2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Is it weird that I'd never heard of Harris' involvement in the evidence troubles with the capital murder case while she was DA? Is it weird that the national press really isn't talking much about it now?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Is it weird that I'd never heard of Harris' involvement in the evidence troubles with the capital murder case while she was DA? Is it weird that the national press really isn't talking much about it now?
No, you'll hear all the garbage now, no matter how small, to be trumped up and blown out of proportion like the world is ending.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hidden Tribes, political quiz. Takes about 5 minutes. I didn't love the questions, as I felt they lacked nuance.

I'm a classical liberal, according to the survey.

But I do agree with the quote for that group.
“I think some people’s situations are challenging, and no matter how hard they work, they can’t get ahead. That’s why I don’t like the Republican Party. They don’t want to help. I think some kinds of people need help, and the government should help them.”
Although, based on their profiles, it seems the most accurate. Passive liberal would, but is too disengaged. I feel halfway between what they call moderate + classic liberal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:But I do agree with the quote for that group.
“I think some people’s situations are challenging, and no matter how hard they work, they can’t get ahead. That’s why I don’t like the Republican Party. They don’t want to help. I think some kinds of people need help, and the government should help them.”
That's a really accurate quote, but I'd be curious to see the opposite result. If the one for the Dems doesn't say "I think some people’s situations are challenging, and no matter how hard they work, they can’t get ahead. That’s why I don’t like the Democratic Party. They want to help. I think some kinds of people need help, and that's tough shit." then the site is biased.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Hidden Tribes, political quiz. Takes about 5 minutes. I didn't love the questions, as I felt they lacked nuance.
Heh... has me at politically disengaged bordering on passive liberal. I wasn't a fan of the questions either. For instance, picking between two things that you want for your kids. I wouldn't call out my kid for not choosing a "creative" option (say kids are playing and mine does something more mechanical rather than painting). But I'm going to nail the kid every time for being disrespectful of their elders.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Hidden Tribes, political quiz. Takes about 5 minutes. I didn't love the questions, as I felt they lacked nuance.
Heh... has me at politically disengaged bordering on passive liberal. I wasn't a fan of the questions either. For instance, picking between two things that you want for your kids. I wouldn't call out my kid for not choosing a "creative" option (say kids are playing and mine does something more mechanical rather than painting). But I'm going to nail the kid every time for being disrespectful of their elders.
My wife took it and got Traditional Conservative. I think this quiz has issues.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden says "poor kids" are just as bright as white kids.

The best part is he said that during a speech to Hispanics and Asians. I'd be shocked he's a legit candidate if Trump wasn't already our president.

Imagine the fucking shitstorm if a Republican had said that same thing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Biden says "poor kids" are just as bright as white kids.
That's half the quote.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
That's half the quote.
I didn't watch the video as I'm listening to Pandora, but that's EXACTLY how CNN is reporting it. I basically just repeated their headline and video summary.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
That's half the quote.
I didn't watch the video as I'm listening to Pandora, but that's EXACTLY how CNN is reporting it. I basically just repeated their headline and video summary.
He then said "wealthy, and Asian, and black, and affluent kids" or something to that effect.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So basically this is more proof that CNN is anti-Biden?

Although, the implication that "poor kids aren't white" still stands.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: He then said "wealthy, and Asian, and black, and affluent kids" or something to that effect.
Yeah, but if you actually listen to it rather than read it you realize that the entire second half of the quote was a result of his hearing the first half come out of his mouth.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Seems pretty racist to me...

https://i.imgur.com/lQi8l0A.mp4
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

BTW, the internets seem to be drooling at the thought of Biden-Trump debates...

Comedy Gold Jerry!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden's team: "He misspoke".

Would such an excuse be allowed if he had an (R) behind his name? I highly doubt it.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: BTW, the internets seem to be drooling at the thought of Biden-Trump debates...

Comedy Gold Jerry!
I agree. It'll be like watching the third installment of Grumpy Old Men
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"no matter who wins, there will be blood in 2020."

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... blood.html

Fingers crossed!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »