2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Biden is happy with the touchy-gate stuff. Much better than him and his son going to prison
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Oregon might join the popular vote movement.

The people who support this initiative are either completely brainwashed or total fools. The inability or refusal to grasp what a terrible idea this is boggles the mind. I just cannot accept that level of ignorance, gullibility, or selfishness.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Oregon might join the popular vote movement.

The people who support this initiative are either completely brainwashed or total fools. The inability or refusal to grasp what a terrible idea this is boggles the mind. I just cannot accept that level of ignorance, gullibility, or selfishness.
I suspect if enough of these states do this, it'll be a self correcting problem. Within two election cycles the candidates will fully understand the math involved. Within two more elections, the people of these states will be kind of irritated that they've never had a Presidential candidate come to their state after the primary. Then they'll reverse this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, to actually do what they're planning they're going to have to win in court first, and Constitutional experts say that's not going to happen.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Well, to actually do what they're planning they're going to have to win in court first, and Constitutional experts say that's not going to happen.
I would normally agree, but the courts don't seem to much care anymore what the Constitution says.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Biden officially in.
yyyyaaaaayyyyy
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

2020 challenge: Pick 3 of the above to be your team for who will win the candidacy.

I'm going: Sanders, Buttigieg, and Gabbard. Without knowing any polling data.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I want to say Biden, Sanders, and Buttigieg, but in your world people aren't allowed to pick the same for some reason. You're probably also the same type of weirdo who would have to change his order if we were at a restaurant and I ordered what you wanted.

So I'll go Biden, O'Rourke, and Warren (because I need a minority pick...).
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Biden, sanders, Hillary Clinton.

It's still her turn. Plus she only lost because of.russia.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Biden, sanders, Hillary Clinton.

It's still her turn. Plus she only lost because of.russia.
WILD CARD! I love it.

It's not going to happen, but I love it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You're probably also the same type of weirdo who would have to change his order if we were at a restaurant and I ordered what you wanted.
Of course I would, I'm going to steal some of your food anyway, and I want to taste as many foods as I can.

You can name your team the Killer B's... Biden, Beto, and Beth.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Killer Bs have the lead!!

If Joe doesn’t molest anyone he could go far.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Biden has been playing this brilliantly so far (aside from all the apologizing for everything under the sun). He entered and immediately started his general election campaign rather than a primary campaign. I feel like all the other Democrats running are hurting their general election odds by trying to out-left each other so extremely. Biden isn't alienating and/or scaring the middle. And as long as he's holding a 20 point lead on the no. 2 guy, he doesn't have to complete for the extreme left.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Fortunately for Christianity, they have more then enough loopholes like, "It's all part of God's plan," and, "The Lord works in mysterious ways."

Even a little kid with cancer can get handwaved away as proof of God's love, so trump is easy to incorporate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Totes, but Hitler, Genghis Khan, all the Russian dictators, Edi Amin, and so on...

There's a massive logic hole in Buttigieg's statement, AND it implies he thinks he knows better than an all knowing deity.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

God works in mysterious ways, His will unknowable.