The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
"Germany is a captive of Russia," Trump said at a meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, his first since arriving in the Belgian capital. "It's very inappropriate."

Trump went on to complain that the United States is expected to "defend them against Russia," despite Germany making "billions of dollars" in energy payments to Moscow.

"I think it's something that NATO has to look at," Trump said. "Germany is totally controlled by Russia."
Every time he does a dumb thing, I think he cannot do a dumber thing, and yet... more dumb.
Actually, I think he's right on this one. Germany is getting 70% of their gas from Russia via the pipeline. Poland, Ukraine and one or two others are not getting their energy needs from Russia for this very reason. Trump went on to say that trade was good and he wasn't against trade with Russia, but when your turning over your nations energy security over to one of the countries that you're expecting us to help protect you against... that doesn't seem prudent. I just heard the full audio. See if you can find it. If you overlook his stupid manner of speech, the substance here is hard to argue against.

Reagan said that the cold war would have been for nothing if Russia builds a pipeline.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: . Germany is getting 70% of their gas from Russia via the pipeline.
And natural gas = 20% of their power needs, so 14% of their power/energy needs come from Russia.

Pretty far from "totally controlled by"
Vince wrote: but when your turning over your nations energy security over to one of the countries that you're expecting us to help protect you against
I don't think they have. It's certainly a point worth talking about. But Trump's statements are way off the mark.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: . Germany is getting 70% of their gas from Russia via the pipeline.
And natural gas = 20% of their power needs, so 14% of their power/energy needs come from Russia.

Pretty far from "totally controlled by"
True, but 19 million homes are heated with Natural gas. That's about half their country. They threaten to cut the supply in the middle of the winter, then their balls are in a vice.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Meh, they're Germans. Cold like their hearts. Also, nearly every country has large NG storage to help work against fluctuations. In fact, Germany has the largest storage in the EU, and could fuel the country for at least 80 days at normal utilization. Add in rationing, and they could make it several months.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I honestly think he speaks in a language that only contains hyperbole.

Maybe if we had an interpreter he might sound smarter?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I honestly think he speaks in a language that only contains hyperbole.

Maybe if we had an interpreter he might sound smarter?
On this in particular, I heard the entire thing and was for some reason better able to filter out the hyperbole. That's an astute observation.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Wtf - didn’t see this one coming. They arrested brick lady. Shown with brick. Image
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Wtf - didn’t see this one coming. They arrested brick lady. Shown with brick.
God damned Trump supporters.

Maybe we should have known, you know, since they didn't mention race at all in the article.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Wtf - didn’t see this one coming.
I did:
Leisher wrote: I'd love to know what these attackers look like
TheCatt wrote: Maybe we should have known, you know, since they didn't mention race at all in the article.
That's what tipped me off.

The MSM is always quick to say "white" when someone who even looks remotely white is involved in something race related.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Russian national arrested for being a spy. Cuz, you know, Russia's at war with us.
The US government charged a Russian national with being a spy for the Russian government in the US and developing relationships "with US persons and infiltrating organizations having influence in American politics."

Maria Butina, who was involved with a Russian gun group that the National Rifle Association was supportive of, was arrested on Sunday and appeared in court in Washington, DC to Monday, according to the Justice Department.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

The Manchurian candidate is hard at work today, I see.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: The Manchurian candidate is hard at work today, I see.
I.. just.. what the fuck? Like, I get that his ego won't allow that he didn't win on his own or what-not, but what the fuck?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

It's almost like he has no idea what he's doing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's almost like he has no idea what he's doing.
I won't say treason... but holy fuck. Definitely incompetence. Every time I just think he's reached a new low, and it goes lower.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Fox News... doesn't seem to know what to say

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Like... they're not giving him a lovefest, but they certainly aren't attacking.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I saw a comment earlier that I tend to agree with. At this point I'd feel better if the Russians actually have something on him.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Vince wrote: I saw a comment earlier that I tend to agree with. At this point I'd feel better if the Russians actually have something on him.
I'm still waiting to jump on the 'pee tape is real" bandwagon, but Alex Jones doesn't want to go there and I don't know any other good* conspiracy theorists.

*(at what they do)
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote:
Vince wrote: I saw a comment earlier that I tend to agree with. At this point I'd feel better if the Russians actually have something on him.
I'm still waiting to jump on the 'pee tape is real" bandwagon, but Alex Jones doesn't want to go there and I don't know any other good* conspiracy theorists.

*(at what they do)
You can go with HuffPo. They ran an article that a few reporters have heard that there's a video tape from an elevator security camera showing Trump. No one knows where or when it was taken, or what it is supposed to show him doing, but they all agree that it could spell trouble for Trump. That was an actual article.

I find it shocking that the press thinks that somehow it's Trumps fault that people despise them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Also President Trump:
LITERALLY bringing up Hillary's emails again today.

Good job not focusing on the past.