2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Early on, Biden and Sanders are tied 3-3. Bloomberg is going to win American Samoa and placed well enough in other states that I wonder if he'll switch to running as an independent because he's not going to get the Dem nod without a miracle.
Bloomberg as an I means Trump wins.

538 now says Biden more likely than Sanders, but a contested convention is likely.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Bloomberg as an I means Trump wins.
Yes it does. Of course, so does Sanders winning the nomination.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My impression is that Biden is a Party Man and will keep the status quo, helping strengthen the corrupt system as it stands. Si o no?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: My impression is that Biden is a Party Man and will keep the status quo, helping strengthen the corrupt system as it stands. Si o no?
First half, yes. Second half hard to say with the changes in the Democratic party, but he's not upending healthcare like Sanders wants to.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I haven't heard of any changes to the Deomocratic Party... whoch shouldn't be surprising because I ordinarily actively avoid such things.

But is one of those changes, "Be honest for a change?" All I see from either party is work-shopping ways to strategically phrase things to maximize votes. Victory by trickery and subterfuge.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: But is one of those changes, "Be honest for a change?" All I see from either party is work-shopping ways to strategically phrase things to maximize votes.
Well, duh. Everyone involved is still terrible.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's subterfuge, not honesty. That's fucked up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: It's subterfuge, not honesty. That's fucked up.
Technically, the goal of democracy is "get the most votes." And they try to do that, by saying things people want. I dunno.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If the only way you can get people to vote for your issue is to give it a confusing name, that's fucked up.

If you know you don't have enough evidence to successfully convict a president but impeach him anyway for the optics of it, that's fucked up.

At least republicans are being completely truthful when they say jesus doesn't like abortion, because at least they believe that crazy shit to be actually true.

Your option is to vote for the crazies, or the liars. And they have their hooks deep enough into the system that 3rd parties don't have a real chance. Not a great system of democracy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Thank you, I'll not be taking any follow-up questions.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm excited to vote for none of the above. I might do a write in this year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Don’t want Biden but would vote for him over Trump.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden is a much better option than Sanders.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Biden is a much better option than Sanders.
I'm going to agree.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Bloomberg drops out, endorses Biden. So then there were 3.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Interesting.

I was wondering if Bloomberg or Warren would drop out first.

I assume she's negotiating for a cabinet position or something for her endorsement.

The biggest question now becomes: If Biden gets the nod and it's a contested convention, will Sanders run as an independent? He has threatened to do so in the past. Remember, this is someone the Dems actively colluded against to give Hillary to win in 16. Seems like they're doing it again. Plus, he could be the most successful third party candidate in some time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The biggest question now becomes: If Biden gets the nod and it's a contested convention, will Sanders run as an independent? He has threatened to do so in the past. Remember, this is someone the Dems actively colluded against to give Hillary to win in 16. Seems like they're doing it again. Plus, he could be the most successful third party candidate in some time.
I would think he'd avoid giving Trump the election, but you never know.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: The biggest question now becomes: If Biden gets the nod and it's a contested convention, will Sanders run as an independent? He has threatened to do so in the past. Remember, this is someone the Dems actively colluded against to give Hillary to win in 16. Seems like they're doing it again. Plus, he could be the most successful third party candidate in some time.
I would think he'd avoid giving Trump the election, but you never know.
He has to be pissed at the Dems for fucking him over. It's quite clear there's a genuine effort by the Ds to block him from getting the nod. Don't know if he's spiteful or not. Go in the history books as the most successful third party candidate in history, and potentially make a real run OR bow out and become an also ran again?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Warren's out. Down to 2