2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I give it 50/50 odds Trump will make it to reelection... either because of assassination, impeachment and conviction, or he'll just get bored at some point and say, "Fuck it, I'm out. You're up, Pence."

That being said, I was wondering today.... what happens if a write-in actually wins? Is there some big process to verify write-in votes.... do they throw out misspellings, and stuff like that? I don't see the Rs and Ds fixing themselves in time to do anything, so just daydreaming about someone rich doing a write-in campaign.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Re: 2020 General Election Thread

Post by Malcolm »

Write-in? Hahahahahahaha. What do you think we live in, a republic?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Each state handles write ins differently. I don't think all of the states allow them. I know Kentucky allows write in votes, but they have to be for legit candidates. For instance, Castle from the Constitution party wasn't on the ballot here, but we could write him in.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Vote for Kanye.
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Celeprident.

Celebrident.

Hmmm.

Presidity?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I remember those heady days when the Governor of Alaska didn't have enough experience to be VP, but the one term, junior senator from Illinois was good enough for the Presidency.... and all said with an angry, straight face, by angry, little people.

But then we got Trump, and all bets are off.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote: I remember those heady days when the Governor of Alaska didn't have enough experience to be VP, but the one term, junior senator from Illinois was good enough for the Presidency.... and all said with an angry, straight face, by angry, little people.
The governor of Alaska was positively painful to watch during any interview or debate, and she's only veered further into the crazy lane as time's gone on.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Vince

Post by Vince »

I'm thinking Tom Hanks could walk away with this in 4 years.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vince wrote: I'm thinking Tom Hanks could walk away with this in 4 years.
I'm thinking Colin Hanks could walk away with it in 4 years. Jermaine Jackson could walk away with it in 4 years.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Biden for the jack-asses. I'll make him my early front runner.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden won't say yes or no for 2020 run.

Also, why am I seeing people hinting that he's a pedophile? (FB comments)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There are pics of him on stage touching children with familiarity. Looks innocent to me, but partisans gonna partisan.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: There are pics of him on stage touching children with familiarity. Looks innocent to me, but partisans gonna partisan.
People suck.
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: There are pics of him on stage touching children with familiarity. Looks innocent to me, but partisans gonna partisan.
It's not just young girls. Married women also. You can look at some of the video. It's creepy. Don't think he's really a perv. Just boundary issues, probably brought on by his brain damage from the aneurysm.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Remember when polls showed Hillary with a big lead?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I remember when the democrats ran on, "I know you're smarter than those idiots over there."

I haven't seen anything different, yet.

But then people are really happy with how Obamacare made insurance really affordable and good, so that might give them 2020.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Remember when polls showed Hillary with a big lead?
To be fair, the polling data was correct at election time. Interpretation was flawed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oprah says not running
“I’ve always felt very secure and confident with myself in knowing what I could do and what I could not. And so it’s not something that interests me. I don’t have the DNA for it,” Ms. Winfrey told InStyle Magazine Thursday.

She said that she was approached by someone who offered to help put her campaign together, but the television mogul said, “That’s just not for me.”
I'll be honest, I know that "I don't have the DNA for it" is a phrase... but I interpreted it as "I'm not white/male"

So did this random FBer
Oprah "doesn't have the DNA" for a presidential run? Is there a more pretentious way to say some racist shit without sounding racist? I used to think Oprah was so wholesome until the past several months.