2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Ya’ll been reading the Breibart comments again.
It's not exactly a stretch of reality or conspiracy theory to believe if you essentially silence a majority of the country, they're not going to be pleased. I know insane right wing folks on FB. They're ready to start the next civil war right now and that's with Rs controlling the Oval Office, SCOTUS, and the Senate. (This is not a joke. My wife and I talk all the time about how we're just waiting for the news to show up and ask us if we saw [insert incident] coming, and we're going to say, "Absolutely.")

Imagine being called a racist, a misogynist, and a homophobe daily. Imagine also being told that your experiences and opinions are meaningless because you live in fly over states and you don't matter. Imagine if your country's entertainment industry made you the butt of all jokes implying you're intolerant, backwards, and stupid. Imagine people trying to take away your guns that you use for sport, protection from criminals, and protection from an overreaching government trying to take away your rights. Imagine people trying to tell you that your vote shouldn't count. Imagine people telling you that your faith is wrong, pointless, without morals, and complete bullshit.

Imagine whenever you tell people you're getting mad and might act on it, they laugh and say you're nuts. :D

Now listen, I'm not saying I'm that person. There are some parts of that I believe in and others I don't. However, that's how people feel, and war has been started over less. Why would you think it's impossible here? Here where we've already had a civil war.

At the very least I think you're going to see a dramatic uptick in domestic terrorism.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
TheCatt wrote: They're already over-represented.
Not sure that's true.
TheCatt wrote:
In Thursday night’s presidential debate on NBC, all 10 Democratic hopefuls showed support for access to health care for everyone—regardless of immigration status.
Sheer insanity.

I'm all for helping people, but despite how politicians spend, we have a finite amount of money and resources here.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
In Thursday night’s presidential debate on NBC, all 10 Democratic hopefuls showed support for access to health care for everyone—regardless of immigration status.
Along with a few of them indicating that it shouldn't be illegal to come here illegally. So... free stuff for everyone. in the world.

Though I do think if the borders opened up and people were coming across and taking jobs in the middle and upper end of the pay scale that a lot of "compassionate" people today would be Trump supporters tomorrow.

Edit: I think Warren won this first debate. She looked best in her group. Last nights debate was a win for Trump, I think.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Post by Vince »

Trolling gold.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN still running more negative Biden pieces than positive ones.

I wonder who they're hoping to win the nod?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Not sure that's true.
It's very true
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

The founders were wiser than we know. People are shitting in the streets in California and street lights are falling and crushing cars because human urine has corroded the bolts holding them in the ground. It's good and proper that the people that voted in governments that allow their states to become this have less of a voice in national elections.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And frankly, people in Wyoming are generally 3.6 times better.than a typical.californian. it makes sense.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
It's very true
Isn't that how it's supposed to work though?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
It's very true
Isn't that how it's supposed to work though?
It's how it was originally designed. But why? States barely matter any more.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eliminate them. Abolish states and burn the Constitution. A glorious new nation will arise, content and united, knowing their betters in DC love and care for them, and the voters in NY and CA will always vote in their best interests.

It's a flawless plan
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Eliminate them. Abolish states and burn the Constitution. A glorious new nation will arise, content and united, knowing their betters in DC love and care for them, and the voters in NY and CA will always vote in their best interests.

It's a flawless plan
I really don't know who are you arguing to.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm advocating hard to abolish the EC so the country burns faster. I love seeing idiots get exactly what they want.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is hilarious and attacks both parties.

https://youtu.be/DhempEhU8A4
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

National debt and money out of politics were my favorite lines.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: CNN still running more negative Biden pieces than positive ones.

I wonder who they're hoping to win the nod?
And another one
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I saw that this morning.

They're really hammering him. He's the most moderate of all their candidates (right?), so isn't CNN attacking Biden a win for Trump? How far left does CNN think the country is or how far left are they trying to drag us?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I saw that this morning.

They're really hammering him. He's the most moderate of all their candidates (right?), so isn't CNN attacking Biden a win for Trump? How far left does CNN think the country is or how far left are they trying to drag us?
I don't know. But my wife was lamenting the rise of "progressive or nothing" in the Democrats lately.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden is not doing well.

Hear an interesting take on Biden yesterday: People loved him and thought a lot of him, but was it really because Obama shielded us from the real Biden?

He's a grown man who gave another grown man matching BFF bracelets. Are we sure Biden isn't an idiot?

Meanwhile, Kamala Harris wants to bring back busing.

That'll end her campaign. People move to get them and their loved ones AWAY from bad situations and you want to bus their kids back into it? There's a reason busing failed miserably and was so unpopular.

Are there any Dem policies that aren't about taking people's freedoms and choices away from them?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've already said it: Progressive policies are all about removing as many freedoms as possible, for the greater good.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Meanwhile, Kamala Harris wants to bring back busing.

That'll end her campaign. People move to get them and their loved ones AWAY from bad situations and you want to bus their kids back into it? There's a reason busing failed miserably and was so unpopular.
Where I live kids are already bussed, so... where doesn't that happen?