2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Vince wrote:
Troy wrote: Why the fuck do we care about Iowa again? This has got to change.
It should be decided in CA where delegates can choose their candidate by which square of sidewalk they shit on.
Dodging the dig - If the votes are tallied in a timely fashion, does anyone care about how they are cast?

Stones, Poop, I honestly don't care. I really like the ink fingers they use in Middle East. At the end of the day, just get your states results in, without a fuss, and move on.

The IDNC's failure to launch, in a critical moment for the DNC, should get them pushed to the back of the line for good.
Last edited by Troy on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Did I just see Bernie's getting fucked over again?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Did I just see Bernie's getting fucked over again?
Common theme among Republicans. They reallllyy want him to win it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Barring a financial meltdown of biblical proportions, I think I'm seeing the microcosm of why Trump is going to be President for four more years. The introspection on the part of the left on how they could have lost in '16 didn't even last until the inauguration. It became about Russia and Trump collusion. Blame is better to give than receive. It couldn't have been that Democrats ran a shitty candidate that couldn't even be bothered to go campaign in swing states. It couldn't have been a bad campaign. It had to have been because Trump CHEATED!

Now the Democrats in Iowa hire a firm has a lot of the same people that ran their shitty campaign in '16 to write the software and apparently they can't run an app company any better than they can run a Presidential campaign. Obviously the problem is stupid country rubes that can't count. It would be much better to remove Iowa as the first caucus and make it someplace important like California or New York. That way we can continue to scream into the echo chamber that cost us the election last time.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

Post by Troy »

“Stupid country rubes that hired a bunch of Hillary staffers to run their caucus for them”

Why are you deflecting the blame so hard for these country rubes? It was their money that created this app*? *and Pete Buttigieg, for reasons I don’t understand yet.

E: do I think that the average NY and CA person can help design an app better than the average country rube? Yes, yes I do.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: E: do I think that the average NY and CA person can help design an app better than the average country rube? Yes, yes I do.
I know that's not you being elitist, even though at face value it is, and I get the logic behind it. However, I'm not sure it's accurate. There are a LOT of stupid people on the coasts. Just because someone's in a blue state doesn't necessarily mean they're better with technology.

And this is all qualified by the fact that you said "average". Most people don't have the slightest idea how to change the clock on their stove, let alone design an app.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Troy wrote: E: do I think that the average NY and CA person can help design an app better than the average country rube? Yes, yes I do.
I went average to make it a safer statement. The chance is still small that a random sampled "average person" has any app development experience, BUT... I know NY and CA have vigorous mobile app development industries. I've not heard anything about Iowa's app scene.

Better shot at the average random in NY and CA having some xp with them, was the thought process.

Ask 10 randoms in a SF bar if they have an APP or an APP idea. it's gotta be 9/10. Our group even wanted to make one - for rating ONLY Brussels sprouts at various restaurants. We designed the rating scale but for some reason it never got off the ground.

e: Which is why they should not have paid Hillary's bumble of idiots and gone with the stones-in-the-maester's-basket, is all I'm saying.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Ask 10 randoms in a SF bar if they have an APP or an APP idea. it's gotta be 9/10.
That's a fair point, but is it realistic? Ask 10 randoms in a LA bar if they have a screenplay or screenplay idea. It's gotta be 9/10. :D

Point is, does living near Silicon Valley and talking about apps make you knowledgeable about app design and creation? I think you're right that it's far more likely, but still not a guarantee. People in Iowa have a lot of time on their hands.

Plus, didn't Obama go to a major city, Toronto?, to get the ACA site developed? How many billions (I still laugh at a website costing billions) was that thing over budget and how far behind schedule?

This is actually an interesting sidebar, but let me get back on topic...

The whole app thing was moronic. If you're going to do it, design it now for 2024. Don't start a few months prior to it being needed and then not bother to test it. You're 100% right there. However, does Iowa get all the blame? I'm sure the DNC had a hand in it.

And serious question: Does this costs the Dems votes? This is not a good look for a party that talks about progress. I have to assume at least elderly voters are going to bitch and complain about "change" and how everything broke.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
The whole app thing was moronic. If you're going to do it, design it now for 2024. Don't start a few months prior to it being needed and then not bother to test it. You're 100% right there. However, does Iowa get all the blame? I'm sure the DNC had a hand in it.

And serious question: Does this costs the Dems votes? This is not a good look for a party that talks about progress. I have to assume at least elderly voters are going to bitch and complain about "change" and how everything broke.

I think it starts the election year off on a bad track for the DNC.

It's nearly 5PM pacific and they still haven't released full results. This is a spectacular failure on the part of of the Iowa Democrats. Burn that establishment to the ground.

Big corporate would have fired everyone and hired consultants already...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So far it looks like Buttigieg is winning with Sanders close behind. Warren and Biden are trailing by about 10 points.

Did anyone expect these results?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I just now learned Buttpluggy is gay.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I just now learned Buttpluggy is gay.
The important part of that is Iowa, a "fly over state", voted for him. This flies in the face of what elitists on the coasts always say about them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This flies in the face of what elitists on the coasts always say about them.
Well, 1/4 of 1/2 of Iowa did.

And, then there's this: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... y-n1130696
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I just now learned Buttpluggy is gay.
TheCatt wrote: And, then there's this: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... y-n1130696
Hmmmmm.... :D

That woman should probably spend more time researching candidates instead of sitting at the buffet. Maybe she should even research the parties, because I'm betting her beliefs line up a lot more with Republicans than Democrats.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

i bet the boomers are laughing their asses off over this.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden bashing Buttigieg for his lack of experience and just being a mayor.

CNN responds using Biden's own words against him.

CNN really doesn't want Biden to get the nod.

In other news from a link I lost, I saw Iowa voter turnout was 25% lower than when Obama ran. That's not a good sign for Dems.

Do you think the candidates don't excite voters or the voters aren't exactly motivated to dump Trump?

Meanwhile, Bloomberg lays out his immigration plans...vaguely.

Immigration is one of the areas I think Dems lose votes. I think the American people want immigration, but they don't want open borders.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

At this point, I want a moderate Democrat, and we'll end up with 4 more years of Trump.