The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The Democratic Party

Post by Vince »

I really don't fault him for ending up with sister-in-law unless he was married at the time. Not sure if he was or not. It's not uncommon for that sort of thing to happen. The shared grief does stuff.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: The shared grief does stuff.
Fair point. I know the divorce rate among couples that have lost are child are astronomically high.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The Democratic Party

Post by Vince »

From what I've seen, the in-law romances usually don't last. Shared grief is not a good foundation for a relationship. With the couples that have lost children I suspect if they aren't moving ahead together and one gets too far ahead in the process while the other is still very mired, I would imagine it just starts to feel unhealthy for the one that's able to heal. I'd think they feel like they're getting pulled back into it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I'm shocked and appalled.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

It's somewhat comforting to know the last two humans on Earth will fight to the death arguing over how to save the species.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's somewhat comforting to know the last two humans on Earth will fight to the death arguing over how to save the species.
I hope it's two trans people.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

I haven't been following the political news. I saw a right winger post that Pelosi is putting together a team to investigate how Trump's administration handled the cornoavirus situation. Is that true?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Kind of. It's to monitor the 2 trillion $ of appropriated money is spent. Trump agreed to an oversight panel for the business loans and grants, but also wrote an objection to said panel as a signing note on the legislation, indicating he may not follow through on action.

Since the executive branch is distributing the monies, the administration, by default, is the subject of the committee
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

That sounds fair. No wonder I couldn't find a news article about it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That sounds fair. No wonder I couldn't find a news article about it.
It's hard to find any good information about anything these days. The WSJ did a shitty, shitty op-ed article on it, not quite with the slant your right winger gave, but a similarly poor quality take. There perspective was "Why now?" Guess what, oversight now means it might do something. Oversight after the fact just gets "Oh, ooops"
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

MJ stands by his "Republicans buy sneakers too" comment and staying out of politics.

That's a good business move. Additionally, he didn't rubber stamp his preferred letter:
My mother asked to do a PSA for Harvey Gantt, and I said, 'Look, Mom, I'm not speaking out of pocket about someone that I don't know. But I will send a contribution to support him.' Which is what I did.
I really respect that.

Now let's compare that to another famous person who has the same preferred letter:
Alyssa Milano on Brett Kavanaugh.

"We must believe women."

This was despite all the evidence destroying his accuser's claims like her own statement about not remembering anything, naming people as witnesses who weren't there, other witnesses stating she was making the whole thing up, and so on.

Alyssa Milano on Joe Biden.

"Men deserve due process."

When you're that blatantly hypocritical, how do you look yourself in the mirror?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair, she said we need to believe survivors (in the one article I read), so she's decided that Kavanaugh was guilty, and Biden isn't :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Ds want gay guy to withdraw from Senate race due to a racy text that wasn't even his.

I'm guessing there's more going on here than what we're being told.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Ds want gay guy to withdraw from Senate race due to a racy text that wasn't even his.

He misunderstands what sexual harassment is.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Ds want gay guy to withdraw from Senate race due to a racy text that wasn't even his.

He misunderstands what sexual harassment is.
What kind of world do we live in when we can't suggest a co-worker's sexual needs can only be fulfilled via a gangbang?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Upstart beats longtime, and very entrenched in progressivism, Dem.

Interesting result considering Clay's leanings and endorsements.

Also, a huge fan of her throwing up the black power fist at her victory speech. We need more racists in DC.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy

The Democratic Party

Post by Troy »

Bonus meme today before I get back to actual work.

Was watching fox news for them breaking - and lamenting - the Harris selection. Because she "isn't liberal enough". Which is the point?

So I made this.

Meme format: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cv_NLi7f4o