2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Our deductible has gone through the roof with the ACA. Not sure how much more "help" we can afford.

Not sure our budget can handle another $3T+ per year.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah but if you like your doctor, you can keep it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

The government helped create the insurance mess to begin with. It's insanity to think they're the solution.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I mention things from time to time that "helped me develop my opinion that people are garbage."

The democrats loudly supporting the ACA when it was up for vote, in spite of no one having read the bill (we have to pass it to see what it says ~Pelosi), and in spite of the details that were verbally released made absolutely no sense to anyone who took Econ 111. There was never any way in hell that costs were going to go down, while millions of new people were being subsidized. There was no way in hell that forcing people to use private insurance companies, the cause of the problems to begin with, was ever going to lower costs. And yet, if you point out those simple facts, you are decried as a racist. Because Obama, I guess. It was a gift to the insurance companies, and lots of people knew it, and absolutely nothing could be done about it. Too many useful idiots shilling for it.

People are garbage.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: People are garbage.
I don't think that's fair. Don't get me wrong, a LOT of people are indeed garbage.

However, I always have liked Tommy Lee Jones' Men In Black quote:
"A person is smart. People are scared, stupid sheep."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

As a man who had a fast-food drive through order fucked up last week, fuck $15 an hour for those animals.
Vince

Post by Vince »

If they think a minimum wage is not bad for the economy and truly care about the low wage earner, they'd tie it to inflation the way SS benefits are now. Then they would never have to revisit the issue. Which is why they will never do it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: As a man who had a fast-food drive through order fucked up last week, fuck $15 an hour for those animals.
Preach!

I wonder if there are stats for how often drive thru orders get fucked up? I guarantee you, it's a LOT.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I wonder if there are stats for how often drive thru orders get fucked up? I guarantee you, it's a LOT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWfaiTLPUKQ
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Does the Post lean right? There is no "pro-Bernie" spin on that story.
I think many on the left are trying to push him out early. He's kind of the communist version of Ron Paul. He has a core of strong base support, but he will likely never extend much beyond that. The longer he's in, the more damage he does to the eventual nominee by driving them further left.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Know what's exhausting?

If a Dem wins in 2020, that's fine. Don't care. But there's going to be all this rejoicing and celebrating on the left, tons of Euphoria, fetishizing of the new president elect, and a lot of nasty "in your face."

And then over the next four years it will be Obama all over again. Ignoring the horseshit, and the lies, and the poor statecraft, and the incompetence. And we'll be back to "you're just too stupid if you don't understand it," and in 10 years, when the horseshit is too obvious to ignore, none of them will peddle back and admit, "Yeah, a lot of people DID see it for what it was." No one learns nothin. Next president.

And around and around we go.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

American Indian claims to have predicted 2008 recession, has a plan to stop the next one, and says Trump is responsible for Brexit.

CNN explains what they think is Trump's re-election strategy, why it could work, and why it probably won't.

Did nobody learn anything in 2016? Seems like the left considers 2020 a foregone conclusion that Trump is going to lose. The GOP thought Trump was a joke and ignored him. The DNC did the same. Look where we are now...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They forget the subhumans in the flyover states still get to vote.
Vince

Post by Vince »

They also forget that the entire Dem field running is showing themselves to be batshit insane. The Democrats had a good chance of walking away with 2020. All they had to do was not be crazy. They've failed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's really hard to practice what you preach.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Post by Vince »

You know you've crossed the Rubicon when Bernie Sanders is telling you your economics are a fantasy.