Socialism is as stupid an idea as the wall. That's the real problem. We've got two parties going to war over how to best waste taxpayer money.
Here's why the wall is ignorant:
1. It's going to cost a metric fuckton.
2. It will be completely ineffective.
Penn & Teller had a show called bullshit where they took the actual plans for a proposed border wall and had illegals they grabbed from outside a Home Depot build it. Once done, they then had the illegals try to go over, under, and through it. All were successful in ridiculously fast times.
Build the wall out of solid steel. Bury it 30 feet underground. Have it stand 50 feet tall and line it with razor wire.
It doesn't matter. It will NOT stop people with nothing but time.
If you want to stop illegals you can't plug the hole because the hole is infinite. You need to instead remove their incentive.
1. Invest in their countries. We spend trillions around the world. There's no reason we can't start swinging our big American dick to the south and start boosting, at the very least, Mexico.
2. Immediately legalize marijuana federally.
3. Make it a violation of federal law to provide public funds/support to illegals. Take all the funds and law enforcement previously used against pot and use it here. Arrest politicians who pass laws funneling money/aid to illegals, try them in federal court, and imprison them. Stop playing grab ass and start locking people up. The free ride for 11 million people needs to end.
Point being, make it unattractive for illegals to come here and they'll stop. Some wall isn't going to stop them as long as once they get past it they're giving free money, free education, free health care, etc.
NOTE: "Illegals" is the key word. This does NOT, in any way, apply to legal immigrants, those on visas, tourists, etc.
“I'm proud to introduce our new head coach, Mike Tomlin”
― Dan Snyder