2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: The whole point of gerrymandering is....
Only two states don't allow a gubernatorial veto of the redistricting plans.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
Right. So if the legislature and the governor are the same party, with 51% control....
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote:
Right. So if the legislature and the governor are the same party, with 51% control....
Then win more elections. You can't gerrymander the governorship. Somehow the Republicans did it. Soil should be fertile with Trump in office for Democrats.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Then win more elections. You can't gerrymander the governorship. Somehow the Republicans did it
51% of the people shouldn't have 70% of the representation.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: Then win more elections. You can't gerrymander the governorship. Somehow the Republicans did it
So no more electoral college?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
So no more electoral college?
I'm certainly open to modification of the electoral college. 1 person 1 vote should matter, and not give Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, etc disproportionate power.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: I heard that if they weed out the illegals, the Democrats would lose 9 house seats just in representation. The population shift for representation would cause states like CA with a huge illegal population to lose house members.
And there's your reason for why they want the citizenship question off the census.
Also explains the logic behind sanctuary cities.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: I'm certainly open to modification of the electoral college. 1 person 1 vote should matter, and not give Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, etc disproportionate power.
Because it was specifically set up that way in the constitution for a reason. There are many, many examples of what happens when you let retards from the cities start regulating the folks that produce the food. It usually ends up with mass starvation and people in mass graves.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I'm certainly open to modification of the electoral college. 1 person 1 vote should matter, and not give Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, etc disproportionate power.
Because it was specifically set up that way in the constitution for a reason. There are many, many examples of what happens when you let retards from the cities start regulating the folks that produce the food. It usually ends up with mass starvation and people in mass graves.
You could still have the electoral college, just with more representative points/score. So winning 99% of California + 5 other state still doesn't win you an election.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think the electoral college is fine where it's at because both sides complain about it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If they want the flyover states to feel like heir voices mean even less than they already think they do, then go ahead and kill the EC. It'll bring it all down faster, and after a few years of slaughter we can put in a system that works.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: If they want the flyover states to feel like heir voices mean even less than they already think they do, then go ahead and kill the EC. It'll bring it all down faster, and after a few years of slaughter we can put in a system that works.
The flyovers are already more equal than everyone else, what else do they want?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

For their voices to not mean less than they think they already do. Kill the EC, and suddenly they have zero voice in the federal government. That's not the way to treat the people who feed you.

Which is why I vote that it happens. Almost as good as a Purge.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Almost as good as a Purge.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes the coasts to figure out where their food comes from.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Really, I'm curious what would happen.... 50 million people streaming out of the cities looking for food, versus 70 million red state gun owners with the food. Will be an interesting matchup.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ya’ll been reading the Breibart comments again.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: Almost as good as a Purge.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes the coasts to figure out where their food comes from.
I'm afraid it would be the Soviet Union all over again. The government would seize the farms and put them in collectives and a lot of people will starve to death.
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Really, I'm curious what would happen.... 50 million people streaming out of the cities looking for food, versus 70 million red state gun owners with the food. Will be an interesting matchup.
I suspect a lot of them would be fed and turned back as long as they didn't get too pushy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: For their voices to not mean less than they think they already do. Kill the EC, and suddenly they have zero voice in the federal government. That's not the way to treat the people who feed you.

Which is why I vote that it happens. Almost as good as a Purge.
They're already over-represented. Sucks to lose being special, I guess. I didn't say kill the EC, I'm saying taking the senator votes away from it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

In Thursday night’s presidential debate on NBC, all 10 Democratic hopefuls showed support for access to health care for everyone—regardless of immigration status.