2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Exactly.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Trump making excuses for losing already
Trump's claim about 2020 election being rigged by foreign countries is unsubstantiated, reports say
On Monday, President Trump speculated that the 2020 US election would be rigged due to foreign countries printing mail-in ballots. According to several sources, including AFP and the Washington Examiner, there is no evidence to support that a foreign country can spoil millions of mail-in ballots to interfere with the presidential election process.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Here's my take

1 - I think government should help some things, in the interest of national security, etc.
2 - I wouldn't increase it, but I wouldn't decrease it.
3 - I would ban/oppose
4 - LGBTQ rights; but I'm kinda torn on the T rights and how they integrate into society.
5 - Wouldn't ban the gun. Would support the "red flag" law.
6 - I oppose crony corporatism, for the most part.
7 - Build the wall + closedish borders.
8 - I wouldn't ban vaping, I'd treat it like cigarettes, probably.
9 - Back the FDA
10 - I don't seek tax breaks for anyone.
11 - More Libertarian on drugs, but I wouldn't remove all laws.
12 - People.
13 - Supports most personal freedoms.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Current electoral projections

This one has
Democrats 248
Republicans 204
Toss-up: 86 (WI, AZ, PA, NC, and FL); Another 115 votes that are only slightly tilted one way or the other (79 Rep; 36 Dem).

Soooo, looks like Thib + I will be getting a bunch of political ads again this year.

Over the past month, odds have shifted slightly, with Trump's slight lead replaced by Biden's slight lead
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Kentucky is having a primary election tonight.

CNN is there to tell you it's CHAOS!!!!

So are celebrities: However, it's not true. Many responses to Pearlman's tweet are from Kentuckians, even left wing ones, explaining this is overblown bullshit and there is no chaos. However, check out all the comments. People are ignoring the facts, and instead just running with the lie or making up their own lies. My favorite is the woman who calls another a liar for declaring everything is actually fine, then goes on to talk about how things in GA are... The other one came back explaining, "This is about KY."

Second news source indicating all is well with the bipartisan effort to make sure KYers get their votes counted.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

WSJ has an article on how Chinese state-connected individuals have contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to the re-election campaign for Donnie to gain access + influence. Has been happening since he was elected.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not shocking. Nor should it even be reported at this point. The MSM ignored it when Bill did it, why pretend we care now?

However, it does beg the question about why they would fund him when he's gone after them in trade and tried to stop them from becoming the primary tech provider in Europe's comms.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Because he hasn't. He's said a bunch of things, and made some action (admittedly more than his predecessors), but it's barely anything. And, per Bolton's book, he's still a lap dog.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: And, per Bolton's book, he's still a lap dog.
I truly have no idea how much to believe in what Bolton says. End of the day, he sat right there being the lap dog's lap dog. I have no doubt Trump is an ego driven, ignorant, and incompetent boob, but just because Bolton no longer works for him doesn't mean Bolton is suddenly his better.

P.S. They are ALL bought and paid for, and the American citizenry have no real way to take back control of their government.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I truly have no idea how much to believe in what Bolton says. End of the day, he sat right there being the lap dog's lap dog.
He argued. And I don't agree with him on issues, I think he was on the pre-emptive strike against N Korea. Which, maybe isn't a terrible idea, though. He resigned cuz he was tired of the shitty administration being shitty.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: He resigned cuz he was tired of the shitty administration being shitty.
I don't know how anyone works for Trump. As a president, he's an RNG that also generates symbols and letters.

How do you plan and organize someone that is pure chaos?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How do you plan and organize someone that is pure chaos?
Well, if you're Stephen Miller, he listens to your white power + anti-immigration stuff.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

He might, but I'm not sure he listens to anyone. Even if he does, you can't convince me his ability to understand and/or remember what he heard lasts longer than 3 minutes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He might, but I'm not sure he listens to anyone. Even if he does, you can't convince me his ability to understand and/or remember what he heard lasts longer than 3 minutes.
I dunno. I feel like he holds on to some things, mostly to be a troll. Like talking about the heritage of the US at the Tulsa meeting. There are many instances of him using words just to inflame, that I feel like he knows what he's doing. He might not understand complicated things (and thus, why he has no underlying strategy in many areas), but definitely seems to be trying to enrage.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Tripping balls, 4 days out of 7.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

As I've said before, it will ALL make sense if this is all being filmed for a reality show.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

“I’m going to get rid of the bulk of Trump’s $2 trillion tax cut,” Biden said, “and a lot of you may not like that, but I’m going to close loopholes like capital gains and stepped up basis.”
Honestly, do it. Except I need to understand what he means by the capital gains one more.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Except I need to understand what he means by the capital gains one more.
He means the government should have your money, not you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Except I need to understand what he means by the capital gains one more.
He means the government should have your money, not you.
eyeroll