2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I'll be honest, I know that "I don't have the DNA for it" is a phrase... but I interpreted it as "I'm not white/male"
I could see that. I also understand it's a phrase.

Knowing what I know about Oprah, I can't rule either out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

President De La Hoya?

If he runs, this could cripple whoever the Dems nominate.

That might lead to "four more years"...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bloomberg has thrown money and support behind Democrats and is attacking Republicans on abortion and gun policies.
He lost my vote on the gun policies bit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden says no to 2020 so far.

I have seen hints here and there that Biden might have some #metoo liabilities in his past. Makes one wonder why he wouldn't run when victory would be pretty within reach.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Some peeps are beyond the ability of #metoo to affect them. Media would ignore his accusations, if he were the only way to get trump out of office.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Biden says no to 2020 so far.

I have seen hints here and there that Biden might have some #metoo liabilities in his past. Makes one wonder why he wouldn't run when victory would be pretty within reach.
That would surprise me. Not because he isn't creepy, but because he was a senator forever and Presidential candidate... what? Two? Three times? And then VP pick. I just can't imagine any real allegations are out there on him. But he's been kind of creepy inappropriate in the past.

I'd guess he's downplaying a run because it's really too early right now. The front runner in either party at the offset usually flames out pretty quick.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

People want Michelle Obama to run.

Each person who wants this should be bitch slapped and have their right to vote revoked.

This isn't a slam against Michelle. This is a slam against unqualified people running for president. I guarantee this is the same type of people who said Trump wasn't qualified, so why would they think Michelle is qualified? Because she sleeps with Barrack?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Vince wrote: I just can't imagine any real allegations are out there on him.
Since when do they have to be real?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote:
Right?
Vince

Post by Vince »

Cakedaddy wrote:
Obviously since he has the magic D next to his name. While the MSM will run stories of someone being told by someone else that they were at the party where Kavanaugh raped an Ethiopian 7 year old girl, the same media dismissed out of hand the Enquirer story about Edwards meeting his baby momma at a hotel and running from a reporter. Even though a simple call to the night manager of the named hotel could verify the story.

But media aside, most of the most brutal stories about candidates come to light due to members of their own party that they are running against in the primary. Clinton or Obama would have outed him in 2008.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That ruins the lives of so many kids.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There is a "thing" on Twitter right now where all these official accounts and minor celebs are tweeting a "Why Arianna Grande and Pete Davidson really broke up" story with a link. It's a trick to get people to register to vote.

Tens of thousands of people have clicked the link, but as one person commented: "The people clicking this link are probably not people we want voting. We need educated and informed voters."

This is American politics in 2018.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

At this point I don't want anyone voting except me :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is about the current election, but I didn't know where else to put it.

Absentee ballots tossed, so "Racism!"

300 out of 595 rejected ballots belonged to minorities, thus it's a problem. Or you can look at the unspoken part of that: "We don't give a fuck about white people's ballots that were tossed."

Hey, remember when all those absentee ballots from military members were tossed in a hotly contested race by Democrats? Weird how they're so quick to scream "voter suppression", yet have no problem doing it against people who will probably vote against them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hillary will run in 2020.

If the Ds nominate her again...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cory Booker? More like Cory Blacker, eh? amirite?