Immigration

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

US will start separating families coming here illegally via prosecuting the adults.

“If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Article title: Undocumented immigrant shot, killed by border patrol officer in Texas

Reality:
A Border Patrol agent responded to a report of illegal activity near a culvert and discovered a group of undocumented immigrants, the agency said.
The agent tried to apprehend the group but he came under attack by multiple people using blunt objects. The agent fired at least one round, fatally wounding one person, CBP said.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:undocumented immigrants
What an unbiased news source...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

UN wants the U.S. to stop separating families of "migrants".

I agree with them that separating families is really stupid. Where we disagree is here:
“The U.S. should immediately halt this practice of separating families and stop criminalizing what should at most be an administrative offense – that of irregular entry or stay in the U.S.,” U.N. human rights spokeswoman Ravina Shamdasani told a briefing in Geneva.

“Entering a country without the relevant papers should not be a criminal offense...so these people should not be detained,” she said
Uh, go fuck yourself. In many countries you face death and/or long term imprisonment for crossing borders.

These are not migrants or refugees. They're illegal immigrants. The U.S. has the right to deny entry or deport people just like any other nation.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Members of the UN have no.right to lock the doors to their homes, to.keep immigrants out.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

“Entering a country without the relevant papers should not be a criminal offense...so these people should not be detained,” she said
What. The. Fuck?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Members of the UN have no.right to lock the doors to their homes, to.keep immigrants out.
Right... let's go walk into the UN Security Council next time it meets with that person's argument
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

You know how everyone is really pissed about the Trump administration policy of separating children from their parents?

Turns out, that was always the policy under certain circumstances.

In fact, that famous image of the children sleeping on the floor behind a chain link fence was from 2014. Remind me, who was president then?

That CNN article really tries to spin this to say the difference now is that this is the policy 100% of the time. Not sure why "sometimes" is ok when your own pundits have been screaming that it's "never ok" to do such a thing...

Anyway, in another report from NYMAG that came directly from a Senate report linked in the article, Obama's administration handed immigrant children over directly to traffickers.

Yeah. While you let that settle in, ask yourself why the MSM didn't hammer this story when it came out in 2016.

P.S. The ACLU says the Border Patrol was "monstrous" under Obama.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

There is so much crap on this issue. I agree that we should be looking for a legislative solution to keep these families together while their cases are being adjudicated. I think it's clear that the only solution acceptable to Democrats is to release the families into the interior of the country. I'm in favor of Ted Cruz's bill.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

I'm trying to figure out what it would take for me to take my kid into a situation where he might get separated from me, like that. "Imminent death, otherwise," is about the only situation I can think of. Not, "I want a better job."
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I'm trying to figure out what it would take for me to take my kid into a situation where he might get separated from me, like that. "Imminent death, otherwise," is about the only situation I can think of. Not, "I want a better job."
Agreed. Pundits keep talking about child abuse. The child abuse is being committed by those bringing the kids on these potentially deadly treks across the border.

That being said, let's treat them as well as we can before shipping them back.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

I have a FB and real life friend who ran for judge and thankfully didn't get it who is on FB making the argument that illegals are "innocent until proven guilty", and as such, shouldn't be detained.

How do you reason with that lack of logic?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

I'm trying to support that argument to play devil's advocate, and I got nothing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

She is also very anti-gun. Thinks nobody needs them and "for the children" is a core theme of her argument.
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: She is also very anti-gun. Thinks nobody needs them and "for the children" is a core theme of her argument.
At least we know her bid for judge wasn't on a platform of logical consistency.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Found a couple of interesting YouTube videos today. I like them because they actually cite their sources and aren't just spouting facts without proof. I'll put the other one elsewhere, but here's the one on immigration. What the guy realizes/says at 2:14 is the whole point of the argument for illegal immigration.

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Goddam trump