere from $500k to $1 million. Then fill it with concrete. It wouldn't take but maybe a half dozen of those to put an end to it quick.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I wonder how many illegals work for them...
Vince wrote:
If they're still coming into your neighbor's property, it isn't going to impact your land's worth very much. You can build a mansion in the ghetto, but that doesn't mean it'll be worth what it cost to build.

And of course they're simply going around it...now. Wait until it's no longer easier to just go around. Wait until building a tunnel into your business is easier and they murder you and hold your family captive to make you work with them.
It's my understanding that they aren't criminals, merely hard working Mexicans
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: I'm 100% for making them build the tunnels. We can find them with GPR and allow them to complete them. That's 9 to 12 months and anywhere from $500k to $1 million. Then fill it with concrete. It wouldn't take but maybe a half dozen of those to put an end to it quick.
So you want to illegally search Mexico or private citizens' property?
GORDON wrote: It's my understanding that they aren't criminals, merely hard working Mexicans
Excellent point. I retract everything I've ever said in this topic. I also think we should immediately move to ban ALL locks, fences, and doors throughout the U.S. Treat everything like the border.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

As ive said before, we seem to have a number of murders that we'll tolerate at the hands of.illegal immigrants before we'll take serious measures, but we haven't hit it yet.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mexicans
Latinx.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: So you want to illegally search Mexico or private citizens' property?
No, build a double fence along the border with an access road for ICE and BP for a more rapid response to areas where they see trouble. While it won't eliminate illegal crossings, it will greatly diminish them allowing for time for agents to run GPR along said access road. When they come across what appears to be a tunnel, they get a court order to use hand held GPR along adjacent property to find if and where the tunnel terminates. Then fill it with concrete.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: So you want to illegally search Mexico or private citizens' property?
No, build a double fence along the border with an access road for ICE and BP for a more rapid response to areas where they see trouble. While it won't eliminate illegal crossings, it will greatly diminish them allowing for time for agents to run GPR along said access road. When they come across what appears to be a tunnel, they get a court order to use hand held GPR along adjacent property to find if and where the tunnel terminates. Then fill it with concrete.
Does the government own all the land that touches Mexico? I honestly don't know how that works.

Seems to me this is a LOT of effort when you could instead invest in Mexico and turn IT into the wall.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Does the government own all the land that touches Mexico? I honestly don't know how that works.
Imminent domain.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Imminent domain.
Wasting billions AND taking private property from civilians in the name of "the greater good"?

No thank you.

You don't treat a disease by buying more tissues.

Either improve Mexico, get rid of the handouts the illegals get here, or both. The wall is not a solution.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Either improve Mexico, get rid of the handouts the illegals get here, or both. The wall is not a solution.
We can't improve Mexico. I think you're not understanding why people are clamoring for a physical barrier. It's because the people not for open borders don't believe politicians when they say they are going to fix it. They believe a barrier. The wall may or may not be a solution. Believing a politician is not only less of a solution, you have to be kind of stupid to trust in it. It is because politicians have lied to people for 30 some odd years about wanting to fix the issue that people want a wall.

The government has wasted billions on shit I'm opposed to for my entire life. I'm more than okay with them wasting billions on this to see if it does any good. And for what it's worth, the people that actually work the border say it will help (as part of a larger solution). The "experts" that they keep trodding out that only have experience in University classrooms are the ones saying it won't work.

Edit: In 2006 (?) congress passed a law to build a barrier. Then they refused to fund it. Why not? If it would have no impact as we are told over and over again, why not fund it? Then the politicians get some cover, and it has no appreciable impact on illegal immigration which would be a win-win for them. So there has to be some reason why they wouldn't fund it.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: We can't improve Mexico.
We can.
Vince wrote: I think you're not understanding why people are clamoring for a physical barrier.
I get it. I also get that it's a massive waste of money. They'll dig, swim, fly, etc. to get here. You have to fix the problem. You don't stick a bucket under a leaky roof and then walk away forever.

And they won't fund it because:
1. Corporations want that cheap illegal labor. Corporations buy politicians.
2. Dems want those illegal votes.

You want to build the wall? I'll accept funding for it from only one source. Take all the money we pay to accommodate illegals whether it's giving them education, welfare, or even printing a form in Spanish as well as English and use it for the wall.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: You want to build the wall? I'll accept funding for it from only one source. Take all the money we pay to accommodate illegals whether it's giving them education, welfare, or even printing a form in Spanish as well as English and use it for the wall.
I'd go with that. I really think it'd be more effective than people are wanting to admit because if it was going to have zero impact, the politicians would have done it when they passed the bill to do it in '06. Everyone knows it'd slow the flow (everyone being the ones in power and power brokers insisting that they not do it).

Edit: In other words, it doesn't make any sense that they would oppose it because it will hinder cheap labor and new votes (which I agree with) AND it will have no impact on illegal immigration. At least on the Republican side, why piss off your base by not pushing it (for real pushing it) if it's not going to negatively impact your cheap labor donors?
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

ICE raids this weekend.

Why are we announcing these before they happen?
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: ICE raids this weekend.

Why are we announcing these before they happen?
Because Trump has Twitter?