Cakedaddy

2020 General Election Thread

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'd like more context.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

As you would expect, CNN isn't talking about it, so I had to go to Fox for more info.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: As you would expect, CNN isn't talking about it, so I had to go to Fox for more info.
Oh noes, someone who speaks all the fucking time misspoke. Clearly she's owned by the Jews, or something.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: As you would expect, CNN isn't talking about it, so I had to go to Fox for more info.
Oh noes, someone who speaks all the fucking time misspoke. Clearly she's owned by the Jews, or something.
If only that "someone who speaks all the fucking time misspoke" mentality was given to the other side as well, but it's not. Granted, it hasn't needed to be used for the past four years, but still...

The reason her saying that is interesting is A) I've never heard a VP put themselves at the top of the ticket. It's a hell of a slip up. B) Have you not heard the conspiracy theory from months ago that Biden will drop out after being sworn in and cite health concerns? That makes this slip up far more fun.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: If only that "someone who speaks all the fucking time misspoke" mentality was given to the other side as well, but it's not. Granted, it hasn't needed to be used for the past four years, but still...
Heh, first thing I immediately thought.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If only that "someone who speaks all the fucking time misspoke" mentality was given to the other side as well, but it's not.
If Trump misspoke once a month, it might be. He "misspeaks" all the time. Which means he's not mis-speaking.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

While I do think the MSM has definitely given Trump shitty treatment since day one, he hasn't done much to prove they shouldn't treat him this way. If he had Carter's demeanor, he'd probably be winning a second term in a landslide. Unfortunately for him, he has King Joffrey's demeanor.

But back to what I was saying about the treatment both sides get, I'd bet money that if you did a poll asking if a president said "misremembering" or there were 57 states, more people would remember the misremembering because that got a lot more press.

The Kamala story is just a person who accidentally displayed her overly ambitious plans or even her true feelings about their ticket. Although, if Biden does step down after winning the election and being sworn in, it becomes something else entirely.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Trump to have undecided vote town hall
ABC News offered to host a similar town hall with Democratic presidential nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden, but ABC News and the campaign were not able to find a mutually agreeable date.
I imagine the conversation like this:

ABC: We can do literally any time between now and the election?

Biden Team: What about never? Can you do Never?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I remember Pelosi saying Biden shouldn't debate Trump at all. Got to say, it's probably the right move. Biden's best move is to let Trump be Trump.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If Trump were to win, do you think we'd get a new Trump who never lies because he no longer has a reason to or a Trump that gets even crazier as he tries to figure out ways to become emperor?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If Trump were to win, do you think we'd get a new Trump who never lies because he no longer has a reason to or a Trump that gets even crazier as he tries to figure out ways to become emperor?
Crazier.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Normalized relations between historical enemies left and right.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Obama releasing memoirs right after the election.

Even CNN hints that the timing is interesting. Makes one wonder if the book is not flattering to Biden.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden staffer is an active racist.

You can't blame any candidate for shit like this. It's not like they put "noted racist" on their resume.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I voted. Have to mail it in still, but my choices are done.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I voted. Have to mail it in still, but my choices are done.
In the mail.

Feels weird to vote so early, even before any debates. But, let's face it, it's easy to have your mind made up early this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Right on time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »