Post by TheCatt »

I'm a fan. I think.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

2020 General Election Thread

Post by Leisher »

I don't think I am.

This is going to completely eliminate third party representation in the elections. It also eliminates "None of the Above", and thus, unfairly forces third party voters to vote for a D or R.

Using me as an example: I will not vote for Biden or Trump under any circumstances. I do not want either of them to be the president. Yet now I have to rank all of the candidates, which means that I have to vote for one of those piles of shit to be president by ranking one over the other.

Anytime there's a split vote in Maine now they are, literally, going to throw away third party votes to promote Ds and Rs. Fuck that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

couldn't one opt-out, and still submit only a single vote? The others get a null vote?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No idea, but if null votes are allowed, unless everyone does it, the outcome is still the same.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This is going to completely eliminate third party representation in the elections. It also eliminates "None of the Above", and thus, unfairly forces third party voters to vote for a D or R.
No, it means 3rd parties finally have a chance for representation, as you can vote for them without throwing away your vote. 3rd parties often need X% of the vote to stay on ballots, or have to re-register each election cycle. This should keep them visible and present.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: This is going to completely eliminate third party representation in the elections. It also eliminates "None of the Above", and thus, unfairly forces third party voters to vote for a D or R.
No, it means 3rd parties finally have a chance for representation, as you can vote for them without throwing away your vote. 3rd parties often need X% of the vote to stay on ballots, or have to re-register each election cycle. This should keep them visible and present.
I disagree completely.

What it does is gives the illusion that your 3rd party vote counts, but in reality they're just going to throw it out whenever the Rs or Ds need a tiebreaker.

When all the votes are counted will it include the ones thrown out? Doesn't seem like it.

And again, "You totally get to vote for a 3rd party!!! *whispering*But you DO have to vote for an R or D and that's really the vote that's going to count..."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What it does is gives the illusion that your 3rd party vote counts, but in reality they're just going to throw it out whenever the Rs or Ds need a tiebreaker.
Go read up on the concept.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: What it does is gives the illusion that your 3rd party vote counts, but in reality they're just going to throw it out whenever the Rs or Ds need a tiebreaker.
Go read up on the concept.
Besides the article?

Let me ask you this:
Can someone vote for a single candidate or must they rank ALL candidates?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Let me ask you this:
Let me ask you this:

Have you read up on ranked voting before?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Let me ask you this:
Let me ask you this:

Have you read up on ranked voting before?
Answer my question and we'll talk.

I'm certainly not going to answer your question after you refused to answer mine. No offense.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Answer my question and we'll talk.

I'm certainly not going to answer your question after you refused to answer mine. No offense.
But if you had read up, you would already know.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Answer my question and we'll talk.

But if you had read up, you would already know.
It was asked previously by someone else as well, so the article sucked.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is from 2016, but still WTF? What am I missing here?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is what disgusts me the most about where we are in politics.

Trump is so vile that people want to pretend another sexual assaulter and possible pedo with dementia is the best course of action. And he brings along a VP who just a few months ago was advocating for people to listen to the women accusing him and believe them.

Trump needs to be shown the door, but Biden isn't a good alternative. I guess he is because he doesn't tweet? He's just as corrupt and evil.

The only way either of these assholes would do something good for the country is if they both dropped out.

As a vet I'm supposed to either vote for someone who called me a "loser" or someone who thinks I'm a "stupid bastard"? No thanks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He's just as corrupt and evil.
Is he? Can you prove this is any way?
Leisher wrote: another sexual assaulter and possible pedo
Alleged assaulter, and ewwww. Stop listening to Alex Jones.
Leisher wrote: or someone who thinks I'm a "stupid bastard"? No thanks.
Can't take a joke, can you?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Is he? Can you prove this is any way?
Nope. He's been in public office for 47 years, yet somehow is a millionaire, has a son who has a cushy job in the Ukraine despite not having any qualifications for it, thinks U.S. troops are beneath him, thinks voters are beneath him (remember him going off on that guy who asked him questions at that plant?), did literally nothing as VP, has contradicted himself multiple times throughout his career both in words and actions, is the current face of one of two parties doing everything they can to oppress Americans, and the list goes on forever. But let's be honest, all I had to answer with is "He's a career politician" and I'd be right.
TheCatt wrote: Alleged assaulter, and ewwww. Stop listening to Alex Jones.
Trump is also an "alleged" assaulter. With Biden we also have lots of video and pictures of him clearly being a fucking creep around women, and yes, little girls. (FYI, two men from the 30s/40s with power and money? I absolutely believe both have taken liberties with women.)

Is the pedo thing something Alex Jones says? Dem talking heads hinted about it as well, although that was definitely loudest before Biden got the nod.
TheCatt wrote: Can't take a joke, can you?
Don't be a dick.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

He is getting paid for SOMETHING through his son getting that job in the ukraine fossil.fuel company. I'd like to see that investigated.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's too bad only FOX will cover it.

https://youtu.be/XgvbZ_8Ip-Q
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: He is getting paid for SOMETHING through his son getting that job in the ukraine fossil.fuel company. I'd like to see that investigated.
The Republican Senate committee who investigated it disagrees with you. They just released their report last week.