2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

About time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden really thinks very little of black people.

Incidentally, my buddy from SC, who is black, was in town this week. We got to talking politics and he said if Biden wins the nomination he will not vote. He refuses to vote for Biden. Hates him. Thinks he's racist. I'm guessing he isn't alone in that opinion.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh my. Math is hard.

Mekita updated her twitter bio
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's hilarious.

I also laughed harder than I should have at this:
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Fuck it, new election idea: Let all 3 remaining people (Biden, Trump, Sanders) lick some infected doorknobs. Whoever lives, no medical intervention allowed, wins.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think the Rs are going to start planting more people with tough questions in crowds so Joe can keep losing his cool.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think the Rs are going to start planting more people with tough questions in crowds so Joe can keep losing his cool.
Oh yes, because Trump has been a model of maturity for the past 4 years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I think the Rs are going to start planting more people with tough questions in crowds so Joe can keep losing his cool.
Oh yes, because Trump has been a model of maturity for the past 4 years.
As if that matters to his voters.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Someone lied, and Biden lashed out. Whereas Trump lies AND lashes out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Did you go through the article? First of all, the guy might have facts wrong, but he's not outright lying. Secondly, this is only one of several incidents.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Did you go through the article? First of all, the guy might have facts wrong, but he's not outright lying. Secondly, this is only one of several incidents.
I did! He's lying about what Biden is doing. His ignorance is not an excuse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, like I said they would.
Irony alert.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ha!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden and Sanders both vow to nominate a black woman to SCOTUS.

I'm all for diversity, but shouldn't we be nominating the most qualified person for the job? And I'm talking actual job skills, and not what color their skin is or what they have between their legs. If that happens to be a black woman, perfect! However, if you're going down to the 1,000th name on the list, as they do for civil service jobs, maybe we need to re-think our priorities.

After all, the people on SCOTUS aren't there to represent anyone except the word of the law, which is supposed to be blind.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Read RBG's life story, see what 'qualified' minorities had to overcome to get where they are. Hint: It meant being a lot better than the men around them.

The barriers have been coming down, but there's a lot of legacy there. Whoever they nominate will be ideological, so their race/gender don't really matter.