The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Reddit quarantines The_Donald sub-reddit. I go there from time to time just to see, and it's a cesspool. They were quarantined for inciting violence against police officers (specifically the notion that Oregon would send police looking for missing Republican state senators, or some such).
Have these people never seen an Antifa rally? Or BLM? Very selective enforcement, me thinks.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Reddit quarantines The_Donald sub-reddit. I go there from time to time just to see, and it's a cesspool. They were quarantined for inciting violence against police officers (specifically the notion that Oregon would send police looking for missing Republican state senators, or some such).
Have these people never seen an Antifa rally? Or BLM? Very selective enforcement, me thinks.
I guess the question is "Does antifas on reddit call for death of policemen?"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Good point. I'd like to know the answer to that. Or not just police, but say... conservatives or anyone they label as "Alt-right".
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Good point. I'd like to know the answer to that. Or not just police, but say... conservatives or anyone they label as "Alt-right".
Antifa was banned 6 months ago. Not just quarantined. TheDonald still exists, antifa was purged.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Weird definition of "banned". Though I'm guessing this is a new group. Scrolling through some of the posts, they're much more tame there than their protests would indicate.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Weird definition of "banned". Though I'm guessing this is a new group. Scrolling through some of the posts, they're much more tame there than their protests would indicate.
Yeah, new group from the ashes...
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Saw a copy of an email on Twitter last night that the closing of this sub was prompted by a D senator. The Reddit exec had told him that they had issues with some of the moderator not doing their jobs and they were ensuring they were replaced, but overall their stance was free speech and this sub-reddit wasn't going to be held to a different standard. Then they went ahead and closed it. At this point it seems like these tech companies are trying really hard to get congress to step in.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Jimmy Carter says Russians helped Trump win the presidency, and therefore, he is an illegitimate president.

Someone explain to me how these people are different from the "birthers".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I remember what a crisis it was when Trump wouldn't agree to accepting the results of the election before he won. Democracy was at stake.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Just tweeted (how else) that he was going to South Korea next and the tweet was his communication asking to Kim to meet him in the demilitarized zone. Wild.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, that's how millennials communicate.

Maybe he's using his inner child to run the country?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

He's not very good at this.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Just tweeted (how else) that he was going to South Korea next and the tweet was his communication asking to Kim to meet him in the demilitarized zone. Wild.
Surely they had prepped for that before, and it wasn't just a spontaneous tweet?

WSJ: It was a spontaneous tweet and staffers had zero plans.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Maybe we're all wrong because it worked.

CNN declares Trump's SK/NK visit a political win.

I guess this is politics now?
"@Putin Yo, I know we've had some incidents in Alaska. Before things escalate, why don't you hit me up in my DM and we'll sort this out? #givepeaceachance"

Trump thinking of naming NK as a nuclear nation...

Is there an exasperated emoji?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump: [Homelessness is] a phenomenon that started two years ago

Facts: According to data from the Department of Housing and Urban Development, homelessness overall has decreased by 15% since 2007. Between 2016 and 2018, the rate of homelessness has stayed between 550,000 to 553,000 per year, the HUD figures show.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Have they been concentrating on the west coast, lately? I thought I saw something that the population in SanFran was way up.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Have they been concentrating on the west coast, lately? I thought I saw something that the population in SanFran was way up.
SF homeless appears to be roughly same as 4 years ago, and up 15% since 2011.

LA apparently has 6x the # of homeless people that SF does.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Have they been concentrating on the west coast, lately? I thought I saw something that the population in SanFran was way up.
SF homeless appears to be roughly same as 4 years ago, and up 15% since 2011.

LA apparently has 6x the # of homeless people that SF does.
There are blocks full of tents in LA. There are just tent corners and underpasses in SF.

e: and unlike LA, SF has mandated street sweeps with pressure washers as deterrent/cleanup now. Doesn’t solve the humans - they always come back - but it keeps the streets cleaner for a few week.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Size of LA: 503 mi²
Size of SF: 46.87 mi²

So that makes the problem more apparent. And it's not like you can just walk in any direction to get out of SF.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

1. I have no idea how Trump thinks homelessness is a new issue.
2. That "cleanup" in SF sounds about as effective as putting a sponge on the beach to stop the tide.