2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well awesome. Completely legit, then. Biden 2020.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Well awesome. Completely legit, then. Biden 2020.
If you're going to make uninformed statements, why get so snarky when the information is there?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Because this is one of those cases where you're looking at all parts of the duck, but someone said it isn't a duck and that must be definitive.

Or maybe every little boy dreams of growing up to be an oil executive in the Ukraine when that happens to be a political hotspot for the last 10 years, and it's just a coincidence his father has been high up in the USA political structure for decades. I may just be out of touch.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm way more likely to believe that republican committee found no wrongdoing, because "Funnel my bribe money through my kids" is the best way to not get caught for all of them.

edit - It's unfortunate we don't have a functioning "4th branch of government" interested in actually investigating democrats.

final edit - I don't think there's anything you can say to make me believe any "we investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing" reports from the US government.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The sole silver lining of Biden.

I want Trump out, although I wouldn't be so sure if there wasn't a pandemic affecting the economy (I still wouldn't vote for him though), but I do not think someone like Biden is a great answer for reasons stated multiple times.

However, the linked article is the primary reason I am fine with Biden winning. I don't agree with the majority of what he stands for, but not allowing the Dem party to continue sliding to the extreme would be a good result of his term.

And just FYI, the primary reason I would be fine with Trump winning is just for the comedy. (I'm not kidding.)

I'm still officially rooting for a double stroke during the debate resulting in Pence vs Harris.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Biden + Harris each released their 2019 tax returns today.

I think it should be law to have the disclosure. And maybe not just Pres + Veep
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I could get behind a "all electeed officials must have financial transparency" law.

Make them get more creative about hiding illicit $ (like funneling it through their kids).
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I could get behind a "all electeed officials must have financial transparency" law.

Make them get more creative about hiding illicit $ (like funneling it through their kids).
We already have financial disclosure laws. But I think we should have more details. Tax returns are a very good source of details.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Who won the geriatric slap fight?
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Who won the geriatric slap fight?
Sadly, not the meteor.

It's awful. Chris Wallace is a saint. Trump cannot stop interrupting Biden and Chris. Biden certainly has a speech impediment but seems to still be sharp enough. Trump's version of debating is very reality TV, it's awful. Can't get a truthful word out if he tried.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Who won the geriatric slap fight?
Depends who you ask. Left is giddy Biden called Trump a clown. Right thinks Trump stomped Biden, except for Shapiro who said he has "no idea who won the debate, but America lost."

Most of the middle people I know think the whole thing was a complete embarrassment to our country. Just two old geezers screaming over each other and the moderator. Comedian Mark Normand said if you remove the suits and backdrop you'd see the same thing on the shuffle board court of any senior home.
Troy wrote: Sadly, not the meteor.
I was very disappointed that my phone didn't blow up announcing that they both stroked out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

https://i.imgur.com/6ln8Rke.mp4
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's the least amount I've ever seen Biden grope a woman.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That video isn't as good as the one I saw of him tugging at her arm like he was trying to get her to hug him.

Shocking that a golddigger doesn't show love.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Proud Boys are taking over reddit /r/pics
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Heh. Don't feel too badly for the... racists? Are proud boys racists?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

True story, I had never heard of the Proud Boys until the debate. At least I don't think I had.

Turns out I don't hang out with any white supremacists.

I do know how to throw up the gang sign for bloods though, so...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Heh. Don't feel too badly for the... racists? Are proud boys racists?
Yes, as per the FBI there is a fair amount of white supremacism in their ranks.
Leisher wrote: True story, I had never heard of the Proud Boys until the debate. At least I don't think I had.
Odd, reading CNN, I figure they would have mentioned them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Odd, reading CNN, I figure they would have mentioned them.
Not that I've noticed, but I've been intentionally avoiding a lot of their opinion/analysis pieces.

It would be interesting to see how much each MSM outlet mentions the KKK, Proud Boys, white supremacy, etc. versus Black Panthers, Antifa, etc. and in what context.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My dollar is that this is more sensationalism. I've said before... these "white supremacy movements" are nothing more than groups of 6 redneck racists, here and there. But there are political points to be made.

4 liberals in KKK robes showing up for a Tea Party demonstration = "KKK SUPPORTS TEA PARTY" headlines. Clicks are more important than facts.

I don't actually think the world is as terrible and evil as the media reports... but I do think that people are dishonest as hell, and that's enough to ruin everything.